Code of Conduct

Default Tom Ford for Man and Escada Pour Homme smell alike?!

I just got my hands on a bottle of Escada pour homme and it smells a lot like Tom Ford for Man to me.

Am I crazy??

Default Re: Tom Ford for Man and Escada Pour Homme smell alike?!

You're not crazy. Strong similarities, but Tom Ford is weaker.

Ahhh... alas I can confirm my nose is not going crazy. I do feel duped for shelling out $90 for a bottle of Tom Ford where I could of got a better one for $40

It's been a while since I've smelled Escada Pour Homme and I wouldn't think there to be many similiarties. EPH had a warm/boozy edge to it. Tom Ford is, in my opinion, a lot more like L'Instant.

Quote Originally Posted by charlielu View Post
    Ahhh... alas I can confirm my nose is not going crazy. I do feel duped for shelling out $90 for a bottle of Tom Ford where I could of got a better one for $40
    40 bucks for Escada? I have a big bottle of it and it cost me 10 bucks at TJ Maxx. Delightful.

Quote Originally Posted by whosyourcaddy05 View Post
    40 bucks for Escada? I have a big bottle of it and it cost me 10 bucks at TJ Maxx. Delightful.
    we need this so called TJ Maxx in Australia

Yeah, they are somewhat alike. I thought the same thing when I picked up EPH a few months ago at Marshalls. I find TFFM smoother lighter and less powdery than EPH. Even the bottles look similar. I wonder if Tom Ford had seen / smelled Escada. Hmmmm

That being said I like both but I dont find myself reaching for EPH too often while I am almost out of my big bottle of TFFM. I think the lasting power of TFFM should be better. I heard the Extreme version isn't any better either. Shame. I bought the extreme version on ebay a few weeks ago but the seller never sent it. I dont think I'd pay retail for the extreme if the longevity is same as the regular.

Quote Originally Posted by Thebark View Post
    It's been a while since I've smelled Escada Pour Homme and I wouldn't think there to be many similiarties. EPH had a warm/boozy edge to it. Tom Ford is, in my opinion, a lot more like L'Instant.
    I agree with the L'Instant comparison. I think that the bottle for TFfM was somewhat inspired by Escada PH...

Quote Originally Posted by charlielu
    I just got my hands on a bottle of Escada pour homme and it smells a lot like Tom Ford for Man to me.

Am I crazy??
    Well, call ME crazy but I really don't have that impression.
    Their bottles are alike, I agree with that.
    “As if everyone, all over the world, had his daily visually artistic task; the task of being an image for others.” Peter Handke

I sampled both a long time ago (2-3 months), but it never entered my mind that there were strong similarities.

I think Tom Ford for Men shares some similarities with a few scents including Escada Pour Homme and L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme-- but I prefer Tom Ford. It's got the "lite-oriental" base that some of these others have, but I like the zing of the topnotes and the unique muskiness in the drydown. I can see how some would be underwhelmed by Tom Ford for Men, but to me it's absolutely perfect. I could wear it everyday, anywhere.

I tried Tom Ford for the first time on Wednesday and was very much reminded of Escada Pour Homme. In fact I was surprised (and relieved) to find that a thread already existed with my impression.

But yes, Escada is stronger.

Count me in, Tom Ford for Men is the fresh airy version of L'Instant, but also shares similarities with Escada PH.

Both Tom Ford for Men and Escada PH are fresh orientals. I would call L'Instant an oriental gourmand.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Ooh, this came out of left field. I wear EpH often (the day before yesterday being the last time) and it never occurred to me that they were that similar. The bottles are though, with the EpH being the more beautiful of the two.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

cheerup ,, Charlie .
    The bright side is you have found Basenotes and this need not happen again .
    There are plenty of frags priced around the $15 - $20 range available online that blow many niche scents away .
    My SotD is Carven Homme .... its brillant ,, check out the Carlo Corinto thread as well . I'll be wearing Escada sometime this week .
    cheers .

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

When I first read this post I thought no way - it couldn't be possible. WELL, indeed they are VERY similar after I tried them both (one on each arm). However, I found the Tom Ford a bit more pleasing to my nose than the Escada PH in the first few minutes. There is something truly unique to Tom Ford that is lacking in the Escada, in the way of projection. However, I don't think it is anything that different and it is fleeting. That said, to the bitter end, the drydown is almost exactly the same.

All I can think of is how I didn't catch this sooner!?!
    I love Jasmine.

Thumbs up Re: Tom Ford for Man and Escada Pour Homme smell alike?!

Am I crazy??
    I thought that to. You're not crazy. I thought I was the only person to think this.

Ok so what I've realised about TFfH is better than I first thought.

It needs two applications for a start about 30 mins apart to get the best out of it.

EpH is lovely and is easily as good but is not the same as TFfM.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

I own both of these and they are somewhat similar. TF is more modern with a nod to the past while EPH while release din the 90's I feel has alot to do with the 80's.

I'm not very fond of the TF top notes (they're not offensive or anything) there is something about them that smells like plastic to me. However the base notes are awesome. This one turned me on to Tom Ford in general.

The Escada PH is more powdery to my nose. Also there seems to be some orange in there to me.

I prefer the TFFM. I am almost through a 100ml of TFFM while the EPH is nearly full.

I really don't find too many similarities to call them similar. I have Escada PH edp, and it's more like Thebark described above. TF was more dry and had some small similarities to CdG Man2.
    "Faites des bętises, mais faites les avec enthousiasme !" Colette