Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Question Roger and Gallet - Discontinued Fragrances

I received an e-mail from LONDONS Bathecary (shoplondon.com) saying that Roger and Gallet was discontinuing some of their line, including 10 fragrances. Is this true? Seems like some big cuts - not sure what exactly would be left in their line, or if they would be introducing some new fragrances.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roger & Gallet, Paris was sold to a new owner and they have decided to make quite a few changes.

Bouquet Imperial, Vetyver, Open, Petit Doux Nature, Pavot d'Argent, White Reseda, Cologne, Eau Pour Soi, L'Homme and L'Homme Essential have been discontinued. The Lip Aide has also been discontinued.

Additionally, R&G is discontinuing the 150g/5.2 oz soap in the Box/3 and the Travel Case. Note: R&G will still make their famous round soaps in the 100g/3.5 oz size - both in the Box/3 and the Travel Case.

All the 400ml, 500ml and 1000ml size colognes are discontinued. R&G will only make the fragrance sprays in a 100ml and a 200ml size. All cologne splashes are discontinued.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Roger and Gallet - Discontinued Fragrances

That's really too bad! Bouquet Impérial is really a very good EdC and one of my favorites in the line.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cćlum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeB View Post
    That's really too bad! Bouquet Impérial is really a very good EdC and one of my favorites in the line.
    Yes Jaime, I agree.

It's a shame - I think they make some very good fragrances. But as we all know, these things happen when companies are sold.....
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

That's too bad, I use a lot of the R&G's frags regularly, i have a huge bottle of BI and that's the use i use the least but i love it and sniff it from time to time...
    It's strange that vetyver is getting the boot, it's one of the freshest veiver frags out there, i guess not a lot of people buy it...

Open is a great scent, has a great character to it. May have to stock up.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

FWIW, I always take the statements made by retailers that certain items are being discontinued with a grain of salt. Many times on these pages someone has reported that a retailer had mentioned that a scent was being discontinued, when in reality it was merely the retailer deciding to no longer carry that particular scent.

I'd believe this one, another company purchased Roger & Gallet months ago and it was reported from several sources that many of our favorite soaps/scents won't be available for long. I've certainly been buying whatever I come across in their line.

Luckily I bought one liter of Extra Vieille Farina some time ago. It will last for a few years and I paid only 55 dollars! It is a shame they are not going to sell it in large bottles anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by LuciusVorenus View Post
    Luckily I bought one liter of Extra Vieille Farina some time ago. It will last for a few years and I paid only 55 dollars! It is a shame they are not going to sell it in large bottles anymore...

Yes, not selling the classic in big splash bottles is an affront to history .
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

A couple of months ago, I was browsing the R&G website and noticed that several scents weren't offered anymore.

A real pity about Bouquet Imperiale. It was an unusual entry in the cologne/eau fraiche genre. Alyssum is one of the subtle floral notes in its composition, and I can't think of a single other fragrance where I've seen alyssum, sweet alyssum, rock alyssum, etc. listed in its pyramid. I'm familiar with this little flower and its dry, slightly bitter scent, since it was prolific in the sandy soil of the city where I grew up. Bouquet Imperiale also has a black currant note, not overpowering but very present, and some sandalwood in its base. It is a wonderful fall and winter cologne, since it has enough body so it doesn't disappear in the cold. In fact, cooler weather seems to bring out a smokiness in Imperiale that I find very seasonable.

I stocked up, bought another 3-plus ounce bottle.

On another note, can someone translate the name Pavot d'Argent for me? I know it's something "of silver", but my French is so bad that I'm confusing "pavot" with the word for turkey!

Merci.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Jardanel View Post
    A couple of months ago, I was browsing the R&G website and noticed that several scents weren't offered anymore.

A real pity about Bouquet Imperiale. It was an unusual entry in the cologne/eau fraiche genre. Alyssum is one of the subtle floral notes in its composition, and I can't think of a single other fragrance where I've seen alyssum, sweet alyssum, rock alyssum, etc. listed in its pyramid. I'm familiar with this little flower and its dry, slightly bitter scent, since it was prolific in the sandy soil of the city where I grew up. Bouquet Imperiale also has a black currant note, not overpowering but very present, and some sandalwood in its base. It is a wonderful fall and winter cologne, since it has enough body so it doesn't disappear in the cold. In fact, cooler weather seems to bring out a smokiness in Imperiale that I find very seasonable.

I stocked up, bought another 3-plus ounce bottle.

On another note, can someone translate the name Pavot d'Argent for me? I know it's something "of silver", but my French is so bad that I'm confusing "pavot" with the word for turkey!

Merci.
    I think pavot is "poppy".

Thank you kindly, petruccijc!

Wink Re: Roger and Gallet - Discontinued Fragrances

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I received an e-mail from LONDONS Bathecary (shoplondon.com) saying that Roger and Gallet was discontinuing some of their line, including 10 fragrances. Is this true? Seems like some big cuts - not sure what exactly would be left in their line, or if they would be introducing some new fragrances.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roger & Gallet, Paris was sold to a new owner and they have decided to make quite a few changes.

Bouquet Imperial, Vetyver, Open, Petit Doux Nature, Pavot d'Argent, White Reseda, Cologne, Eau Pour Soi, L'Homme and L'Homme Essential have been discontinued. The Lip Aide has also been discontinued.
    I don't think L'Homme and L'Homme Essential have been discontinued, cause I just receive their 2008 spring-summer catalogue, and they still have these two on the list. Others on the catalogue are Cedrat, Jean Marie Farina, the vert, gingembre, lotus bleu, rose, shiso, bambou, vanille and petit doux nature.

YSL beaute bought Roger&Gallet, right? The margin of the letter that sent with catalogue prints "YSL beaute".
    Tiny Cat

Quote Originally Posted by sophywt View Post
    I don't think L'Homme and L'Homme Essential have been discontinued, cause I just receive their 2008 spring-summer catalogue, and they still have these two on the list. Others on the catalogue are Cedrat, Jean Marie Farina, the vert, gingembre, lotus bleu, rose, shiso, bambou, vanille and petit doux nature.

YSL beaute bought Roger&Gallet, right? The margin of the letter that sent with catalogue prints "YSL beaute".
    Yes YSL bought them. They have discontinued many ranges. They have discontinued the 150g soaps and I'm pretty sure they have lowered the quality on the soaps. I think the soaps used to be harder, last longer. They now seem to soften quicker and you get through them faster. I'm quite distressed! Anyone else notice this?
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews