Code of Conduct

Default Similar, yet different, to D&G pH?

Well I've found myself infatuated with D&G pH lately, I wear it every 2nd or 3rd day and quite often the days I don't wear it, I wish I did! Its still a toss up between this and Bvlgari Aqua as my favorite, but due to it being winter in Perth, D&G is getting alot more wear. Anyways...

Is there anything that anyone knows of thats similar to D&G. but different enough to warrant a purchase? I know Versace's the Dreamer is sort-of similar, and there are certain stages of le Male that remind me of D&G, but has anyone got any other suggestions of stuff worth trying if I love D&G ph?

Also, for anyone else that also owns D&G, is your sprayer a bit dodgy too? Mine sort of 'puffs' out rather than sprays like, for instance, le Male, and the cap doesn't seem yo go down very far.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Default Re: Similar, yet different, to D&G pH?

I would recommend you trying "Gucci Pour Homme 2" and "YSL L'homme". Also if Le Male is reminiscent of DGPH, you should try "The Dreamer" by Versace, which is DGPH went bitter!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony87 View Post

Also, for anyone else that also owns D&G, is your sprayer a bit dodgy too? Mine sort of 'puffs' out rather than sprays like, for instance, le Male, and the cap doesn't seem yo go down very far.
    My 4.2 oz. bottle is the same, and that's probably a good thing since D&G PH is a deceptively strong fragrance.

The Dreamer is a darker, more complex cousin of D&G Homme...i own and enjoy both.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Although it might be a little *too* similar, try Ocean Pacific's "OP Blend."

I own it and it reminds me a lot of D&G. It should also be pretty inexpensive if you can find it. It may be discontinued though.
    Last edited by atrac; 14th June 2008 at 06:51 AM.

Closest i have ever come across is Police (original)

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26121304.html

Very cheap to purchase too!
    Last edited by deck89; 14th June 2008 at 10:17 AM.

.................................................. ...................I'm gonna memorize your name.. and then i'm gonna throw my head away!!........:bounce:.............

L'Homme smelt like Joop! Jump to me, and Gucci pour Homme II smells like nearly nothing :P Will give The Dreamer another shot next time I'm out.

Le Male similar to D&GPH? Do I miss something? They are by NO means similar, man. Le Male is waaaay more sweet than D&GPH, I don't think they can be called similar. Anyways, I have read before that Guerlain Vetiver has a prominent tobacco note so give this a try too.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.valchev View Post
    Le Male similar to D&GPH? Do I miss something? They are by NO means similar, man. Le Male is waaaay more sweet than D&GPH, I don't think they can be called similar. Anyways, I have read before that Guerlain Vetiver has a prominent tobacco note so give this a try too.
    I agree that overall they are very different, however the sillage I had coming from a shirt left on the floor with le Male on it was similar to D&Gs drydown.

Blog Entries

i used to like Dolce And Gabbana PH back when i was in medical school a few years ago........but i kind of outgrew it, and especially when i moved to NYC and would smell every dodgy subway passenger wearing it.....it was just a little too common.

every sprayer i ever had of Dolce and Gabbana was crappy, i think they just use a cheap bottle to put this in.....one of them came out crooked. ha.

dunno of any scents that smell like it though....

Quote Originally Posted by deck89 View Post
    Closest i have ever come across is Police (original)

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26121304.html

Very cheap to purchase too!
    Police Original is worth checking out Anthony, it sells for A$40 in various chemists at the moment. But then again nothing has ever grabbed me as being that close to D&G Homme, no matter how many similar components are in it.
    Renato