Code of Conduct

Default Le Male cheap alternative... 360 White? or Cuba Gold? Which one is better?

I´m looking for a cheap alternative to JPG Le Male... and I read about P.E. 360 White and Cuba Gold as the best alternatives... but... which one to choose?

Which one lasts longer? Which one is more similar? Which one has more sillage?

Thanks in advance!!!

Default Re: Le Male cheap alternative... 360 White? or Cuba Gold? Which one is better?

PE smells exactly like Le Male. As for longevity, I cannot say. I would pay the extra money though, and get JPG. It lasts for 12 hours on me easy...

Default Re: Le Male cheap alternative... 360 White? or Cuba Gold? Which one is better?

I don't know what Le Male smells like but I can vouch that PE 360 White lasts for 5 hours on me.

Cuba Gold lasts at least 5 hours on me, and it is very similar to LM. I haven't tried 360, so I can't comment on it. I suggest you read the BN reviews on CG to get a better idea.

Perhaps my memory is a bit missguided by the name, but I kind of remmeber that PE 360 is a bit more powdery than Cuba Gold. I think it smell slightly better than Cuba gold at the end of its shorter life
    Last edited by irish; 13th June 2008 at 04:44 AM.

I've only tried a small spray of Cuba Gold on my hand, but I own 360 White and have sampled Le Male on many occasions. I like 360 White the best- it's not as brash as the other two, and for me, just seems better balanced than Le Male.

Britto Man smells more like JPG Le Male than either 360 White or Cuba Gold ... IMHO. And it can be had for about 1/3 of the price of Le Male.

The thing with le Male is that, even though it might cost more, because of the output and longevity you'll only use half as much with each wearing
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Jacomo rouge smells like Le Male and the price its good, too but doesnt last to long

Why don't you go for an ambery, spicy and sweet attar ?
    Some of the arabic perfumes are wonderful.
    L'amour fait songer, vivre et croire. Il a, pour réchauffer le coeur, un rayon de plus que la gloire; et ce rayon, c'est le bonheur. (Victor HUGO)

If you are a United States resident or have a Anchor Blue store near you, their "Azul" for men is a dead ringer for Le Male. It only costs $19.50 for a 4 oz. bottle and has excellent projection and longevity:

http://www.anchorblue.com/store/sing...n&styleId=1500

When I first wore it the ladies at work would compliment me and say "oh, I bet you're wearing Le male!"

Last edited by atrac; 17th June 2008 at 09:25 PM.

Blog Entries

There is a knock-off of Le Male available by the name of "Blue"- atleast in NYC. Its a pretty close copy. It does have a strong alcohol smell, however. But for $15 for a 125ml bottle, it might be a good cheap thrill for some.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

I thought 360 or atleast the top notes smells like burberry touch alot more. I don't see a strong resemblence between 360 and le Male.

You could also go for the summer le males. They are substantially cheaper.

Banned
    Blog Entries

360 white without a doubt

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    I would pay the extra money though, and get JPG.
    Absolutely.