Code of Conduct

Default Which colognes do you wish had more "oomph"?

Do you have any scents that you have worn, where you wished that they could turn up the intensity, or just tweak it and make just one note more intense? Or that you wished it had more projection on you rather than stay close to the skin? Or that lasted longer?

I am sampling different stuff and, well, citrus is either acrid on me, or is so dang light as to be undetectable. Calypso Tangerine Homme was nice but it was gone in 30 minutes.

One I wish is Acqua di Parma Colonia. I have sampled it, and the Assoluta, but the Assoluta does not have that same brightness. This is one that I wish was more intense, more of a Eau de Parfum than an Eau de Cologne. It seems refreshing yet not friviolous in summer.

Yours?

Default Re: Which colognes do you wish had more "oomph"?

I have a sample of Acqua di Parma Intensa.. Compleeetely disappointing on me. Doesn't last and dries down to something thin and forgettable.

I used to wish Rochas Man was more intense.. then realized that Maurice Roucel made two versions. His fantastic New Haarlem suits the bill!
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

I wish Ralph Lauren Polo Double Black had more projection. On me it lasts 8-10 hours but the entire time it wears very close to the skin.

For that reason, I don't think I'll be getting another bottle when this one is done, even though I absolutely love the fragrance.

Terre d'Hermes.....if only it was an edp then I'd surely have my signature scent!

I kind of wish Giorgio for Men had a bit more "oomph". Just a little more "oomph", and people in the next building could appreciate my cologne.
    Last edited by tfaust; 17th June 2008 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tfaust View Post
    I kind of wish Giorgio for Men had a bit more "oomph". Just a little more "oomph", and people in the next building could appreciate my cologne.
    That's what I'm talking 'bout!!!!!!!

L'Instant De Guerlain Homme, I think. I absolutely love it, I just wish it packed a bigger punch.

I've tried the concentrated version and didn't like it quite as much.

Vavatos too I think I would like the volume turned up on.

And then definitely both of the Chanel Pour Monsieurs....

Armani Attitude
    Lorenzo Villoresi Sandalo
    Tonino Lamborghini Chrono
    Acqua Di Parma Colonia

I wish cartier declaration would be more intensiv for me. I am sure that others smells enough.
    "Wow, I've never smelled anything like that before."

Thumbs up Re: Which colognes do you wish had more "oomph"?

Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post
    L'Instant De Guerlain Homme, I think. I absolutely love it, I just wish it packed a bigger punch.

I've tried the concentrated version and didn't like it quite as much.

Vavatos too I think I would like the volume turned up on.

And then definitely both of the Chanel Pour Monsieurs....
    That L'Instant lasts forever on me. I also like Chanel Pour Monsieurs too.

Quote Originally Posted by finsfan View Post
    Do you have any scents that you have worn, where you wished that they could turn up the intensity, or just tweak it and make just one note more intense? Or that you wished it had more projection on you rather than stay close to the skin? Or that lasted longer?
    I wish Truefitt & Hill's "Grafton" had more longevity.

Nino Cerruti (1979.) Lasts a long time, but does not project much on my skin. Love it, though!

Unhappy Re: Which colognes do you wish had more "oomph"?

I wish that Cacharel ph had more power.. I love that smell

.................................................. ...................I'm gonna memorize your name.. and then i'm gonna throw my head away!!........:bounce:.............

Basenotes Institution

Hermessence: Brin de Reglisse by Hermes - lovelovelove the scent, but the lightning fast longevity made it impossible (at Hermessence prices) to think about repurchasing.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

I agree with jrd4t on AdP Intensa-had to send it back for a refund it was so weak. Also just received a blind buy of Bahiana and I really like it, but it barely seems to project on me. I know that I have the kind of skin(dry) that I really have to over apply to get any siliage. I have a few samples coming this week that I hope will show better results.

Kenneth Cole Reaction...

I love the top notes but it disappears almost instantaneously on me.

Quote Originally Posted by FRAGFAN View Post
    I agree with jrd4t on AdP Intensa-had to send it back for a refund it was so weak. Also just received a blind buy of Bahiana and I really like it, but it barely seems to project on me. I know that I have the kind of skin(dry) that I really have to over apply to get any siliage. I have a few samples coming this week that I hope will show better results.

I dont want to take this thread off topic, but maybe you could PM me and let me know what scents work for you. I know a lot of my 'problem' is nose fatigue, but really, some scents just die on me. Some guys get Colonia to last long, but me, I can spray it on my arms, wrists, elbows or back of my hand and in any event, gone after 4 hours.

Blog Entries

Hmm... well, basically everything I've ever tried with "Eau de cologne" in the name. Especially Chanel's cologne. It has wonderful top notes, but they forgot to put a base under them. It completely disappears in 30-60 minutes.

I would also like a more concentrated version of Guerlain EdC Imperiale. That one has a nice structure, with good development from top to bottom, but it just smells too faint.

Blog Entries

Trumper's West Indies Limes and Truefitt & Hill's West Indies Limes. They don't need oomph as much as they need longevity.
    Brent

Catherine Deneuve: "You should put scent where you like to be kissed."

Quote Originally Posted by baudilus View Post
    I wish Ralph Lauren Polo Double Black had more projection. On me it lasts 8-10 hours but the entire time it wears very close to the skin.

For that reason, I don't think I'll be getting another bottle when this one is done, even though I absolutely love the fragrance.
    Yesterday nite I sprayed the hell out of it and people didn't even notice it, it rested very very close to the skin, and that's strange because ususally frags get "normal" longevity on me.

so yeah i wish for PDB to be stronger.

All of them...

Seriously though, Eau de Rochas Pour Homme...

Ralph Lauren Purple Label is a wonderful fragrance... unique, uncommon, and complex. However you could bathe in it and the fragrance would still stay discrete and close to the skin. Normally I do not mind lack of sillage as I'm not trying to be 'that guy' in my office, but if I could pick one of my favs to have the manufacturer double the perfume oil, PL would be it.

Blog Entries

I wish Gier was more concentrated.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

It would be nice if Gendarme was a bit more forceful. The only time people can smell it on me is if they give me a hug.

On my skin I find the following lacking the oomph I wish.
    Serge Lutens Five O'Clock au Gingembre - Not what I expected in longevity, goes away too quickly.
    Hermes Rocabar - Stays too close to the skin with not enough projection.
    Dunhill Pursuit - Again, not enough projection.

Tam Dao.

Red face Re: Which colognes do you wish had more "oomph"?

Bulgari PH could use a little more oomph, and longevity, for such a wonderful fragrance!!
    vgmac

Quote Originally Posted by mudassir View Post
    I wish Gier was more concentrated.
    Geir can be sneaky - you may think it is weak until a person compliments you on wearing it from across the room. Geir is already an EDP and care must definitely be exercised with it.

All of the Calvin Klein scents? But on a serious note, Ferrari Black smells amazing but lacks projection and longevity, Reaction is a lovely citrus and gets many compliments but unfortunately it lacks longevity, and D&G PH.

Assoluta (Aqua di Parma)
    Le Mouchoir de Monsieur (Guerlain)
    Offrez-lui (Galimard) - Lavender
    Pour un Homme (Caron)
    L'amour fait songer, vivre et croire. Il a, pour réchauffer le coeur, un rayon de plus que la gloire; et ce rayon, c'est le bonheur. (Victor HUGO)

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceSilver View Post
    All of the Calvin Klein scents? But on a serious note, Ferrari Black smells amazing but lacks projection and longevity, Reaction is a lovely citrus and gets many compliments but unfortunately it lacks longevity, and D&G PH.
    D&G PH ?? Really ? I always thought this was the ideal as far as "oomph". Adding anymore would be crazy, but thats just me and my opinion.

I will second a vote on Bvlgari Pour Homme, if only .......

Banned

I second "all of them" and LV Sandalo, such a lovely scent, but it's barely there! Why can't it take a page from one of mr V's other offerings!?

Must de Cartier at the opening, but it takes off afteran hour or so..
    Kenzo Air it really seems there is only air in the begining.

99% of everything that's out there needs more oomph

Cacharel - Amor Pour Homme

Now I know the difference and I can notice the difference between my pre-Basenotes and post-Basenotes purchases. Cacharel's Amor pour homme is quite inoffensive, smells reasonably ok - but just lacks that something which makes me love it. Wearing it makes me feel bored.
    Last edited by mlt.perfume; 18th June 2008 at 08:43 PM.
    A

Newbie discovering the wonderful world of perfume

Looking for; http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=210771
    and
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=214089

Blog Entries

Hermessence Vetiver Tonka would be a HG of mine if it didn't have the projection and longevity of, uh, water.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    99% of everything that's out there needs more oomph

well said.....