Code of Conduct

Default Layering..can anyone give useful tips on layering different frags?

I feel mixing two or more frags you don't particularly like is taboo on basenotes..but how about giving some useful tips on how to layer for example do you layer two frags from the same olfactory group or opposite. Say L'eau d'issey has a harch yuzo/mandarin orange opening, how can you tone it down?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Layering..can anyone give useful tips on layering different frags?

If you find the opening harsh, then you mihgt want to try layering it with something sweet. Perhaps Kiehl's Musk? But I doubt it would go too well with Miyake. If opening is the only thing you want to change, then try something that has a bit of a sweet opening, and the middle and basenotes are quite a bit similar to Miyake.

Unfortunately I don't think this can be done, for layering doesn't mean you can't make notes that you don't like magically disappear.

Layering is more about adding, then mixing anyway. That's why layering (most of the time) works best when at least one of the fragrances you wear is somewhat linear.
    No guru, not method, no teacher
    Just you and I and nature

it seems to me if the middle and base notes of 2 frags are pretty similar, then you can alter or improve the top notes,

what is your favorite layering of frags?

Where is our Smelling Lady of the Layering when we need her?