Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Trumperís of Mayfair mentioned in Fleming's new James Bond novel

Bond 2008...
    How about something contemporary that is not too common, that is covert, flies under the radar, a quiet elegance, not too strong, not too flashy, subtle and secretive, would blend in perfectly with the classy crowd if it weren't so potent just beneath the surface?

For a Dunhill currently in production, I vote Dunhill (2003).
    Last edited by Moderator; 19th June 2008 at 03:14 PM. Reason: eliminate redundancy

Well, I stayed up until 2:30 A.M. rereading Scorpius, and I found the Dunhill reference on Page 211 of the hardcover edition. James Bond is getting ready to leave a safe house in London when:

"He closed the compartment and carefully packed a razor and travel set of Dunhill Edition shave cream and cologne -- another standard, provided by Mrs. Findlay who, as housekeeper, felt her gentlemen should have the best."

So Dunhill Edition is not Bond's choice, but he seems to regard it approvingly. I'm still working on where I saw the Dunhill Blend 30 reference.

At 2:00 A.M., I found the reference that I remembered before. In Nobody Lives Forever, on Pages 25-26 of the paperback version:

"He did not like change, being a man of habit, but had recently altered his soap, shampoo, and cologne to Dunhill Blend 30 -- deciding they held a more masculine tang -- and now, after a vigorous toweling, he rubbed cologne into his body before slipping into his silk traveling 'Happi-coat' to await breakfast, which came complete with all the local morning papers."

Blend 30 was really fantastic and I am glad to hear that--while no longer available--it basks in the glory of becoming a part of the lore of 007.
    Currently wearing: Yuzu Man by Caron