Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Shopping for a friend and rather clueless.

I have very limited experience with women's perfume, but a friend of mine lost a bottle of the stuff she typically wore (London Glam) and can't find it anywhere. The notes are (apparently) mango, pineapple, orchid, freesia, and jasmine. Un Jardin Sur le Nil came to mind (probably because it's the only Mango scent I know of) and I've got enough of a sample spray left over for her to try out, but what else would fall along those lines?
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Shopping for a friend and rather clueless.

Voluspa Mango Leaf may be a candidate.
    Product description:
    Mango, grenadine and just the right touch of grassy French verbena swirl to create the perfect storm of fresh fruity notes for a lazy afternoon over summer cocktails. Lush notes of mango leaves and tart grenadine are tempered by slightly acidic mango rind and lemony French verbena. This is a fragrance to inhale deeply while you kick off your sandals and watch the world go by. The versatile room and body spray can be used almost anywhere from home linens to directly on the skin.

It's fairly sweet and maybe more fruity than the floral effect she desires. But it's not very costly.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

You can check out the Comptoir Sud Pacifique fragrances, none of them match exactly, but they are tropical scents. Also, Folavril by Annick Goutal has a mango note and white flowers. Another new scent out she might enjoy is Jo Malone Lotus Blossom & Water Lily. Those scents are made to layer and if you go over to the Jo Malone website, you can see a fragrance combining menu for more ideas, maybe the Nectarine would be pretty with it. Un Jardin sur la Nil seems masculine to me, but might also be nice layered with lotus, since it has that note, or other mango products.

Sur la Plage

A co-worker of mine likes Incanto Dreams by Ferragamo. You should be able to find this at Sephora:

Top Notes: Pink Lady Apple, Pineapple, Mango, Blackcurrant
    Middle Notes: Peony, Freesia
    Base Notes: Musk, Sandalwood

I think B&BW may have a Mango related fragrance also.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 16th June 2008 at 01:02 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

L'Artisan Timbuktu is a gorgeous scent that starts out with some Mango then just gets woody and sensual. Great sillage, gets lots of positive comments- one my HGs.

Also 2nd the Anthousa recommendation, a lovely (but can be tough to find depending on where you are...) scent.

Blog Entries

Okay now let's talk non-niche since she's not looking for anything like that. :\
    Twitter - @DanielTharp

Non-niche:

Estee Lauder Pleasures Exotic has a mango note. I like it lots, though it's not extremely long lasting. If I think of anything else I'll post again. I love the scent of juicy mango.

Try and get hold of some Nirmala from the Molinard website. It has fruity mango
    amongst it's notes and is a lush, fruity floral that predates the current ones by at least
    50 years. It is all that Angel tried to be and more. No chocolate notes however.
    Jasmine, fleur das iles, patchouli, woods and those juicy, fruity topnotes.
    Last edited by kewart; 14th June 2008 at 09:38 AM.

Blog Entries

We've got about 3 more days before going smelling so if anyone else has suggestions they'd be appreciated.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp

Blog Entries

Easy to find/non-niche: Armani Mania, Ralph by Ralph Lauren (the blue bottle I think), or Curious by Britney Spears. These are reasonably priced (I often see the last two at TJ Maxx and similar) fruity-florals on a musky base that I think might be similar to London Glam.

However, London Glam is still available on amazon and ebay.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by an_oud_girl View Post
    Easy to find/non-niche: Armani Mania, Ralph by Ralph Lauren (the blue bottle I think), or Curious by Britney Spears. These are reasonably priced (I often see the last two at TJ Maxx and similar) fruity-florals on a musky base that I think might be similar to London Glam.

However, London Glam is still available on amazon and ebay.
    Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    A co-worker of mine likes Incanto Dreams by Ferragamo. You should be able to find this at Sephora:

Top Notes: Pink Lady Apple, Pineapple, Mango, Blackcurrant
    Middle Notes: Peony, Freesia
    Base Notes: Musk, Sandalwood

I think B&BW may have a Mango related fragrance also.
    She picked up the Ralph first and tried it.

"...Wow!"
    "What?"
    "It smells almost exactly like mine!"

But I think she's leaning more towards the Incanto Dream, I rather liked it too. I told her "The guy that recommended this one pretty much always gets it right so one of us is going to like it," so thank you Joe and an_oud_girl.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp