Code of Conduct

Default Fragrance for my 16-year-old brother

Hi all,

I wanna buy a cologne for my brother but I am really confused because I cannot go to a shop and smell different fragrances so I will have to order online (I am basically away from civilization for 3 months.) In the past I bought him Higher Energy by Dior and he loved it. Then I bought him Dreamer by Versace and he hated it. Let me tell you a little bit about his personality: he loves hip-hop and he and his friends try to record hip-hop songs with his friends; he does not care a lot about school but is very smart (my parents are profs.) He tries a lot to get with girls but is not very successful; he still had a couple of girlfriends. I don't know if you could help me from this description, but if you have any suggestions, please help me!

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fragrance for my 16-year-old brother

Sounds like a recent, hip, release targeted at young men might be the way to go, rather than a classic. So I plugged Higher Energy into one of Michael Edwards' fragrance finders and on a search for releases from 2007 and 2008, his program suggested Curve Kicks for Men by Liz Claiborne, GMV Man by Gian Marco Venuti and Narciso Rodriguez for Him. Of these, I thought Curve Kicks sounded the best bet and it comes in a funky bottle.

Davidoff Adventure might be another possible of recent releases. Not sure if he is into surfwear but the hip brand Oxbow just release a pair of fragrances and Oxbow Essence de Surf Man might be up his alley too. Lastly, I'd also look at Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche and DSquared2 He Wood. Good luck and I am sure there will be many more suggestions to come from fellow Basenoters.
    Last edited by Santemon; 14th June 2008 at 05:18 AM.
    THE BEST OF 2009 to date Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumiere Noire Pour Homme, Cologne Pour Le Soir, Annick Goutal Mandragore Pourpre

REDISCOVERING CLASSICS - AGAIN!:- , Guerlain Derby, L'Artisan Premier Figuier

Unforgivable by Sean John- I've personally never smelled it but it's from p.diddy's (hip hop artist) sean john brand and might be worth a try.
    A teen-anger myself I'd also suggest a YSL like Rive Gauche or Body Kouros which aren't carried in many shops around here but easy to find online. these are both total lady-killers in my experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
    I'd also suggest a YSL like Rive Gauche or Body Kouros which aren't carried in many shops around here but easy to find online. these are both total lady-killers in my experience.
    Second the Body Kouros... great stuff! [I'm a teen too]

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Diesel Fuel for Life for Him
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

he needs something young, direct, uncomplicated, and strong.

i say Fahrenheit. OR Issey Bleu.

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

Issey Miyake L'eau d'Issey pour Homme.
    Lolita Lempicka au Masculin.
    Chanel Allure Homme Blanche...

all winners imo.

Post Thanks / Like

I second Unforgivable/its variants.

I too want to try Allure Homme Edition Blanche... so enticing.