Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Multiple Choice: What are your favorite Aramis men's fragrances?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aramis

37 42.53%
  • Aramis 900

21 24.14%
  • Aramis Always Him

1 1.15%
  • Aramis Bermuda Tonic

6 6.90%
  • Aramis Classic Reserve

4 4.60%
  • Aramis Cool

3 3.45%
  • Aramis Cracked Ice Cologne

2 2.30%
  • Aramis Gold

3 3.45%
  • Aramis Ice

3 3.45%
  • Aramis Life

3 3.45%
  • Chromatics

0 0%
  • Devin

15 17.24%
  • Havana

29 33.33%
  • Havana Reserva

11 12.64%
  • JHL

22 25.29%
  • New West for Him

9 10.34%
  • Portos

3 3.45%
  • Surface Skin Tonic

7 8.05%
  • Tuscany/Etruscan

31 35.63%
  • Tuscany per Uomo Forte

18 20.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Default Choose Several - What are your favorite Aramis men's fragrances?

THIS IS A MULTIPLE CHOICE POLL - VOTE FOR 1 OR ALL 20.

YOU CAN ONLY VOTE ONCE, BUT WHEN YOU DO - YOU CAN VOTE FOR AS MANY AS YOU LIKE!

Recently, in a thread on 'your favorite non-niche brand', I was reminded of the inroads Aramis has made into my collection.

I have made almost a complete turnaround on this house - from initially avoiding Aramis at all costs, then accepting one fragrance, then two - to the point where, now, I am looking for additional Aramis fragrances to embrace.

Polls are limited to 20 choices. The only fragrance I knowingly left off was Aramis Life My Summer. If that is one of your favorites or if there is another that I completely forgot about, please post a reply.

What are your favorites?
    Which ones should I seek out?
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 14th June 2008 at 07:37 PM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Default Re: Choose Several - What are your favorite Aramis men's fragrances?

Havana / Havana Reserva are my favs. I tried and didn't care for Aramis, Tuscany, & JHL, though JHL will require more sampling. I would love to try Surface, Bermuda Tonic, & Tuscany per Uomo Forte...
    Last edited by KMF; 14th June 2008 at 07:44 PM.

Basenotes Institution

I always have a special place in my heart for Devin and New West.

You guys who like melon in their scents should really try New West for Her also.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Post Re: Choose Several - What are your favorite Aramis men's fragrances?

JHL, got my vote. One of the best dry downs, I have ever experienced.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

Surface got my vote, Still one of my favorites. I also voted for Burmuda Tonic although its almost a bad Fruit Loops smell.

THE Aramis for me. I'd add a vote for JHL too, but decided not to because I wanted to suggest greater grandeur for the original by voting for nothing else.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Im with DustB... "Aramis" is probably my preferred Aramis scent.
    My introduction to the line was in 1994 when I bought the pre-electric shave lotion, purely and simply because there were no others on the market at the time. From time to time I like to revisit the splash.

When I looked at the Aramis list I was reminded of how many I liked and owned in the past.

For now, Aramis is - Been there done that for me. I've moved on. Don't get me wrong, many are still good and worth wearing, I just lost interest.

Excellent thread, Two Roads. Aramis was my first and still among my favorites. Aramis and Azzaro PH were pretty much all I wore in the 80s. I hope to add the Classic Reserve to my collection soon. I was looking for it today, but failed to locate it. A very helpful SA offered call me on Monday to let me know who carries the limited edition version.

Original Aramis and Aramis Forte are my favs, mostly because the original introduced me to my scentological hobby.
    Green Dragon

Aliquando et insanire iucundum est.

I'm glad to be the first to pick Aramis Ice and the 2nd to pick Aramis Cool...

the sad thing about Aramis line is, that many of its fragrances have not been tried by the majority which is voting now.....for example, i am sure i would vote for Havana but i havent smelled it yet and have had trouble getting a hold of it anywhere.

back to Aramis Ice.....simply put as good and strong of a summer fragrance as it gets.......the mint is fighting the citrus for the supremacy and eventually overwhelms it.....yet without that annoying mint after taste.....you will not walk a block with this one on without someone asking you "what is that amazing smell?"......icyness personified.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

JHL by a mile.

Off-Scenter

Devin was teh first scent I ever owned, and I still have a soft spot for the stuff. Havana is the Aramis product I wear most often now, and I very much miss Tuscany per Uomo Forte. Aramis has a knack for discontinuing its best products.

Would someone PLEEEEEAAAASSSSSEEEEE give us a review of Aramis Classic Reserve!

For me, in order of preference, JHL, 900, Havana Reserva (and this only from memory a long time ago), and the original Aramis.

Voted for BermudaT (my favorite) , Tuscany (2nd Favorite), TForte, Ice and Cracked Ice.

Sur la Plage

I have always liked Aramis, Havana, Tuscany, JHL, and New West.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I don't know what it is, but I've never gotten what so many of you guys see/smell in Havana. Truth be told, I haven't worn it for a day, I've only sniffed a left over tester at a friend's scent shop that he was closing, but, please forgive me, I got nothing but something that seemed ordinary.

I'm a tobacco fragrance lover too--give me Quarum or give me death--but just what is the deal with Havana? I've read it compared to Montana PH red box, which I have and like, but I know I'd pick the Montana over it every day, and Halston Z-14 too, which I think is similar to Montana. Not to lose my point by mentioning comparisons to those other scents, but simply don't get the magic of Havana. Can't even think of voting for it here.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Blog Entries

Paul,
    Here is my order of preference. I don't even know all of them, and I thought this is my favorite house!

JHL, Devin, Aramis Original, Portos, Tuscany Uomo Forte, Bermuda Tonic (gotta try this cheapie if you are looking for something for summer with lots of character!) , 900, Classic Reserve, New West, Havana (don't know what all the hype is about honestly), Havana Reserva, Tuscany Uomo

Blog Entries

Joe,
    Its an interesting scent, however I would prefer Aramis Original. Add a bit of citrus and a tarty smell to the Original, and you get this. I believe they have tried to formulate it in a way that might appeal to the younger crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Frances View Post
    Would someone PLEEEEEAAAASSSSSEEEEE give us a review of Aramis Classic Reserve!

I've been wondering something for a while, maybe you guys can clue me in. I read The Three Musketeers a while back, and Aramis and Porthos are the names of two of the three. Surely this couldn't be chance? Was a marketing gimmick, or was there some story behind it or something?

Blog Entries

Has anybody tried Aramis Crest Edition? When was it introduced, and has it been discontinued? I checked with Macy's, and they don't seem to know about it. I am getting it at a reasonable price for a discontinued item, if it has been discontinued. Just wanted to find out if anybody has smelled it, and what they thought about it.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Blog Entries

Anyone? ANYONE? Not even 300+ bottle freaks? Help me out here! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by mudassir View Post
    Has anybody tried Aramis Crest Edition? When was it introduced, and has it been discontinued? I checked with Macy's, and they don't seem to know about it. I am getting it at a reasonable price for a discontinued item, if it has been discontinued. Just wanted to find out if anybody has smelled it, and what they thought about it.

I googled it when I first saw your post. I found nothing except references to Polo Crest.

Do you have a picture or a website to point us to?
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

If anyone cares to join me, tomorrow I am starting on a week of Amaris fragrances.

First up will be the classic Aramis

Blog Entries

Paul,
    Here is a picture I found:

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    I googled it when I first saw your post. I found nothing except references to Polo Crest.

Do you have a picture or a website to point us to?
    Last edited by Mudassir; 20th June 2008 at 03:18 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vibert View Post
    Devin was teh first scent I ever owned, and I still have a soft spot for the stuff.
    Devin was my third, I think. I just bought a bottle, too. This is a great thread for me, because I really want to see where Aramis has gone in the intervening years.

Mudassir - thanks for getting the picture up there.
    Last edited by Redneck Perfumisto; 20th June 2008 at 03:20 PM. Reason: referred post was corrected

Scentedmonkey carries a fragrance called Aramis "A" Series.

The bottle looks different and doesn't display the 'crest' but it does have the "A" in the name. Could it be the new version of Crest?

Last edited by TwoRoads; 20th June 2008 at 06:09 PM.

Sur la Plage

Paul,
    Here is a picture I found:

I just saw this last week at an outlet store. It smelled like regular old Aramis to me - just in a fancy box and bottle.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread