Code of Conduct

Default What do you think (second post)

I've had a great time testing and trying new fragrances, so I had to order a second batch of decants;

Acqua di Parma - Colonia Assoluta (love this so much!)
    Annick Goutal - Eau d'Hadrien
    Boucheron - Jaipur Homme Fraicheur
    Bulgari - Bulgari Black
    Bulgari - Eau Parfumée au thé rouge
    Geoffrey Beene - Grey Flannel
    L'Occitane - Vetyver
    Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier - Eau des Iles
    Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier - Parfum d'Habit
    Michael Storer - Monk EdT
    Tauer - L'Air du Desert Marcoain
    The Art of Shaving - Sandalwood

And finally some florals to help me relax:
    Yardley - April Violets
    Yardley - Lily of the Valley

I must admit, I'm attracted to half of them because of the name...

now what are they like? Are they enjoyable? Any fragrances I should watch out for?

I've only tried "Colonia Assoluta" and "L'Air du deser marocain" - brilliant stuff!
    A

Newbie discovering the wonderful world of perfume

Looking for; http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=210771
    and
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=214089

Default Re: What do you think (second post)

L'Air du Desert Marcoain is a masterpiece, that much I know... congrats on the purchase, there are some nice ones in the list

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Well I think all of them are ejoyable...
    I never understood the hype for LDDM, Try Bois Blond.

Basenotes Institution

Isn't Colonia Assoluta by Acqua di Parma wonderful? Glad you got the chance to sample it, I went through a full bottle years ago and I swear it always put me in a good mood applying it. Tons of compliments, it smelled fresh, expensive yet...casual too. Lovely stuff. One of Jean Claude Ellena's best.

Try Eau de Hadrien by Annick Goutal next. I tried it for the very first time myself - yesterday. Amazing citrus fragrance, not anything like Colonia Assoluta. More...stripped down and minimal. But something in the fragrance after an hour-or-so has this little 'bite'. I was not a fan of the Goutal line at all, but last night something shifted...and I 'got' EdH. Oh, and if I was you, I would overapply EdH...since it's a citrus you really need to get a lot on you to appreciate this one. Hope it reveals itself nicely to you as well.

The other in your list that is a great fragrance, IMO, is L' Air du Desert Marocain by Tauer. An oriental that you can wear in Summer...strange but true.

Not much experience with the rest...except for Grey Flannel which is the penultimate violet fragrance for men. Somehow I can't shake the mental associations with this scent. My grandfather (who past away from Parkinson's disease) wore this and every time I smell it, I get sad.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle