Code of Conduct

Default Azzaro - Father's Day beckons

I live in the midwest and pull out any circular from a recent Sunday newspaper and you'll see smiling dad dressed in blue with his happy son all in white abroad a yacht on a journey to Happyland. Of course, I'm describing an ad for Chrome. If you've never seen it, consider yourself lucky (and probably European or Asian). Yeah, let's soak DAD in a soapy mess and pretend that he/we like it. What I can't fathom is why Azzaro pushes Chrome when they have so much to offer, namely Azzaro PH & Visit. I'd even settle for Onyx!

I'm sure wives, sons and daughters across the US would love a break from the SOAP this Father's day and could go for the bold and masculine warmth of Azzaro PH. I can picture it now for 2009 Father's day - DAD in a nice leather chair, a pursed smile grazing his lips and the family gathered around in awe of how great DAD smells this Father's Day. Please make it happen, Azzaro. DADs across this fruited & soapy plain are waiting.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Default Re: Azzaro - Father's Day beckons

I'd love to see it happen, too. But read the sales charts: Chrome is consistently among the top 10 men's fragrances in the US. That's why you see all the magazine/newspaper smelling strips and TV ads for Chrome. Clarins (Azzaro's parent company) simply has to push what sells on a region-by-region basis, and familiarity sells on Father's Day. The same goes for L'Oreal with Acqua di Gio by Armani, Coty with the Calvin Klein scents, P&G with the Lacoste scents, and BPI and Le Male and L'eau d'Issey PH.

Then again, Dirty English is flying off the shelves here... so there is hope for 2009.
    Celebrating 10 years on Basenotes - and smelling better than ever

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."