Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default What do basenoters think about Parfumerie Generale's Corps et Ames?

Let's begin with : What does the name Corps et Ames mean?

I have my left wrist generously sprayed with one of Parfumerie Generale's private collection fragrance : Corps et Ames as I write this, and the very first impression I get from this is, hold your breath : Montale's Black Aoud.

Now, Rose is not listed among the notes for Corps et Ames, so i'm more or less sure that it's the Geranium that's fooling my nose into thinking it's rose. I also smell Leather, SEXY Leather that also is abundantly present in Black Aoud in the form of Labdanum. For the moment Corps et Ames is just a slightly lighter non-aoud version of Black Aoud on my skin.

I'd love to hear other Basenoters' views on this one, do any of you also detect a STRONG similarity to Black Aoud?
    Last edited by Amit; 15th June 2008 at 04:37 PM. Reason: typo

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What do basenoters think about Parfumerie Generale's Corps et Ames?

javagreen - You already know I'm a Parfumarie Generale fan. I never got around to sampling because the name just turned me off. I guess I better get over the name and give it a sampling.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    javagreen - You already know I'm a Parfumarie Generale fan. I never got around to sampling because the name just turned me off. I guess I better get over the name and give it a sampling.
    You seriously should. I'd love to hear your take on it!

Basenotes Plus

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Corps et Âmes means "Bodies and Souls." Rosy and sexy? Have you tried Tom Ford Private Blends Noir de Noir? Black Rose, Truffle, Saffron and a woody-chypre-vanilla drydown.
    Last edited by JaimeB; 15th June 2008 at 08:59 PM.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeB View Post
    Corps et Âmes means "Bodies and Souls." Rosy and sexy? Have you tried Tom Ford Private Blends Noir de Noir? Black Rose, Truffle, Saffron and a woody-chypre-vanilla drydown.
    That's interesting to know, Thanks JaimeB!

No, not tried ANY of the TF Private Blends yet.. but i'm on the lookout.

Post Thanks / Like

it defintely smells like agarbattis available in india + the russian leather found in gentleman. worth a buy? definitely, for the quality combination of sweet incense notes and leather. the leather base would certainly remind one of Givenchy.

P.S thanks to Javagreen for the sharing the sample he had.
    Last edited by jenson; 19th June 2008 at 09:50 AM. Reason: P.S thanks to Javagreen for the sharing the sample he had.

Post Thanks / Like

^ I'm glad you liked it as much as I did.... I much prefer this to Black Aoud which is definitely in the same vein, just dirtier.

Hillaire

I'd like to bump this thread as I have just gotten a bottle of this WONDERFUL chypre today. And moreover, I had not smelled it before!

I love it, love it...

And I have always maintained that Knowing was the natural progression from the drier Azuree. From the woodiest possible, manliest possible to something marketable to women in the eighties. A tweaking , if you will...But many could not smell the similarity.

Then lands Corps & Ames, plop dab in the middle of Knowing and Azuree, in every imaginable way.

Why am I so excited, since Knowing and Azuree already exist? Because as much as I love to revisit Azuree, it's a tad harsh for every day wear... and as much as I adore Knowing, it can be a bit of a femme fatale.

And somehow, this middle ground suits me best, and strikes a balance I cannot resist.

It's so exciting to discover this chypre! I was just lamenting, "Is there still a chypre out there I don't know that will get me excited?"

Post Thanks / Like

edit double post
    Last edited by pluran; 3rd July 2010 at 02:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Smells nice, natural, with quality ingredients, but structurally poverty stricken. Sort of a lesser, somewhat unfinished precursor to the original Coriandre. I'm not into feminine rose chypres, but Rose de Nuit is a lot better than this. Still, it smells pretty good, and I can see why people would like it.

CeA is nothing like Black Aoud.

Post Thanks / Like

-- This site isn't functioning worth a sh*t.
    Last edited by pluran; 3rd July 2010 at 02:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hillaire View Post
    I'd like to bump this thread as I have just gotten a bottle of this WONDERFUL chypre today. And moreover, I had not smelled it before!

I love it, love it...

And I have always maintained that Knowing was the natural progression from the drier Azuree. From the woodiest possible, manliest possible to something marketable to women in the eighties. A tweaking , if you will...But many could not smell the similarity.

Then lands Corps & Ames, plop dab in the middle of Knowing and Azuree, in every imaginable way.

Why am I so excited, since Knowing and Azuree already exist? Because as much as I love to revisit Azuree, it's a tad harsh for every day wear... and as much as I adore Knowing, it can be a bit of a femme fatale.

And somehow, this middle ground suits me best, and strikes a balance I cannot resist.

It's so exciting to discover this chypre! I was just lamenting, "Is there still a chypre out there I don't know that will get me excited?"
    Hillaire, thanks for reviving this thread ( and in general, public awareness of this fragrance, since it seems to have totally dropped off the Basenotes radar ). I love rose chypres ( as you know ) and I love many fragrances by Parfumerie Generale, so it sounds like this is a must-try.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree...I must have missed this thread when it was originally posted. CeA sounds wonderful.

I`d say I sort of like it - due to immortelle absolute.
    In chypres immortelle smells divine!
    Vetiver The Great!!!