Code of Conduct

Default Caravelle Epice from Frapin, anyone?

The spicy ship. The Scented Salamnder made a really nice review here :
    http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scenteds...velle_epi.html
    One of the latest scents that made a really good impression on me.
    This is a really spicy fragrance (duh!...). A bit less than Villoresi's Spezie, but it comes close. Same type of fragrance, so you have to be a lover of a bit spice in scents.
    Very smooth, and warm. I can't wait to wear this in winter.It's an edp so this stuff has good longevity.The best part of the scent is the drydown, but you have to be patient for this, cause it takes a few hrs to get there. Has anyone else experienced this fragrance?
    Last edited by eric; 13th June 2008 at 10:10 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Caravelle Epice from Frapin, anyone?

I had a similar experience as you. This one really hit me in my scent sweet spot. You are correct when you say its good in cooler weather but I've also found it to be good in warmer weather too.
    I also found the longevity to be above average and I also am entranced by the drydown.
    I think this is a hidden gem from a company not on many radar screens.
    If it wasn't for another Basenoter wearing it I never would've found it and that's oneof the reasons I love being here.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Thanks for your reply on this one. Warmer weather huh, have to try that ,one time.

On a side note, I sampled the Passion Boisee too. Woods and smoke.Really nice.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't imagine even approaching a bottle in Summer...this fragrance has cooler weather written all over it.

Your Spezie reference surprises me eric...I dont' remember CE being that herbal. It seemed really woody and slightly boozy (ala Courvoisier Pour Homme). The best in the line, IMO.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 13th June 2008 at 09:11 PM.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I can't imagine even approaching a bottle in Summer...this fragrance has cooler weather written all over it.

Your Spezie reference surprises me eric...I dont' remember CE being that herbal. It seemed really woody and slightly boozy (ala Courvoisier Pour Homme). The best in the line, IMO.
    Mike,you were totally right. I dug out my Spezie sample and retried it. Spezie is indeed more herbal . Somehow my mind connected the spicy smell with Villoresi's one, from what I remembered. The Caravelle is more boozy, ambery, spice.

I stand corrected

Post Thanks / Like

The scent is clearly well-constructed using decent ingredients, I'll say, but for some strange reason I get an association with (charred) chicken korma when I smell it.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just re-trying my sample of this one. It is indeed quite boozy. It reminds me somewhat of Ambre Russe but with more spices.

Post Thanks / Like

Reading this thread this morning made me decide to break out my sample of Caravelle Epice. 2 hrs in and I'm really liking it. Spicy, woody with amber to round things out without making it too sweet. This is really nice and it seems to work in warmer weather (which where I live is mid 70's.)
    Last edited by surreality; 2nd August 2008 at 06:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

initially I wasn't crazy about these but I might have to reinvestigate..