Code of Conduct

Talking Comme des Garcons x Stephen Jones - New CDG Collab Frag after Hinoki (due September)

Just read it from NowSmellThis and thought I'd let all you CDG fans know. It's made by nose Antoine Maisondeau, who was also responsible for Hinoki as well as Brit, London, etc.

$146 for 55ml EDT. Out in September. (3 months from now )

Notes:
    violet, violet leaf, 'synthesized cyber aldehyde', clove, carnation, rose, jasmine, heliotrope, gaiac wood, magma, black cumin, vetiver and amber.

Synthesized cyber aldehyde? Magma? I think I'll be one of the first to order a sample when it comes out as I'm a lover of violet in general. I guess magma would be something like a hot-"dirt and rocks"' accord, but I'm not sure how aldehydes can be CYBER.

The full article is at : http://nowsmellthis.blogharbor.com/b...6/3731487.html
    Last edited by moltening; 8th June 2008 at 06:40 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Comme des Garcons x Stephen Jones - New CDG Collab Frag after Hinoki (due Septemb

Looking forward to smelling this also - although the bottle is dreadfully feminine.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Default Re: Comme des Garcons x Stephen Jones - New CDG Collab Frag after Hinoki (due Septemb

*Swoons*

Damn, and here I am STILL trying to get my hands on a Hinoki sample without success

I know it's somewhat off topic here, but can ANY kind soul send me a sample? I'm in India!

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Sounds interesting but I doubt it will be half the fragrance Hinoki is -- My love!

The nowsmellthis article says it will be an EdT, not EdP (if it matters to anyone).

I can't wait to smell this! The notes sound really promising. As Mike mentioned the bottle looks awfully feminine which makes me wonder if this will be marketed to a female audience.

Wow, they sure are releasing a lot of new stuff this year. They also still have that scent they're creating for H&M. I haven't been enjoying anything they've released in the last 2-3 years, so I don't know about this one....

Quote Originally Posted by IKL View Post
    I can't wait to smell this! The notes sound really promising. As Mike mentioned the bottle looks awfully feminine which makes me wonder if this will be marketed to a female audience.
    It looks AND sounds feminine to me, but who knows...

Basenotes Institution

Has anyone smelled this yet?

Here's a picture of the bottle/box:

Last edited by mikeperez23; 24th September 2008 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by moltening View Post
    Just read it from NowSmellThis and thought I'd let all you CDG fans know. It's made by nose Antoine Maisondeau, who was also responsible for Hinoki as well as Brit, London, etc.

$146 for 55ml EDT. Out in September. (3 months from now )

Notes:
    violet, violet leaf, 'synthesized cyber aldehyde', clove, carnation, rose, jasmine, heliotrope, gaiac wood, magma, black cumin, vetiver and amber.
    Sounds like the new frontier of CdG's postmodern fragrance palatte is to explore the hyper real essence of molten and digital life with new found accords of "magma" and "cyber aldehyde". CdG has discovered a great way to excite the molecules of an otherwise very traditional sounding dark floral chypre. Can't wait to try it!
    Last edited by Buzzlepuff; 3rd August 2008 at 01:11 PM.

Can't wait to try this! It doesn't sound as "me" as Hinoki did (and also turned out to be), but it sounds definitely interesting. Love the hat box packaging, too.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

I love the bottle too, as well as the little black veil, very Frenchy and ... ambiguous ...
    L'amour fait songer, vivre et croire. Il a, pour réchauffer le coeur, un rayon de plus que la gloire; et ce rayon, c'est le bonheur. (Victor HUGO)

Basenotes Institution

Anyone smell this one yet?

Being the CdG fan that I am....this is good news.
    Gary

Basenotes Institution

I called the Stephen Jones boutique (in Covent Garden) today and a very helpful woman said that the scent is not released yet. They expect it next week, Monday the 15th.

I asked her if they would ship to the US and she said yes. She didn't have the price yet, but promised to email me the price, details as soon as possible.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac