Code of Conduct

Default Aussies - CSP @ Rock Bottom prices at DJs $3 & $5!!!

As a beneficiary of Renato's intelligence on cut price L'Artisan's at the David Jones clearance sale (http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=211151), I feel honour bound to share with you another discovery.

I was at David Jones Chatswood Chase this morning, browsing around passing the time while my mother was visiting a Doctor. Of course, given the cheap L'Artisans I found in the city store, I wandered over to the fine fragrance area to see if they had any at the Chatswood store. They didn't but I did find a whole range of Comptoir Sud Pacifique fragrances on sale. So I had a closer look, then I had to look again. Before I assumed anything I had to ask the Sales Assistant for verification. She nodded and sighed - "we're discontinuing them and have to clear the shelves".

So Aussie Basenoters, fragrances that were upwards of A$100 are being sold for A$3, yes that's right THREE DOLLARS, for 50ml bottles and A$5, yes FIVE DOLLARS, for 100ml bottles.

They had the following in stock:-
    - Vanille Passion
    - Aqua Motu
    - Princesse Mucat
    - Amour de Cacao
    - Eau de Gouvernor

There were only a couple of 100ml bottles after I snaflled three of them, but quite a few 50ml left. I walked away with 8 bottles of CSP for a total of A$36 (about US$34 at the moment). I told the assistant I felt I was robbing her...

So Aussies (and any other Basenoters - the posatge is more than covered by the savings), get going, the store number is + 61 (0)2 9844 4111. Other DJ's may have them but I didn't see any at the Sydney city DJ's when I went shopping for the L'Artisans...

I'll be sleeping out on the street overnight if they ever do a clearance on the Tom Ford Private Blends!!!!
    Last edited by Santemon; 11th June 2008 at 04:37 AM. Reason: added information
    THE BEST OF 2009 to date Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumiere Noire Pour Homme, Cologne Pour Le Soir, Annick Goutal Mandragore Pourpre

REDISCOVERING CLASSICS - AGAIN!:- , Guerlain Derby, L'Artisan Premier Figuier

Default Re: Aussies - CSP @ Rock Bottom prices at DJs $3 & $5!!!

You lucky, lucky man!

Sur la Plage

Those are great prices! The best I have ever seen here are some 50ml bottles for $9.99 USD and sometimes on clearance for $5 USD in discount stores like Marshalls and TJ Maxx. But they are usually not any of the more popular scents. Although I did pick up a bottle of Coco Extreme for my sister and she really loves it.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Thank you so much! Will be calling them first thing tomorrow!

:O:O Now Santemon... you wouldn't be able to get a couple of bottles and sell them to me?

Or does DJ's send them too? Coz never seen CSP in Canberra DJ's

Damn! Why do all the good sales ALWAYS have to happen on the other side of the world
    Enjoy
    A

Newbie discovering the wonderful world of perfume

Looking for; http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=210771
    and
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=214089

Lol!
    I worked with Cosmax/BPI in David Jones Hay Street, and CSP was a part of the Cosmax portfolio.
    They never did sell well to your "average Joe" no matter how hard we pushed them. I suppose it was only a matter of time before they were deleted for their portfolio.

This markdown is a niche collectors DREAM! Enjoy the spoils!!
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 11th June 2008 at 11:48 AM.

Jillsy - PM sent to you.

MLT - yes, some great bargains do come our way, but for most of the time we never get to see, let alone smell some of the more interesting niche and designer scents, and if we do, they are way, way, way overpriced (see a seperate thread about the prices of the Tom Ford Private Blends).

I don't think CSP are the world's greatest scents by any means, but there was no going past them at these prices.
    THE BEST OF 2009 to date Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumiere Noire Pour Homme, Cologne Pour Le Soir, Annick Goutal Mandragore Pourpre

REDISCOVERING CLASSICS - AGAIN!:- , Guerlain Derby, L'Artisan Premier Figuier

Thanks Santemon,
    Between me and someone from Brisbane, we've pretty nearly cleaned them out.
    Renato

Renato - have you done chaddy and Southland ?? as well as Melbourne ?
    I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious. Albert Einstein.

I ordered the last bottles of Aqua Motu and Governour!
    Should be here within next week Happy me!

Wonder if that person from Brisbane was me...

Quote Originally Posted by jasper_244 View Post
    Renato - have you done chaddy and Southland ?? as well as Melbourne ?
    No, I don't get near those two often enough. But I bought a lot of CSP stuff from Southland a year ago when they were turfing them out (I wrote about it here) and some more at the Melbourne store a while later.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by charlielu View Post
    I ordered the last bottles of Aqua Motu and Governour!
    Should be here within next week Happy me!

Wonder if that person from Brisbane was me...
    The woman was confused. She asked me if it was a joke because you apparently sounded like me. She couldn't understand why she got a call from Brisbane, one from Melbourne and one from Canberra within a couple of minutes.

One strange thing about CSP scents. They aren't overly expensive on the internet. But as I was walking around Europe I never saw them in the shops I entered - and they're hard to miss. Till one day I walked into a high end perfume shop in Vicenza and found them - prominently on display between the Lorenzo Villoresi ones and the MPG ones.

Which left me scratching my head.
    Renato

I ordered 2 bottles this arvo She said they only have Amour de Cacao and Vanille Passion left (luckily those were the ones I was after).

The SA on the phone knew of the person in Brisbane but called them a "she" so looks like there's someone else in Brissy buying CSPs as well as Charlielu. Also indicated it was a large amount they bought - the SA claimed not to be sure if she could only send 2 bottles interstate (perhaps trying to get me to buy more?)

Thanks Santemon for the heads up! Now even bigger reason to look forward to mid-late next week (forget exams, I'm getting fumes! ) You and my bf's credit card are my best friends! :P
    Last edited by jillsy; 12th June 2008 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jillsy View Post
    I ordered 2 bottles this arvo She said they only have Amour de Cacao and Vanille Passion left (luckily those were the ones I was after).
    Vanille Passion is one killer scent on a woman.

Amour de Cacao I really like as a women's scent, but oddly enough it's about half and half the women who like it and those that don't like it much at all. Fortunately for me, my wife loves hers. I think men like it more on women, than the women do.

Please be careful how you use these two scents.
    Renato

Called up DJs Perth today but apparently they flogged all their CSP last year
    If anyone could send me a decant of Aqua Motu (im in Perth) Id really appreciate it... Pm me a price, or we could try and arrange a swap!
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576