Code of Conduct

Default Does anyone here know Lou Lou by Cacharel?

I'd like to know what the current version of Lou Lou smells like.

Many years ago - like 20! - a guy purchased a bottle of this for me. I wore it for a year or so and then never replaced the bottle.

Do any of you know how the current version is? Can you compare it with the older?

Does it remind you of a more current or recent scent?

Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Does anyone here know Lou Lou by Cacharel?

Loulou is a very heady, long-lasting floriental with notes of jasmine, orange blossom, mimosa,
    ylangylang, iris, tiare, vanilla, tonks, incense and sandalwood.
    It is a love or hate scent judging from the reviews here! Some think it is an "old-lady"
    scent whilst others see it as suitable for the very young only. I smelled it on a close
    friend recently and she wore it very well (she is in her 50's) - on her it was a subtle skin scent.
    On others (who I suspect have over-applied!) it can be over-powering and nausea inducing.
    I don't think it has been reformulated.
    I can't think of another scent that is anything like it to be honest. It's one on it's own!
    It has the power of Opium maybe.
    The bottle is rather bizarre, although I suspect ir protects the scent from the light well.

Post Thanks / Like

The power of Opium? Wow! My mother is "borrowing" my bottle of Opium - claiming none of her fragrances last long enough (which is to be expected given they are mostly inoffensive fruity florals).

So I think I should be looking into this one....

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

I own a mini (EdP) and it is STRAWNG, one or two drops is all I need.

Love it.

To me, it smells 'dusty', which I love.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Dusty - you mean dry? Like Dune?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I own a mini (EdP) and it is STRAWNG, one or two drops is all I need.

Love it.

To me, it smells 'dusty', which I love.
    Yes dusty, powderful flowerly is what I remember, but can not compare to any.
    I had it too 20 years ago, a Mini and is empty, so I liked it but never got the bottle. I liked Anais anais more. But it is nice and strong.

I like Lou Lou better on myself that Anais Anais. And I associate Anais Anais with my 20 something daughter, because she has worn it off and on since she was in her teens. It is strong and long-lasting, which is good for me because I have that terribly dry skin that eats scent.
    It is powdery-dry, too, now that you mention it, that is the perfect description.
    Come play with us (click on the Basenotes link) http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=195893

You know how they say scent memories are among the most heightened? Well, it's strange, but I have very little memory of what Lou Lou smells like. It's interesting how many of you mention that it's dry. Perhaps I should revisit this.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Dusty - like the underside of your bed when you stoop underneath your bed to find something that rolled underneath. That sweet, dusty quality that certain fragrances attain (Shalimar is a classic example of this) is incorporated into Lou Lou.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 14th June 2008 at 05:11 AM.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Post Thanks / Like

Lou Lou brings back memories of my late 80's clubbing days ! Recently my local discount Chemist had it on special, but, even though I loved it way back then, I wasn't tempted to even try it 'again'. For some reason, I don't think its me anymore ( now 43, mum of 6, and far from a Night Clubber, lol ! ). It's funny there seems to be some renewed interest in it at the moment, so I will have to have a sample spritz next time I see a bottle, and see how I feel about it now !!