Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 65
  1. #1

    Default Tea based Scents - Greatest hits Vol. 1

    Im finding utmost comfort and feel very relaxed around Tea based scents like the Bulgari PH and also their cologne series...mainly green tea.....i also enjoyed Elizabeth Arden Green Tea and Spiced green tea on my wife...

    could anyone suggest nicely blended Green tea scents...preferably wet like bulgari PH (soir would be dry in reference)..i wouldnt mind powdery scents too....i have tried most of the Bulgari series...need to see if there is any other house which has done justice to the Tea note...

    P.S. I would prefer scents with a dominant Tea note...

  2. #2
    Sur la Plage

    petruccijc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Clearwater Beach, Florida
    Posts
    17,020

    Default Re: Tea based Scents - Greatest hits Vol. 1

    I like some of the green tea scents from L'Occitane.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

  3. #3

    Default Re: Tea based Scents - Greatest hits Vol. 1

    Element of Surprise - Creative Universe
    Frank No. 1
    Yang
    Roger and Gallet - Green Tea
    L'Occitane Green Tea EdT


    I am sure others will think of more.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Tea based Scents - Greatest hits Vol. 1

    Thanks Guys!! and i was thinkin only bulgari does it..DUH!

    yang is somethin i cud get my hands on immediately i think...

  5. #5
    Basenotes Institution
    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    29,632

    Default Re: Tea based Scents - Greatest hits Vol. 1

    Try Tommy Girl by Tommy Hilfiger. Marketed to women, I know...but the tea note is subtle and brilliant. Can be worn by a man.
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

    -- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: No. 5 L'Eau by Chanel

  6. #6

    Default Re: Tea based Scents - Greatest hits Vol. 1

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Try Tommy Girl by Tommy Hilfiger. Marketed to women, I know...but the tea note is subtle and brilliant. Can be worn by a man.
    now thts somethin i would have never known... Thanx!

  7. #7
    Brielle87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,929

    Default Re: Tea based Scents - Greatest hits Vol. 1

    Tea for Two by l'Artisan, if your in the mood for intense clear your brain, strong black smoky tea.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

  8. #8

    Default Re: Tea based Scents - Greatest hits Vol. 1

    It's pretty hard to come by in our area but sample Carthusia Mediterraneo... lovely interplay between lemon and green tea notes, definitely of the "wet" type as you mention.

    And if smoky black tea is what you want, then apart from the L'Artisan mentioned above.. you can also try (No. 318) Sensuelle by Memoire Liquide ...dense smoky black tea on a luscious sandalwood base...it's addictive like crack.. I think it's marketed towards women but I say it's unisex... can easily be worn by a man.


    PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather




  9. #9

    Default Re: Tea based Scents - Greatest hits Vol. 1

    One of the finest black tea-based scents is Versace Black Jeans: it adds a powdery warmth that is quite unique.

    For a dirty black tea scent I really like Jean-Charles Brosseau's The Brun.

    You should find both of them reasonably priced on-line.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Tea based Scents - Greatest hits Vol. 1

    Quote Originally Posted by javagreen View Post
    It's pretty hard to come by in our area but sample Carthusia Mediterraneo... lovely interplay between lemon and green tea notes, definitely of the "wet" type as you mention.

    And if smoky black tea is what you want, then apart from the L'Artisan mentioned above.. you can also try (No. 318) Sensuelle by Memoire Liquide ...dense smoky black tea on a luscious sandalwood base...it's addictive like crack.. I think it's marketed towards women but I say it's unisex... can easily be worn by a man.

    hey, thanks Java! - you have sampled lot of stuff lately! when could we meet?
    Last edited by jenson; 5th June 2008 at 08:44 PM.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Tea based Scents - Greatest hits Vol. 1

    Quote Originally Posted by JanAlways View Post
    One of the finest black tea-based scents is Versace Black Jeans: it adds a powdery warmth that is quite unique.

    For a dirty black tea scent I really like Jean-Charles Brosseau's The Brun.

    You should find both of them reasonably priced on-line.
    Thanx much for the inputs Jan!!

  12. #12
    Sur la Plage

    petruccijc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Clearwater Beach, Florida
    Posts
    17,020

    Default Re: Tea based Scents - Greatest hits Vol. 1

    Quote Originally Posted by JanAlways View Post
    One of the finest black tea-based scents is Versace Black Jeans: it adds a powdery warmth that is quite unique.

    For a dirty black tea scent I really like Jean-Charles Brosseau's The Brun.

    You should find both of them reasonably priced on-line.
    I love The Brun! Great black tea scent.

    Gucci PH II has a black tea scent that a lot of people enjoy.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

  13. #13
    Asha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,456

    Default Re: Tea based Scents - Greatest hits Vol. 1

    To my nose, Hermes Hermessence Osmanthe Yunnan is a dry black tea scent--if I interpret correctly by dry you mean "unbrewed" The "yunnan" does smell a bit leathery to me, though.

  14. #14

    tang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midwest, U.S.
    Posts
    2,995

    Default Re: Tea based Scents - Greatest hits Vol. 1

    Omnia is another great one from Bulgari, and their red tea perfume is what started my whole Basenotes journey.

    I recently found a bottle of Guerlain's Aroma Allegoria Vitalisant -- the box refers to the "invigorating notes of tea and saffron." I foresee wearing it quite a bit this summer!
    .
    Sniff and let sniff.

  15. #15

    Post Re: Tea based Scents - Greatest hits Vol. 1

    Yerbamate is by far my favourite tea fragrance. It's a true masterpiece, check out foetidus' fantastic review. There is nothing relevant I could add to that.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Tea based Scents - Greatest hits Vol. 1

    Asha & Tang - thanx for participating, your choices sound exotic.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Tea based Scents - Greatest hits Vol. 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Ludlow View Post
    Yerbamate is by far my favourite tea fragrance. It's a true masterpiece, check out foetidus' fantastic review. There is nothing relevant I could add to that.
    Thanks Johnny!!! - btw..which house are you referring too...?

  18. #18
    Basenotes Plus
    RHM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    4,053
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Tea based Scents - Greatest hits Vol. 1

    I love Bulgari's white tea fragrance line myself. There are lots of body products to go with it & unisex, as well. 2nd favorite is their rubios tea scent. *waves to tang*
    Now if I can find one that smells like Russian Caravan tea, I'll be "set".
    We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men. ~Herman Melville
    Currently wearing: Alpona by Caron

  19. #19

    Default Re: Tea based Scents - Greatest hits Vol. 1

    Tea for two is a great suggestion while I wouldn't waste time around The pour un été.
    Yerbamate is another good suggestion though it has mate and not maybe exactly what you're looking for tea.
    I'm not a great tea based scents since I find them all sweetened up and related to sugary light teas while I prefer tea to be black and quite dry. If you like your tea with this mood then try the only tea frag I really dig: Comme des Garcons Serie 1 Leaves: TEA. in a word stunning imo.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Tea based Scents - Greatest hits Vol. 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnifiscent View Post
    Tea for two is a great suggestion while I wouldn't waste time around The pour un été.
    Yerbamate is another good suggestion though it has mate and not maybe exactly what you're looking for tea.
    I'm not a great tea based scents since I find them all sweetened up and related to sugary light teas while I prefer tea to be black and quite dry. If you like your tea with this mood then try the only tea frag I really dig: Comme des Garcons Serie 1 Leaves: TEA. in a word stunning imo.
    oh yes! ow did i miss that!! need to have that on my hit list. by dry i believe you are referrin to Soir or may be bulgari black or the red tea from bulgari cologne series...?
    as Asha puts it...unbrewed..?

  21. #21

    Default Re: Tea based Scents - Greatest hits Vol. 1

    Tea for two, of course.¨

    was my sotd yesterday, it s just a great fragrance

  22. #22

    Default Re: Tea based Scents - Greatest hits Vol. 1

    One of my consistent compliment getters...YANG!

    The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

  23. #23

    Default Re: Tea based Scents - Greatest hits Vol. 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Moon View Post
    One of my consistent compliment getters...YANG!
    Yang has me intrigued now...thnx Simon.

  24. #24
    KMF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    3,330

    Default Re: Tea based Scents - Greatest hits Vol. 1

    Verino by Roberto Verino




    Verino by Roberto Verino has top notes of Cardamom, Cedar Leaves, Grapefruit, and Coriander. It has middle notes of Cypress, Violet, and Earl Grey Tea. Verino Pour Homme cologne by Roberto Verino has base notes of Sandalwood, Vetiver, and White Musk.

  25. #25

    Default Re: Tea based Scents - Greatest hits Vol. 1

    L'Artisan and Bulgari are great suggestions but I would be very careful of Yang - it's terribly sweet and a bit synthetic. Also bear in mind that none of these possess great longevity (probably average, if you're lucky).

  26. #26
    Renato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    12,382

    Default Re: Tea based Scents - Greatest hits Vol. 1

    Bvlgari Black is definitely tea based, though I don't think it Green Tea.

    My favourites are Yang and Annick Goutal's Duel.
    Renato

  27. #27

    Default Re: Tea based Scents - Greatest hits Vol. 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    L'Artisan and Bulgari are great suggestions but I would be very careful of Yang - it's terribly sweet and a bit synthetic. Also bear in mind that none of these possess great longevity (probably average, if you're lucky).
    My bottle of Yang is anything but sweet!

    It's more dirty and musky to me.

    The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

  28. #28
    Mudassir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,612
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Tea based Scents - Greatest hits Vol. 1

    How about Annick Goutal Duel

  29. #29

    Default Re: Tea based Scents - Greatest hits Vol. 1

    My newest find is Harmatan Noir by Parfumerie Generale...smoky, black tea.

    My other fav's are Russian Caravan Tea by I Hate Perfume, Bvlgari's Green Tea Extreme, L'Artisan's The Pour Un Ete, and Hermes' Osmanthus Yunnan.
    Currently wearing: Déclaration by Cartier

  30. #30

    Default Re: Tea based Scents - Greatest hits Vol. 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    L'Artisan and Bulgari are great suggestions but I would be very careful of Yang - it's terribly sweet and a bit synthetic. Also bear in mind that none of these possess great longevity (probably average, if you're lucky).
    I think you need to try again yang. L'Artisan is much sweeter than Yang

    A couple I did not see mentioned

    Hamptons, Silver mountain Water
    Concerto Fragonard.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000