Code of Conduct

Default Recommendations for a teenage n00b with a superiority complex

Content removed.
    Last edited by 001Asoer; 16th January 2010 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Sorry; valuable content, but someone's been harassing me.

Default Re: Recommendations for a teenage n00b with a superiority complex

If you like black tea, a more "simplistic" black tea frag would be Gucci Pour Homme II Next up are CDG2Man and Gucci pour Homme that are both similar and have nice bold incense-y smells. Burberry London is also a great "boozey" frag -- and Terre d'Hermes is a favorite among BNers that to me resembles an orange on an old wooden table. All these can be found and tested at most department stores.

That was an epic post, I think I know more about you then some of your friends.

I'm chinese as well so we might have the same preferences.
    Judging from your post, you want to stand out? Unique, not like the norm? Well, if that's the case, I would suggest the following(all of the fragrances I would suggest I own):

Tom Ford for Men: A subtle unique scent that becomes something special when mixed with your body heat.

Gucci PH2: Good tea+little sweet and a tiny weeny spicy which keeps it from smelling too overly candy like. I really like this one, a very well blended scent that is very consistent.

Bvlgari Aqva: This is probably the best Aquatic I have ever smelt. The dry down is very very addictive IMO and is not too overly citrusy to the state of annoyance.

Hope this helped!
    Charlie

First off, I would like to also like to point out my admiration for that epic post. I assume it was one of those "sit down and have diarrhea of the hands" typing sprints? Anyway, very informative. Much more so than the "Wutup basenoters im 18 i like girls pick out a cologne for me" crap that leaves no impression of how to help.

Anyway,
    May I suggest trying MPG's Ambre Precieux? It is the Rachmaninov Vespers in a bottle- Warm, expansive, rich, deep, long-lasting... get a sample!

(And if you aren't familiar with the Vespers, check out the recording of the Estonian Philharmonic Chamber Choir performing it while you are at it!)

Cheers,
    Joseph
    Last edited by whosyourcaddy05; 8th June 2008 at 12:58 AM.

I'd go for Himalaya - partly because I'm wearing it at the moment and it smells wonderful.
    A

Newbie discovering the wonderful world of perfume

Looking for; http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=210771
    and
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=214089

LOL..another Mensa member I suggest trying Angel A* Men by Thierry Mugler, to me it smells very similiar to MI.

As for Himalaya, try Paco Robanne XS.

Good luck.
    Last edited by silverbullet; 24th May 2008 at 02:32 PM.

I don't think you need a commercial fragrance, just your own scent perhaps x100. Maybe pick up boxing or kendo and not bathe after, just towel off and let the world luxuriate in your personal redolence.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Welcome to Basenotes 001.

Have you mastered the Rach 3 yet?

Estee Lauder Beyond Paradise for Men might be a good try for you. Mixed reviews always make for a love it or leave it frag IMO and one that, on trying, you might find intriguing.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Quote Originally Posted by nikkou View Post
    Maybe pick up boxing or kendo and not bathe after, just towel off and let the world luxuriate in your personal redolence.
    In my experience, that's not a very pleasant fragrance.

When you said Bois Du Portugal smells like incense I completely know what you mean. I'm Chinese and it seems only Chinese people have an good/bad predisposition with this note. We seem to have a similar nose - acier aluminum does smell like urinal cakes, and TM A*Men does smell like lipstick.

One thing though, I didn't think Silver Mountain Water or Himalaya was that good in the beginning, but as time passed, I've gained a liking to them more so than Millesime Imperial (which smells a bit girly).
    Last edited by supracuhz; 24th May 2008 at 06:34 PM.

If you are looking for some sort of "human deletion," I suggest the blackness of Cuba Black. LOL. And you can find it anywhere for a few dollars (online discount perfume stores, that is).
    Last edited by Bigsly; 24th May 2008 at 06:54 PM. Reason: spelling error

Sur la Plage

Is this post for real? How about EGOiste?
    Last edited by petruccijc; 9th June 2008 at 12:21 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Thank you all for your quick replies and thoughtful recommendations. Please keep them coming!

Quote Originally Posted by whosyourcaddy05
    First...boards!)
    Joseph,
    Actually I had all of my impressions of fragrances written beforehand. It's my compilation of notes on what I've sampled. All I had to write was the introduction and the stuff about me. And yes, I understand completely the "yo whut^ my BN homies i need a cheap frag that gets me da ladiez!" crap that I've read while lurking here. One would best recommend pheromones to them so that they can be satisfied attracting the
    Content Removed
    they deserve. (I really like the Rachmaninoff Vespers! I learned the Bass III part of a few movements just for the heck of it. I was disappointed when my university's choral groups chose to sing Monteverdi instead.)

Quote Originally Posted by nikkou
    just towel off and let the world luxuriate in your personal redolence.
    ...I think I smell horrible. If you want to know the details, (reading the next line might make you vomit)

I smell like a salty, sweaty, oily, moldy scrotum of an old man with a centimeter-thick bacteria colony growing on it after he's been asleep in a hot room in the same position for 96 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by kbe
    Have you mastered the Rach 3 yet?
    I've messed around playing little bits. Right now I find Rach 2 more interesting, which I've completed.

Quote Originally Posted by supracuhz
    I didn't...girly).
    I'll give those two more time. Actually I'll continue smelling all the samples I already have. Perhaps I'll find something new.
    Last edited by EnvYuS; 8th June 2008 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet View Post
    In my experience, that's not a very pleasant fragrance.

I'm sure he can take it, he seems like a person who has a highly developed appreciation of his good self.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    How about EGOiste?

A good match in all ways!

To the OP: I'm surprised you're going for Creeds, why not try The Different Company? You can go to Lucky Scent for descriptions of fragrances not easily obtainable in the stores where you are for less easily recognisable scents before scouting for samples. Still try the ones in the stores though, with our individual skin chemistry they can sometimes come out really well. As though they were personally made for you.

-Mother of outspoken, opininated erudite and eloquent 17yr old and 19yr old.

While I do not believe this is true for all A*Men wearers, I have not met one person that uses this EDT that does not feel he is the biggest sh*t of the restroom... perhaps that is one of the reasons for hating the fragrance.

PE Induces nose fatigue very soon, but it has great longevity and stays on your skin for quite a while. It can get overpowering for someone that is at 10 feet from you.

Try some montale fragrances. Those are elegant and confident w/o being pretentious or pompous

Lutens Muscs Koublaï Khän
    This will for sure accomplish to many of the functions you aim for:
    - erasing part of the human gene at least within a km
    - stating your superiority if you really will be able to pull off such a scent
    - Exuding exclusivity without being recognized by the effect "Oh he's wearing a Creed... etc..."
    - Avoiding for sure the girls to like you for your smell

Of course you can get a belly bottle of it only in Paris at Les Salons du Palais Royale in gallerie des Valois

Excellent entry into our little community - Welcome to Basenotes!

May I suggest just a few I-am-wearing-this-and-don't-particularly-care-what-you-think-about-it scents:

Kolnisch Juchten by Parfums Regence
    Parfum d'Habit by MPG
    Yatagan by Caron
    L'Anarchiste by Caron
    Knize Ten by Knize
    (Kouros and Orange Spice too, except they also have a urinal cake note)

A few more that I think you absolutely must try:

'Vintage' Tabarome (Private Collection) by Creed (not Tabarome Millesime)
    Cuir Mauresque by Serge Lutens
    L'Air du Desert Marocain by Andy Tauer
    Czech & Speake No. 88
    Black Aoud by Montale
    Heritage by Guerlain
    Chanel Pour Monsieur by Chanel (not the Concentree generally available here, but the original available outside the USA and online)
    Givenchy Gentleman
    Jaipur Homme by Boucheron
    Jean Marie Farina Extra Vieille by Roger & Gallet

There are many more.....

Last edited by TwoRoads; 26th May 2008 at 02:06 PM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

After reading your post I'd recommend http://www.basenotes.net/ID26124448.html

Everyone loves a little eau de slurry

I must admit right now I didn't have the time to read your whole post but Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet is superiority complex in a bottle.

Looking to swap/buy/receive for free () the following samples/decants:
    Indult Tihota & Rêve en Cuir
    Chant d'Aromes extrait
    Vetiver pour Elle (5ml decant)

Selling/swapping:
    Versace The Dreamer 50ml (1.7oz) BNIB
    ---

"The Sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"
    http://polderposh.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 001Asoer View Post
    One would best recommend pheromones to them so that they can be satisfied attracting the
    Content Removed
    they deserve.
    pheromones are naturally secreted by animals to appeal to possible mates. last i checked humans are animals too. to call women
    Content Removed
    for being attracted to something that exists to attract is just plain ignorant and offensive. i dont know if you mean to be that offensive to women but use your "superiority complex" to brighten up your vocab a bit.
    Last edited by EnvYuS; 8th June 2008 at 05:16 PM.
    Looking for:
    Versace Man eau Fraiche - Please PM me if you have it!

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...r8877/haha.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by reneirwold878 View Post
    pheromones are naturally secreted by animals to appeal to possible mates. last i checked humans are animals too. to call women
    Content Removed
    for being attracted to something that exists to attract is just plain ignorant and offensive. i dont know if you mean to be that offensive to women but use your "superiority complex" to brighten up your vocab a bit.
    You dig deeply into my word usage. Is it fun? Here's another. "God is a pig. Pigs are inefficient. Well, it doesn't matter because I don't like pork anyway."
    It's open to anyone! Give it a shot!

On second thought, I believe you've missed something on your attack. You could have concluded that I said all animals are "Content Removed" (Language). Here's how.
    Given:
    Humans are animals.
    Animals are attracted to pheromones.
    and I imply:
    All that are attracted to pheromones are slutty bitches.
    You may conclude:
    Since all that are attracted to pheromones are slutty bitches, all animals are slutty bitches, and therefore all humans are slutty bitches.

In summary, you could have accused me of saying that all humans are slutty bitches, yet you did not. You limited it to female humans, perhaps to label me as misogynous.

Is that correct?
    Last edited by EnvYuS; 8th June 2008 at 05:16 PM.

...hehe...anyway, thanks again for your recommendations. I've got a lot to try out!

...And what's wrong reneirwold878? Don't want to play anymore? It was you who started playing first. Come on! You can try attacking me again. If it's a good attack then you might get me to like you. If it falls on its face (like your last one) then not only will I dislike you because your first words to me were unfriendly, I will dislike you because you're a lousy attacker!

Let it go man... that is totally not the way to go...

Anyway, have you had a chance to try anything yet?
    Last edited by whosyourcaddy05; 7th June 2008 at 11:41 PM.

It's fun! Well, I find it fun but yes I'll drop it.

I'm sorry to report that I haven't tried anything yet. I've got a lot to do, but I will definitely try most of everyone's recommendations. Thanks again.

I doubt that Renoir was 'attacking' you, I think he was stating that some females on this website might find the terms you used to refer to them pretty offensive. That said, there are alot of girls that I've had drop onto me at nightclubs back in the Polo Blue days.
    Also, if you keep up that attitude I don't think you will go too far at university / college / etc. And yes, as a final year Chemical Engineer I have some idea of what I'm talking about. You can get alot further in this world with the right attitude towards others.
    While I believe there are a tonne of stupid people in this world, I wouldn't dare spout off my personal beliefs, because I know most on this website wouldnt appreciate hearing them.

On topic, despite people saying it as a joke, you might enjoy Egoiste - its got rose, sandalwood and vanilla as prominent notes, and is a very rich, full fragrance.
    Last edited by Anthony87; 9th June 2008 at 02:09 AM.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Stay on Topic and refrain from any more outward attacks or I will lock this thread.

Keep your words from dipping into the obnoxious obscentities that have covered this thread so far. I have let this thread continue without interference but I will certainly lock it if no one is going to follow the most basic postic rules, as well as natural courtesy and respect of other members.

that I've had drop onto me at nightclubs back in the Polo Blue days.
    Hey man, those Polo Blue days don't have to be in the past. 001Asoer, it is a pretty safe frag, although not outstanding, will lend compliments. But it doesn't even have to be about compliments, but yourself as well. Polo Blue is a very likable scent. Not a power scent, so you won't have to worry about the bar-star boys and running into their territory ( Hugo Dark Blue anyone?). I'm not sure how many scents you want to have, but after a while, they do get "old" in the sense you can get bored with them,

Keep us posted on what you've tried and bought

You might try Nasomatto's Duro. It's very masculine, very assertive and very self assured. It is available as a sample at luckyscent.