Code of Conduct

Default Would you recomend buying those?

Well, I wanna start my wardrobe since I only have one cologne so far (many samples lol) and since its father's day, Jean coutu has crazy deals on a few frags

Swiss army (100ml) 20$ (the normal or attitude one)
    Drakkar noire (30ml) 20$
    Island voyage (30ml) 20$
    YSL opium ( 100ml) 25$
    Cool water (40ml) 18$
    Jacomo by Jacomo Red (100ml) 20$
    Malizia vetyver uomo (50ml) 10$

I'd really like to be able to do like most of you do, change frag every day so I need to ger more frags
    Would you recommand buying any of those? I was thinking getting swiss army ( I know its pretty popular but by here we dont often smell it and since it wont be my signature scent, I dont care) and cool water. I didnt have the channce to smell the other ones. Do all these work great for summer?

edit: I'm 18 years old if that matters
    Last edited by Tweker; 13th June 2008 at 01:12 AM.

Default Re: Would you recomend buying those?

Opium is great but it can get cloying in summer... maybe it'll work if you only use 1 spray or 2 light sprays max. Jacomo Rouge is great too... not sure about the others

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Sur la Plage

From the ones I am familiar with on your list, I would say Cool Water and Island Voyage would work for summer.

I recommend Opium the most from your list - but will be better to use when the weather turns colder.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I just went to the Jean-Coutu to try the ones I didnt try yet, they didn t have any tester yet (they opened today and I didnt feel going too far) I guess if they dont receive it by saturday I'll do a blind buy :O
    Anyways I ended up trying 3 frags : DG light blue (women), tobacco original and burberry for men (not sure that the name, the juce was yellow and thats what was wrote but it doesnt match the bottle in frag list, it smells kinda sweet)

I love them all! I wish I had the money to buy them

Also, I dont remember what Island voyage smells like, is it alot different then cool water? (If they are similar I'll only buy one)
    Last edited by Tweker; 13th June 2008 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    From the ones I am familiar with on your list, I would say Cool Water and Island Voyage would work for summer.

I recommend Opium the most from your list - but will be better to use when the weather turns colder.

Yep, Get Opium and save for winter or a very cool summer evening. Get Cool Water for now.
    Junk the rest of the list and give us a few more to pick from.

I just wanted to add a few more cheap deals. If you have a London Drugs, Shoppers Drug Mart, Superstore or Walmart nearby. There some good ones down below:

Burberry Brit 30ml
    Thierry Mugler B*Men 50ml
    Polo Black 40ml
    Polo Black Double Black Limited Edition 40ml
    RL Polo Sport 40ml
    YSL Rive Gauche 125ml
    Natucia Competition 100ml

All are 20 dollars or under at the above stores....check out this thread for more info:

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=210471
    Last edited by nsamadi; 13th June 2008 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    I just wanted to add a few more cheap deals. If you have a London Drugs, Shoppers Drug Mart, Superstore or Walmart nearby. There some good ones down below:

Burberry Brit 30ml
    Thierry Mugler B*Men 50ml
    Polo Black 40ml
    Polo Black Double Black Limited Edition 40ml
    RL Polo Sport 40ml
    YSL Rive Gauche 125ml
    Natucia Competition 100ml

All are 20 dollars or under at the above stores....check out this thread for more info:

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=210471
    Perfect, now we can add another - YSL Rive Gauche to the list and junk the rest. Let's help Tweker start with a nice wardrobe.
    Last edited by thebeck; 13th June 2008 at 12:52 AM. Reason: add verbage

Thanks alot for your help guys
    I live in Canada tho... The only store I have here is walmart, maybe they will have ysl - Rive gauche (not sure tho)

so far my to buy list:

Cool water
    Opium (still to try tho if I can)
    Rive Gauche (still to try tho if I can)
    Last edited by Tweker; 13th June 2008 at 01:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tweker View Post
    Thanks alot for your help guys
    I live in Canada tho... The only store I have here is walmart, maybe they will have ysl - Rive gauche (not sure tho)
    Yeah! Wal-Mart at least west coast here in Canada stocks the 125ml Rive Gauche for 20 bucks. I'm quite surprised you don't have a Shoppers, I thought they existed in Montreal, but I guess not.

Anyways, Good Luck!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    Yeah! Wal-Mart at least west coast here in Canada stocks the 125ml Rive Gauche for 20 bucks. I'm quite surprised you don't have a Shoppers, I thought they existed in Montreal, but I guess not.

Anyways, Good Luck!!!
    In Quebec, shops can't have English name or they have huge fine to pay until they change the name, since huge shops like these don't want to use a new name, they dont come to Quebec. Take for exemple Red lobster: there is no more red lobster here since they have to channge name.
    Last edited by Tweker; 13th June 2008 at 01:48 AM.

I went to walmart for rive-gauche, they had no samples... then I asked to the girl if there was one hidden somewhere or I dont know, she said ''no... but is that for you? That cologne is for people 60 years old...'' Is it true it would match a 18 year old at all or?

I went to walmart for rive-gauche, they had no samples... then I asked to the girl if there was one hidden somewhere or I dont know, she said ''no... but is that for you? That cologne is for people 60 years old...''
    Another stupid comment from an SA Maybe it's just me, but Rive Gauche I won't link to age. To me it's more for someone with refined taste (or smell )...and that can be at ANY age. Try it and decide for yourself and let the SA dust the shelves.

I'd also recommend Opium PH. Test it if you can. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by jellybean1973 View Post
    Another stupid comment from an SA Maybe it's just me, but Rive Gauche I won't link to age. To me it's more for someone with refined taste (or smell )...and that can be at ANY age. Try it and decide for yourself and let the SA dust the shelves.

Well while being there, I got Opium, cool water and (kinda ashamed of saying it since you all hate it) swiss army.

Well while being there, I got Opium, cool water and (kinda ashamed of saying it since you all hate it) swiss army.
    Don't be ashamed to like Swiss Army. If you like it, that's all that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by jellybean1973 View Post

Now that I think of it... its the second time I get false information like that from a SA... the reason probably being they only smelled the top notes on a piece of paper....

Also, when you say Opium PH.... does PH mean pour homme? just wanna make sure. If so, well I bought it! At first I didnt like the opening notes at all.. but when it started to dry wow I felt in love.
    Last edited by Tweker; 14th June 2008 at 04:21 AM.

I'm 20 and I wear Rive Gauche quite often. It works well on younger guys, especially for more important events. Ive worn it to 3 job interviews (very lightly though) and they all went very well; its a good confidence booster. My girlfriend also likes it alot
    I dont trust young female SAs (unless those are the type of girls your trying to impress) unless they actually know what they are doing - trying to sell me Polo Explorer as something "woody with lots of Vetiver" (what I asked for) is a bad first move!
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Swiss army (100ml) 20$ (the normal or attitude one) - I don't like the greener Attitude as much, but Swiss Army has always grabbed me, an excellent fresh fougere, not that good for cold weather though.

Drakkar noire (30ml) 20$ - Much loved in the whole world, except for the USA, where they overdosed on it two decades ago and are still getting over it.

YSL opium ( 100ml) 25$ - Excellent spicy oriental, good for going out.

Cool water (40ml) 18$ - A classic, but not that great for cold weather.

Jacomo by Jacomo Red (100ml) 20$ - Excellent musky oriental.

Malizia vetyver uomo (50ml) 10$ - Italy's equivalent to Brut, and an okay vetiver scent.

Renato

I went to walmart for rive-gauche, they had no samples... then I asked to the girl if there was one hidden somewhere or I dont know, she said ''no... but is that for you? That cologne is for people 60 years old...'' Is it true it would match a 18 year old at all or?
    Bonjour ! Don't listen to her ( the SA at walmart). And I'm sure there are plenty of shops where you live.If your in La Belle Province, I'm sure you will have Fragrance shops.

Shoppers = PharmaPrix

Oh, you should check out the discount store across from the Bay on Ste. Catherine. I have dropped by a few times and they have some pretty good prices for a B+M store. I think you can also negotiate with them to drop the prices a bit more.

Wink Re: Would you recomend buying those?

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    Don't be ashamed to like Swiss Army. If you like it, that's all that counts.
    Wow.

Yea, agreed.

Anyway, since you got three. Now would be a great time to start ordering samples (check with fellow basenoters) and see what you really like. Go on a journey to find that "one true scent" that is a holy grail to you. It's fun. I wish I had started earlier before building a wardrobe up of scents that I no longer want to hold on to anymore.

Don't repeat the same mistake.