Code of Conduct

Default Azzaro - Father's Day beckons

I live in the midwest and pull out any circular from a recent Sunday newspaper and you'll see smiling dad dressed in blue with his happy son all in white abroad a yacht on a journey to Happyland. Of course, I'm describing an ad for Chrome. If you've never seen it, consider yourself lucky (and probably European or Asian). Yeah, let's soak DAD in a soapy mess and pretend that he/we like it. What I can't fathom is why Azzaro pushes Chrome when they have so much to offer, namely Azzaro PH & Visit. I'd even settle for Onyx!

I'm sure wives, sons and daughters across the US would love a break from the SOAP this Father's day and could go for the bold and masculine warmth of Azzaro PH. I can picture it now for 2009 Father's day - DAD in a nice leather chair, a pursed smile grazing his lips and the family gathered around in awe of how great DAD smells this Father's Day. Please make it happen, Azzaro. DADs across this fruited & soapy plain are waiting.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Default Re: Azzaro - Father's Day beckons

I'd love to see it happen, too. But read the sales charts: Chrome is consistently among the top 10 men's fragrances in the US. That's why you see all the magazine/newspaper smelling strips and TV ads for Chrome. Clarins (Azzaro's parent company) simply has to push what sells on a region-by-region basis, and familiarity sells on Father's Day. The same goes for L'Oreal with Acqua di Gio by Armani, Coty with the Calvin Klein scents, P&G with the Lacoste scents, and BPI and Le Male and L'eau d'Issey PH.

Then again, Dirty English is flying off the shelves here... so there is hope for 2009.
    Top 5 for Fall:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) New York - Nicolai
    3) Terre d'Hermes
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5)
    Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."