Code of Conduct

Smile Suggestions for fragrance from Barney's Boston store

I'm going to be making a trip into the Barney's Boston store for the first time this weekend. I understand they do not have all of the fragrances that are shown on the Barney's website. I have relatively dry skin and am looking for something of quality, that will last throughout the day. My tastes favor orientals and aromatics with a presence. Amouage Dia, Jean Patou Prive and the original Giorgio Beverly Hills for Men are among my favorites. I would like to find another in this vein.

Is there anyone familiar with this particular store and their fragrance selection that could make some recommendations of "must-tries"? Any suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks!

Jim

Blog Entries

Default Re: Suggestions for fragrance from Barney's Boston store

As far as I remember, they do carry the whole Frederic Malle line. Do give Musc Ravegeur and Vetiver Extraordinaire a try. Although I'm not a big fan of Serge Luten, but they've got a lot of orientals. Arabie, Chergui and Ambre Sultan come to mind.

Sur la Plage

If they have the Nasomatto line, I would recommend trying them out.

There is also the Serge Lutens, L'Artisan, and Frederic Malle fragrances to sample as well.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 11th June 2008 at 03:39 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

As a frequent visitor of the Boston Barney's here is what they have:
    The Frederic Malle Editions de Perfume line- all of them
    Serge Lutens- all of the export line
    Nasomatto- I think all of them certainly Duro, Absinth and Hindu grass
    Comme des Garcons- alot but not all
    i Profumi di Firenze- a lot of them if not all.
    Carthusia- all of them
    L'artisan- all of them
    Parfums DelRae, Parfums de Rosine.
    No Le Labo only the candles which is the main difference between the web site and the store itself.
    My suggestion for you is to go and work with the SA there. I have personally woked with Roberto and Christina and they are both awesome. If you tell them what you wrote in your post they will pretty expertly guide you through the possible choices.
    They are like basenoters themselves and they are the reason I go back every time.
    Most of all have fun and let us know what you found.
    Last edited by Somerville Metro Man; 11th June 2008 at 04:06 PM.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Quote Originally Posted by iluvscent View Post
    I'm going to be making a trip into the Barney's Boston store for the first time this weekend. I understand they do not have all of the fragrances that are shown on the Barney's website. I have relatively dry skin and am looking for something of quality, that will last throughout the day. My tastes favor orientals and aromatics with a presence. Amouage Dia, Jean Patou Prive and the original Giorgio Beverly Hills for Men are among my favorites. I would like to find another in this vein.

Is there anyone familiar with this particular store and their fragrance selection that could make some recommendations of "must-tries"? Any suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks!

Jim
    There are alot of choices. Since you like Jean Patou Prive I'll stick to must trys:

Duro by Nasomatto

Absinthe by Nasomatto

French Lover/Bois d'Orage by Frederick Malle