Code of Conduct

Default SotD Tuesday 10 June

Another day in TDC's wonderful Sel de Vétiver.

Enjoy your day!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Tuesday 10 June

Hanae Mori Butterfly

Santa Maria Novella MELOGRANO for this beautiful spring day.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

A Dutch fragrance in celebration of last night

Luctor et Emergo
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Cacharel Gloria for me today

BAHIANA by MPG

Notes: Brazilian orange, caïpirinha lemon, yellow mandarin, tagette, green leaf, rosewood, gaiac wood, elemi, amber, musk, and coconut.

Distinctive, lively and bright, not too sweet, exactly right for the day ahead.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Gefeliciteerd Riannon for the Dutch victory!

Czech & Speake No. 88 from a generous Circa1905 sample as SotD.
    Last edited by kbe; 10th June 2008 at 09:15 AM.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by Riannon View Post
    A Dutch fragrance in celebration of last night

Luctor et Emergo
    Yeah, yeah! What a night! 3-0 against World Champion Italy.

I hope all of you in the hot area are doing well.

I'm in Perles de Lalique.
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

Congratulations to Miss R on the big win (Lady_in_Black, my brother Magnifiscent and many of you probably know that deep in my heart I am whispering "Forza Inter!" though ) and a meaningful choice of SotD!

What to wear? What to wear? The last drops of Krizia Teatro Alla Scala, how about that?

Congrats to our Dutch friends' Orange Team for the win .... well done and totally deserved!
    The Italian Team was a mess yesterday eve...worse than amateurs
    TWolfie, thanks for your support! At least, our beloved Inter won the Italian championship.

Well, I'm not enough of a soccer fan to let a defeat ruin my day. I'm feeling good in

Cuir de Lancome!
    Have a lovely Tuesday!
    Last edited by Lady_in_Black; 10th June 2008 at 10:14 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Basenotes Plus

Bvlgari Omnia
    Notes: mandarin, saffron, masala tea, white chocolate

Have a wonderful day, everyone.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Today is a beautiful day I'm off to work thoug,so wearing Narciso Rodriguez edt.Have a great day all!

Comme des Garçons - Lily ( Thank you, Coconut!:wave

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_in_Black View Post
    Congrats to our Dutch friends' Orange Team for the win .... well done and totally deserved!
    The Italian Team was a mess yesterday eve...worse than amateurs
    TWolfie, thanks for your support! At least, our beloved Inter won the Italian championship.
    Ah, Buni, but those 'amateurs' were at least an elegant 'mess'

And Brotha!! I had expected you to wear Acqua di Giò in honour of Giovanni Christiaan van Bronckhorst. And despite his Italian name he is Dutch, born in my city and plays for my 'Feyenoord'!

Thanks for the congrats and of course, Twolfie, you just have to support the Italian team. I would not have expected anything else
    Last edited by Riannon; 10th June 2008 at 11:05 AM.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Revlon Fire & Ice for a busy and stressful day, and what looks like a long and sleepless night of work... Well, at least I got one out of four assignments finished today! (started AND finished I might add, haha)

My love of football comes from watching the "Clockwork Orange" teams of Cruyff and Neeskens. As an Arsenal fan Bergkamp will always be my guy. So I am very happy to see this group in orange make a bold statement yesterday.
    Unfortunately for Samples Month I'm choosing an Italian:

Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa

This should be a good one for the continuing heat.

PS: Twolf, I'm also an Inter fan just can't stand the national team so I was glad to see 'em pegged back a bit.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Oh, SMM- you dark horse, you.
    Clockwork is a classic favorite of this Mahler/ Well singing mezzo here in Southie...

Yay, Nederland !
    [ To those who don't know, I was very nearly 'Mevrouw de Jong' , instead of 'Frau Meister', LOL- ]
    I would be living in Groningen now.

I think I'll throw both subtlety, and caution to the winds...
    And wear some vintage Un Lys [SL] today....

Congrats to all !

For the Dutch football team, congrats to Riannon and BrothaG. For the Italian football team, sympathies to LiB and Twolf-by-extension. Afraid I'm too largely ensconced in Little Leage (American kids' local baseball competition) right now to keep up properly. I'm doing well to remind the family not to call it "soccer" in the presence of anyone who really cares about the game.

For today's continued heat, I'm in Hermes Hiris.

Afraid I must disagree with Turin and Sanchez on this one. One star is completely undeserved. It's pale, yes, and starts off astringent, but I find that completely appropriate, especially in warm weather. Very, very nice!

Created by Olivia Giacobetti for Hermes.
    Top notes: Coriander, Carrots, Ambrette
    Middle notes: Neroli, Rose, Orris, Hay
    Base notes: Cedarwood, Almond tree, Vanilla, Honey
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

I am wearing Tea for Two today.

Quote Originally Posted by ComDiva View Post

For today's continued heat, I'm in Hermes Hiris.

Afraid I must disagree with Turin and Sanchez on this one. One star is completely undeserved. It's pale, yes, and starts off astringent, but I find that completely appropriate, especially in warm weather. Very, very nice!
    Oooh I think I need to try it. I've tracked down and sampled some highly rated ones and found a few to add to my wish list. Maybe it is time to try the 1 stars as well. strong feelings negative as well as positive may be a good indicator of an interesting scent.

Blue by Ralph Lauren

Lolita Lempicka • Lolita Lempicka
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Quote Originally Posted by Somerville Metro Man View Post

............can't stand the national team so I was glad to see 'em pegged back a bit.

Congrats and condolences for our Dutch and Italian contingencies respectively!!

Elizabeth, if you're sampling irises and haven't tried Equistrius, lemmme pass along my sample. It's a quiet beauty on me and is going to be an addition to my swelling 'drobe!

From a generous sample from MizTinks - MPG Jardin Blanc. Whoooeee! A girl cannot have too much jasmine and honeysuckle and tuberose. A girl cannot. According to the site "a walk by moonlight in a Mediterranean garden!" - perfect for another hot hot hot, hot hot hot day!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

De Roeschiele (formerly Rothschild)

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Quote Originally Posted by ComDiva View Post
    For the Dutch football team, congrats to Riannon and BrothaG. For the Italian football team, sympathies to LiB and Twolf-by-extension. ... I'm doing well to remind the family not to call it "soccer" in the presence of anyone who really cares about the game.
    Ditto that! Here in the USA (for Major League Soccer) we either root for the New York Red Bulls - Mike Magee is a personal friend - or the Chicago Fire - Chicago being our 'hometown'!

For a gloriously hot and steamy summer day I must get a fix of my beloved A La Nuit! "Death by jasmine" as LT puts it!!!!!!!! IF A LA NUIT BE THE FRAGRANCE OF DEATH ~ SPRITZ ON!
    Last edited by ubuandibeme; 10th June 2008 at 12:57 PM.

Caron Yatagan

Basenotes Plus

Well....my maiden name is "Vanderhorst", so here's to the Dutch team.

SOTD is Serge Luten's Bois de Violet & lots of it, just because I want to feel it floating around me in a haze of scent in this heat.

ComDiva, I absolutely agree with you about Hermes Hiris, it deserves much more than a single star in the LT/TS guide. IMO
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

I'm all rasberry sweetness in Patou For Ever

[quote=Taolady;1238888] A girl cannot have too much jasmine and honeysuckle and tuberose. A girl cannot. /quote]

AMEN to that!!

Blog Entries

Sotd Aqua Allegoria Rosa Magnifica

Need something light 'cause it's HOT HOT HOT here
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_in_Black View Post
    Let me clarify......I think Donadoni is a horrible manager who has taken most of the same players Lippi won the World Cup with and made them look ordinary. As a fan of Calcio I think that's a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Somerville Metro Man View Post
    Let me clarify......I think Donadoni is a horrible manager who has taken most of the same players Lippi won the World Cup with and made them look ordinary. As a fan of Calcio I think that's a crime.
    I see...it's much better this way - also because I wholeheartedly agree. My smilie smiles again.
    Last edited by Lady_in_Black; 10th June 2008 at 02:18 PM.

Heat broke last night with all the thundershowers we had. Much nicer at 23C today. Wearing Narcisse Blanc today -- ladylike, prim and proper.

AC repairs will cost $300, hopefully that is the solution... otherwise a new unit will cost $$$ -- that's a lot of bottles of fumes that I would rather get.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

YSL Paris edp.
    WISHLIST: Tokyo Milk Honey & the Moon, Brooklyn Bunny Lettuce
    "Another way to take up more space is to wear perfume. I really love wearing perfume." ANDY WARHOL
    DETROIT RED WINGS: RULING THE HOCKEY UNIVERSE SINCE 1927

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Last night's news was all about the East Coasters' heat and our upper Midwest floods. Wishing all well.

I'm continuing to alternate between my sample sources, and today's pick is again from the considerate Maisonstinky. It's Ramon Molvizar's Smart Goldskin.

Before I look up the official classification, here's mine: unisex gourmand Oriental. I can wear this, but it doesn't happen to push any of my buttons, cuz I still prefer greens, florals and citrus at this stage. There are little gold flecks suspended in the perfume.

Here's company's lowdown on Smart Goldskin: Unisex - Wearers of Smart Goldskin have the most carefree personality, a more casual luxury and defines them with a new glamour concept. Smart Goldskin's gentle aroma, floral and woody notes surrounds a myriad of fresh 22-karat gold.
    Last edited by Quarry; 10th June 2008 at 06:32 PM.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Go Dutch!

Randomly wearing Dior Addict 2, a "grapefruity floral."
    Sniff and let sniff.

L'atelier Boheme Helianthe for me today.
    A light springy floral with a vanillic floral drydown. Very pretty - though the heat gave it a weird soapy heart. Didn't do that the last time.

Hup Holland! Huge soft spot for the Netherlands after many visits.

Condolences to the Italians. We know they can play better than that.

This question is for bigger soccer fans than I....Why is group C (Netherlands, Romania, Italy, France) considered the "Group of Death"?
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing L'Instant de Guerlain today.
    I'm surrounded by a honey-sweetened magnola powder cloud!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Basenotes Institution

Savile Row (the EdT) by Richard James

"One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Hi...still wearing Aqua Allegoria Figue-Iris, my new summer staple. It's all I have with me right now, and I'm enjoying it. I hope everybody is well and having a great week.

Quote Originally Posted by sakecat22 View Post

This question is for bigger soccer fans than I....Why is group C (Netherlands, Romania, Italy, France) considered the "Group of Death"?
    It is because all four teams are considered to be pretty good. in most groups there are two good teams and two teams that are considered to be less favored. Due to the vagaries of the draw one group ends up with four better than average teams and gets dubbed the "group of death". It makes for great early games but not if you're a supporter of one of the teams as it makes for nail-biting early nights of the tournament.

I have a sample that is perfect for the soccer fan seeking an orange fragrance in the heat - Santa Maria Novella Sicily with mandarin and cypress. Really lovely. This is the last *very* hot day this week, so I'm going to continue in Creed Royal Water, which is working out beautifully for me in the warmer weather. Drinking iced tea and trying to stay cool, have a great day!
    Last edited by beachroses; 10th June 2008 at 05:40 PM.

Kylie Showtime

I packed up most of my perfumes today, but before I put all in the box, I spritzed:

Estee Lauder Pure White Linen

It is not sitting on my skin very well today, and I am not sure why. This seems to be one of those fragrances that needs the exact right conditions and mood to wear it. :P

In my "survival kit", I have:

Shalimar parfum
    Bois de Iles parfum
    AA Mandarine Basilic
    and a few sample vials (I did not pick these carefully so it will be interesting, lol)

Etro Sandalo.
    Coming to terms with the myrrh note. I never used to be able to pick it out until I got some actual myrrh resin. It's weird. Smells hot, deep, woody, nutty, with a strange rubbery undertone.

Bond Little Italy

Paris Point Des Amours YSL, delicious frech and soft on warm days.

Yes, Holland doing well.

I can not post always, strange thing is some days I can post, yesterday I could not after loggin in.

Comme des Garçons Synthetic Series: Tar

On an MPG kick - grâce à Tinks!!

The smoldering Or des Indes....spices and sandalwood under bright hesperedics. Can't wait to go to bed and snuggle into this Eastern dream!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Agree about the whole mess of business going on with the Italian soccer team!

Still smelling some of my morning Alla Scala, polished it of with Krizia Moods for the evening.

Hot and humid here also. Wore Nanadebary Pink today.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Czech & Speake No. 88 Aftershave for the second day, SotE.

This Aftershave struts it's stuff as though it were at least an Edt

Includes smoke, tobacco, bergamot and a backbone of rose thrown in for good measure. Definitely a testosterony scent IMO but a George Sand woman type could easily pull it off and have all the men on her Liszt Chopin at the bit.
    Last edited by kbe; 10th June 2008 at 11:24 PM.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Borneo

What else but Aqua Allegoria Anisia Bella for me today in this 100F sauna!!!!

Finally getting around to posting. I'm wearing Marc Jacobs this evening.

Armani Code Pour Homme
    Gary

Wore Nan green for another atrocious day at work.

Somehow I wanted churchy incense instead, have incense but none have that special scent. Sigh

Pink Sugar
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com