Code of Conduct

Anyone have some advise for me. I am trying new colognes all the time. In my 20s it was Cool Water and I got a ton of compliments but I grew past it. I actually prefer Fall/Winter type colognes and right now I own Burberry London, Verscace Dreamer, Michael and Corduroy.

My Summer type colognes are Acqua di Gio, Versace Man and Dolce & Gabanna Light Blue. I'm probably in the minority but AdG smells pretty synthetic on me. Versace Man is incredible on me but loses power quick and D&G Light Blue is in between and smells good but I don't notice it much after the first hour or so.

A quick note..Armani Mania was a signature of mine for awhile and I love it but I am out and I really like changing things up. I tried Versace Blue Jeans at the store and though it dried nicely I was disappointed in it.

Any recommendations?

TC
    Last edited by ToughCool; 13th June 2008 at 09:47 PM.

Default Re: Longest Lasting Warm Weather Cologne

Tauer - L'Air du Desert Marocain or Nina Ricci Signoricci.
    Last edited by silverbullet; 13th June 2008 at 07:31 PM.
    "There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation." HERBERT SPENCER

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet View Post
    Tauer - L'Air du Desert Marocain or Nina Ricci Signoricci.
    Thanks, I appreciate the help. I'll check them out.

I'm probably in the minority but AdG smells pretty synthetic on me
    I'm part of that minority as well

Basenotes Institution

Terre de Hermes by Hermes
    Silver Mountain Water by Creed
    Vetiver by Guerlain
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Romeo Gigli Man (Profumi) and Romeo Gigli per Uomo. The first is citrus with a delicious twist, the second is stronger (slightly herbal, woody and resinous) and I love the bottle! On skin the scent fades in and out through the day, more obvious on cloth.

Sur la Plage

Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta or Intensa

The results of all of these fragrances will vary depending on your skin/chemistry.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 13th June 2008 at 11:59 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I think AdP Colonia Assoluta lasts a long time. It lasts longer than my other summer time fragrances.

I really appreciate everyone suggestions. I'm on Fragrance X and Perfume Emporium alot so maybe I'll have to sample some to see how it is with my skin. Again, thanks.
    Last edited by ToughCool; 15th June 2008 at 04:42 PM.

Live Jazz
    Terre D Hermes
    Kouros Fraicheur (great in the heat)

.................................................. ...................I'm gonna memorize your name.. and then i'm gonna throw my head away!!........:bounce:.............

Another one for Terre D'Hermes...

Try Gucci Pour Homme 2 if you're like me and you prefer orientals/cold weather scents, but need a scent for the summer

Geir is an EdP so it's definitely got some lasting power. Smells amazing too.
    ♦Wishlist♦

Nasomatto - Silver Musk
    Prada - Prada Man/Amber Pour Homme
    Tom Ford - Oud Wood

A L'Artisan Cap (old or new style)

Clothing + Goodies for sale!

The one perfume whose lasting power highly surprised me is Marc Jacobs Blush Intense.
    Might be a bit *young*, but very pretty and flowery, with a green note to spike it up nonetheless. Lasted for about 24 hours and two showers on me.

another vote for Terre d'Hermes and Live Jazz

Basenotes Plus

I agree on Terre d'Hermes and Romeo Gigli Man, although the last is not very long lasting on me. I also think that the new Allure Homme Edition Blanche is very nice for the summer and quite long lasting.
    I love cologne.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    Another one for Terre D'Hermes...

Try Gucci Pour Homme 2 if you're like me and you prefer orientals/cold weather scents, but need a scent for the summer
    Actually this is one of my faves and I love the way it smells on me from the store. I thought it might be a little much for now but maybe I'm wrong. Thanks. I might try it.