Code of Conduct

Default Fragrances for hot weather that should work...

... but didn't. Have you ever thought of a fragrance to go really well with hot weather, then tested it and found out it didn't? I have two of these:

Terre D'Hermes: It's got that cold earthy note which should work - but the orange peel dominates in warm weather and makes it unwearable.

Creed Imperial Millesime: So fresh, but in hot weather it gets so sweet and cloying on me, all the freshness just disappears.

Default Re: Fragrances for hot weather that should work...

VIW. The Coconut gets too cloying.
    Ungaro III. It does not work with my skin. It smells like gasoline when mixed with sweat.
    Gucci II. Eventhough it is the Freshest (?) of the Guccis, I rather use it during wintertime.
    M7 Fresh. Being fresher than th original M7, it is not wearable when the weather feels like 99 F
    Rive Gauche. The Anise note on the orginal does not work for me when the weather is humid and hot. Its abscense in the Light version makes a HUGE difference in the drydown (even though the difference in the top notes is not easily perceived)
    Visit. I thought it was a fresh scent. It has nutmeg. I hate Nutmeg. Actually, I cannot wear this at all.
    Last edited by irish; 8th June 2008 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by irrbloss View Post
    ... but didn't. Have you ever thought of a fragrance to go really well with hot weather, then tested it and found out it didn't? I have two of these:

Terre D'Hermes: It's got that cold earthy note which should work - but the orange peel dominates in warm weather and makes it unwearable.

Creed Imperial Millesime: So fresh, but in hot weather it gets so sweet and cloying on me, all the freshness just disappears.
    I wonder if this is both a skin and perception thing. Popped into a fragrance department over the weekend - and it;s amazing how 'similiar' a lot of 'new' perfumes for the summer seem to smell. They all seem vastly too floral or conditioner like for my particular tastes (these were male perfumes which often didn't smell masculine enough to me - and seemed to be made for a generation who actually doesn't want to smell manly - maybe out of an operation to body odour).

Basenotes Institution

Lemon Sorbet by ETRO - lemon, and then something smoky, ashy and burnt smelling showed up in the heat. Nauseating and annoying - which turned me off to wearing it and I sold my bottle.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

M7 Fresh! Its a good choice for very cold winters!

In our recent hot spell here I've been enjoying Dior's Eau Sauvage. Its made me want to try Diorella, which, according to Turin is a perfected Eau Sauvage and wearable for men.

I do find, though, that most fragrances work best in cooler "air-conditioned" weather.
    Last edited by Delmar; 9th June 2008 at 02:13 PM.

Un Jardin Sur Le Nil - wonderful in hot weather
    Castile by Penhaligons
    AdP Colonia, Asoluta and Intensa
    Eau de Cartier
    Guerlain Vetiver
    Cool Water
    Chanel Allure
    Chanel Egoiste Platinum

Although it's hot in London to day and I'm wearing Kingdom and it smells fantastic.

Creed Selection Verte is air conditioning in a bottle.

L'instant de Guerlain pour homme, nice in warm weather but dont use it when winter all u are going to get is not more than a patchouli notes dominating.

ok, i think the last 3 posters completely missed the directions of the thread creator....

for me....Paco Black XS....becomes wayyyy too overbearing with strawberry sweetness in the heat.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Lemon Sorbet by ETRO - lemon, and then something smoky, ashy and burnt smelling showed up in the heat. Nauseating and annoying - which turned me off to wearing it and I sold my bottle.
    Hmmmm.....I have absolutely no problems with wearing Lemon Sorbet in hot weather. I love it! I even got a couple of "somebody smells good" compliments.

But I guess that's just another example of how different fragrances react to each of our skin/chemistry.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by scentsual View Post
    In our recent hot spell here I've been enjoying Dior's Eau Sauvage. Its made me want to try Diorella, which, according to Turin is a perfected Eau Sauvage and wearable for men.
    You must try Dior's Eau Fraiche then. It was Roudnitska's creation from the early 50's that he based Eau Sauvage and Diorella on. Lovely stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    You must try Dior's Eau Fraiche then. It was Roudnitska's creation from the early 50's that he based Eau Sauvage and Diorella on. Lovely stuff.
    Thanks for the tip! I'll be getting on it. I got to sniff Diorella on a small test strip today downtown. The SA was stingy as she sprayed it on (as they tend to be) so my impression was somewhat fleeting. The Dior section had an offshoot Eau Fraiche of Dior Addict but that probably wasn't the "Eau Fraiche" you're refering to. I see now that TPC has both!

Indeed. Hermes-Un jardin en mediteranee. Love its green breeze