Code of Conduct

Thread: SotM May 2008

Default SotM May 2008

Itís a big stats week here at Basenotes as you also get a SotM for May. This is really the best look weíve had at the entire community. When we went to the temporary board, while the main board was being re-coded, we had a unisex SotD. This was continued for a couple of weeks once we came back to the re-coded boards. Once the decision to split the boards was decided I started keeping combined stats anyway. The addition of the all the ladies had a profound effect on the numbers which Iíll get to. But first the raw numbers for May 2008. A total of 3,915 posts up from 3,317 for April. 1,398 different scents mentioned up from 1,115 in April. 716 scents worn once, for an individuality index of 18.2%; up from 590 and 17.8%, respectively last month. Add in the scents worn 2, 3 or 4 times i.e. those worn on an average less than once a week and the individuality index soars to a staggering 50% up from 44.6%. Stop and think about that half of the scents worn in May were worn less than an average of once a week. Incroyable!!!
    Why the big change in things? I can sum it up very easily ďIt was the LadiesĒ. Their addition to the stats has had a profound effect particularly on the diversity aspects but also in the way they champion a scent for a week. The ladies have rocked the stats the latter half of the month of May and the top 10 reflects this with both Jicky and Champs-Elysees in the #2 and 3 slots. Guerlain Vetiver, Dior Homme, and Creed Green Irish Tweed are here as usual. The other four entries are new to the top 10, Comme des Garcons Monocle Scent One: Hinoki is easily the new kid in town but the support for this scent grows week-to-week. Tauer LíAir du Desert Marocain and YSL Kouros have been close in the past and now make it in. Chanel Egoiste makes it in mostly on the back of an SSD around Chanel, The leader of the pack is the leader since Iíve been doing this. Although I think the ladies might knock it off its accustomed perch in June, with what I donít know but it will be fun to watch.

The top 10 for May 2008
    1.) Terre DíHermes 76 wears (1.9%)
    2.) Guerlain Jicky 62 wears (1.6%)
    3.) Guerlain Champs-Elysees 46 wears (1.2%)
    4.) Comme des Garcons Monocle Scent One: Hinoki 30 wears (0.8%)
    5.) Dior Homme 26 wears (0.7%)
    5.) Tauer LíAir du Desert Marocain 26 wears (0.7%)
    7.) Guerlain Vetiver 25 wears (0.6%)
    8.) Creed Green Irish Tweed 22 (0.6%)
    9.) Chanel Egoiste 21 wears (0.5%)
    9.) Yves St. Laurent Kouros 21 wears (0.5%)

Just missing out were, Parfums de Nicolai New York, Thierry Mugler Cologne, Guerlain Habit Rouge, Le Labo Rose 31, Bvlgari Black, Caron pour Un Homme, Creed Virgin Island Water, and Montale Black Aoud.
    I am looking forward to what our combined community has in store for this first full month of summer.
    As always you keep wearing Ďem and Iíll keep counting Ďem
    Have a well-fragranced week.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Default Re: SotM May 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Somerville Metro Man View Post
    Thierry Mugler Cologne, Guerlain Habit Rouge...Caron pour Un Homme,
    I remember wearing these but I don't remember posting all of my fragrance wearings. I love these stats and you do a good job posting the results. I wish more people would participate in SotD thread... but not to make your job more difficult

Quote Originally Posted by SirSlarty View Post
    I remember wearing these but I don't remember posting all of my fragrance wearings. I love these stats and you do a good job posting the results. I wish more people would participate in SotD thread... but not to make your job more difficult
    Ahhh the eternal question "If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to smell it does it give off a scent?"
    If you don't post it I can't count it. There are a number of members who post three or four days' worth at a time all at once so you shouldn't feel like you can't do that. I keep watch and anytime I see a new post in a SotD thread I go in and grab the data point. That's why I do post the just missed group every time in the hopes that it will encourage more people to post. The more people participating the more interesting the data is to me. Trust me on this one I have more trouble keeping track of the double-posters than I would in handling more posters
    Last edited by Somerville Metro Man; 5th June 2008 at 12:13 PM.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Great stuff, as ever.

I can't imagine anything duller in Scentsville than everyone wearing the same, so I won't be joining the plot to knock Terre d'Hermes off its perch. I'll be happy to represent the single wearing in any month of a few perfumes and being invisible on the stats. One day this month I'll wear Td'H itself, though, as I've been hankering after it since last week's Poivre Samarkande and Osmanthus by JCE.
    I don't always post my SotD, and certainly not all the SotEs, as I'm sure is true of many BNers.

Thanks again for the effort

Sorry, I posted a duplicate post which I don't know how to delete. This happens when I try to try to break out of a frozen screen.
    Last edited by Sestra; 5th June 2008 at 12:20 PM. Reason: duplicate