Code of Conduct

Default Looking for: daily summer wear

I'm looking for a fresh scent that i can wear daily over the summer months.

Few years back I fell in love with lacoste essential, but am looking for a replacement... something cool and a little flowery. Now I'm all for the jp gaultier line, and was wondering if anyone has feedback on the le male summer. Also, I read on one site that it is a "body spray," so how much weaker is it?

Default Re: Looking for: daily summer wear

I would personally go for Lanvin L'Homme for office, Creed MI for casual going out and Tom Ford for Men in a more formal setting. The Tom Ford one really smells great in summer when it mixes with a bit of body heat.

AdP Colonia or Penhaligon's Castile.

Post Thanks / Like

cartier declaration which is similar (fresher and lighter) to terre d´hermes (same parfümer)
    iceberg twice (fresh oriental)
    "Wow, I've never smelled anything like that before."

Post Thanks / Like

D&G Light Blue [women's version]

Le Male summer isn't so great, it's a watered-down version of the original. There's much better summer-edition scents, like Very Irresistible Fresh Attitude Summer Cocktail. What a mouthful! But it's much better than Very Irresistible... I'm not sure if it's better than the Fresh Attitude, but I happened to like it a lot.

If you're looking for a fun and fruity scent, Un Jardin sur le Nil is your best bet.

Post Thanks / Like

Hermes Concentree d'Orange Verte is great - and has a matching soap for your shower...

Teddius

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a big fan of JPG at all, but if you're looking for a fruity but complex fragrance you should check out Mont Blanc Individuel. Also light with fruit based topnotes is the obscure (but inexpensive) Bob Mackie for men. If you're willing to go more citrus than sweet fruit, I'm a huge fan of Chanel Allure Homme Sport (and the cologne version is marketed as a body spray), which is definitely go-to scent recently.

Lacoste Booster- Fresh/minty and cheap, but quality juice.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Yves Saint-Laurent - Opium pour Homme Eau d'Orient
    Yves Saint-Laurent - L'Homme
    Thierry Mugler - Mugler Cologne
    Sean John - Unforgivable
    Bulgari - Aqua
    Commes des Garcons - Vettiveru
    Acqua di Parma - Colonia or Colonia Intensa or Colonia Assoluta
    Cartier - Eau de Cartier Concentree
    Nina Ricci - Ricci Club Concentree
    Rochas - Eau de Rochas Homme
    Last edited by petruccijc; 7th June 2008 at 08:11 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Annick Goutal Eau d'Hadrien or Hadrien Absolu.

As I haven't had the opportunity to sample all of the following scents, I am not able to recommend them, but think that they may fit the fresh/citrus/floral type of summer scent. Maybe someone who has tried all of them could comment on them and compare them? A hint of whether they'd suit better the twenty-something or the more mature crowd would also be highly appreciated!

- Burberry Summer
    - Paul Smith Story
    - Chanel Allure Sport Cologne

Thanks & Regards

Quote Originally Posted by thepriceupay View Post
    - Burberry Summer
    - Paul Smith Story
    - Chanel Allure Sport Cologne
    I have Burberry Summer and Chanel Allure Sport Cologne. Both are very nice. Burberry Summer is the fresher of the two. Both could be weared by anyone between 18 and 40 I think. Over 40 and I'll look for something with a little more class, like AdP Colonia or Penhaligon's Castile as I recommended above (they will also work well on younger people).

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Parfums de Nicolai Cologne Nature
    i Profumi di Firenze Agrumi di Sicilia
    AdP Colonia
    Penhaligon's Castile
    Brent

Catherine Deneuve: "You should put scent where you like to be kissed."

Well, considering I'm a student and will be working days in a care-home, I just realized there isn't much use for too fresh of a daily cologne... so something fairly versatile, but leaning towards citrus/fruit & floral would be what I'm looking for.

(sorry, I'm new with fragrances, so I can't speak in your guys' language at this time)

Post Thanks / Like

I'll throw a vote out for Geir. It's cool, but sweet smelling at the same time. Could be just what you're looking for.
    ♦Wishlist♦

Nasomatto - Silver Musk
    Prada - Prada Man/Amber Pour Homme
    Tom Ford - Oud Wood

A L'Artisan Cap (old or new style)

Clothing + Goodies for sale!

Post Thanks / Like

The one I keep reaching for this summer is Puro Lino. I wear it several times a week.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    The one I keep reaching for this summer is Puro Lino. I wear it several times a week.
    Agree! Puro Lino is the best thing in high humidity. I'm sure I'll use my entire bottle this summer.

Post Thanks / Like

200 ml bottle of Eau de cartier Concentree...cant get better than this....

Post Thanks / Like

Hey! I just transferred my gigantic bottle of Cartier EDC to the locker at work and have spent the weekend on the geriatric ward fending off blue haired ladies who think I smelled like a lovely, lovely haystack.

so something fairly versatile, but leaning towards citrus/fruit & floral would be what I'm looking for.
    However, for the requirements of young master derekzak I think perhaps Clinique's Happy might be more of the kind of thing he's looking for.

Post Thanks / Like

I became a recent convert to Eau Sauvage.
    It's been lying around all this time in my parents' home and I never cared to sample it until a few weeks ago.
    Now I know why it's always cited as a classic citrus and one of Roudnitska's masterpiece.
    Last edited by heythatslife; 9th June 2008 at 10:08 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

If JPG for the summer, a bit flowery: the new La Cologne Fleur du Male is your friend, wich came out about a month ago. Extremely soapy at the beginning, but after about 10-15 minutes it would disappear and a very nice fresh flowery note would emerge. I highly recommend it.

Post Thanks / Like

Since you are a student, perhaps an affordable suggestion would be Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte (not the Concentree). It has been out for a while, so it can be found at the online discounters. Another widely worn but good quality, low price cologne-like fragrance is CK One.

Of the other suggestions, probably the Eau de Cartier, Nina Ricci, Burberry and Rochas can be easily found at discount also.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    Agree! Puro Lino is the best thing in high humidity. I'm sure I'll use my entire bottle this summer.
    I guess it's just you and me enjoying Puro Lino this summer. Wish we could convince more people to sample it.

irrbloss your nose is the same as mine. Penhaligons Castile or Adp colonia intensa/original is my vote

How about Azzaro Chrome? It's very fresh, and the hedione gives it a sort of floral dynamic without ever losing a masculine edge. The first few times I wore it, I felt it was too synthetic to enjoy, but those views have changed. On a hot day, this one is tough to beat. I also get a lot of complements from this one too.

Other good fragrances for the summer are Mugler's Cologne and CK Be.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll second the Tom Ford for men suggestion and add Aigner Black Icedrops... a real gem.. vastly underexposed.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Thumbs up Re: Looking for: daily summer wear

Quote Originally Posted by derekzak View Post
    I'm looking for a fresh scent that i can wear daily over the summer months.

Few years back I fell in love with lacoste essential, but am looking for a replacement... something cool and a little flowery. Now I'm all for the jp gaultier line, and was wondering if anyone has feedback on the le male summer. Also, I read on one site that it is a "body spray," so how much weaker is it?
    I suggest Herrera Aqua.

live jazz is one of the crowd favorites for citrusy summer fragrances. It's a hard one to dislike.

I just exchanged a 125ml of JPG Le Male, and paid a little extra, for a 75ml of Le Male and Fluer de Male. Problem is, I just noticed there was a promotion happening at the store... buy 75ml of Le Male and get 125ml of Le Male shower gel for $2 extra.

Looks like I'm making two trips to the store today.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess it's just you and me enjoying Puro Lino this summer. Wish we could convince more people to sample it.
    I sampled it...and, well, it really did not agree with my skin or my nose. My perception after the initial application was an almost medicinal "clean linen" scent--the kind I have smelled in hospital laundries. Later, it smelled like nothing special--sort of a white Ivory soap. I traded the sample, because I am pretty sure it is me and my perceptions that make Puro Lino less than enjoyable.

Today I am wearing Estee Lauder Pure White Linen, and it has some similarities, but is quite toned down in comparison. I think PWL is a great summer scent, and it is reasonably priced. However, I am not sure it is masculine enough for most men.

Cambridge, Leeds, London and Newcastle (It's complicated!)
    Post Thanks / Like

everyday summer scent? HAS to be guerlain's Vetiver, it goes on so fresh and green and is one of the most artfully constructed things ive ever smelt. it's also available everywhere, and quite discounted online if you shop about.

tom ford for men is growing on me, but more of a summer evening scent.... and again i'd be tempted to say guerlain vetiver again!

i know it's much maligned here at basenotes, but personally i still really like carolina herrera's 212 men. whilst i think it's summery enough with it's grassy notes, the summer 'Splash' edition is a lighter twist on the original, but not as good in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, we might sample it, but luckyscent.com doesn't have any samples of this. Have either of you gentlemen tried Hugh Parson's Blue? A lot of what is said about Puro Lino reminds me of Hugh Parsons.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Frances View Post
    Well, we might sample it, but luckyscent.com doesn't have any samples of this. Have either of you gentlemen tried Hugh Parson's Blue? A lot of what is said about Puro Lino reminds me of Hugh Parsons.

Joe
    I have the Hugh Parsons Traditional (Blue) and it is a very clean scent with a nice drydown without being cloying. I am waiting on a sample of Puro Lino to compare. If they are the same I may wait to order PL just to save some money. But, all the talk about it makes me anxious for the sample to arrive.

Post Thanks / Like

Lorenzo Villoresi Uomo is a good one for daily summer wear.
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

I'm convinced. I'm ordering a sample tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

Polo Blue is a great everyday scent. I have been wearing it alot.
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Current Rotation: Terre D'Hermes, Boucheron PH, Villoresi Uomo, Green Irish Tweed, Chanel PMC, Gucci PH, Floris Santal, Carven Homme, Dunhill '34, PI by Givenchy, Parfums de Nicolai New York

Post Thanks / Like

Itsthepens is absolutely right...Vetiver by Guerlain is one of my favorite scents and a great choice for summer. Fresh, clean, masculine...a classic masterpiece. Others you might enjoy for the summer are Set Sail South Seas by Tommy Bahama, Mugler Cologne and pretty much most aquatics. I understand Creed's Erolfa is a good summer scent as well.