Code of Conduct
    Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up ★★★★★TV Show: EVERYTHING ABOUT MAKING PERFUME!!!!

Half-hour-long, French TV show provides an overview of everything related to perfume making!

Perhaps the best compilation of footage inside the fragrance industry you're likely to see online.

Includes perfumer Francis Kurkdjian and France's version of "Bill Nye, the Science Guy."

It would help if you understand French, but visually worthwhile even if the only French you know is "bonjour."

Shown in three segments of about 8-1/2 minutes each.
    part 1 of 3
    part 2 of 3
    part 3 of 3
    :toppie:
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Default Re: ★★★★★TV Show: EVERYTHING ABOUT MAKING PERFUME!!!!

Ann-croy-able!! Many thanks Joy-ful lady! Save saved it to watch again. (And for us Francophiles it's worth the price of admission just to listen, And wow! is Grasse gorgeous.)
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Really enjoyed watching those! Thanks for the information. I understood most of it,
    although they do speak very fast!! For those of you that don't speak French:-

Apparently they are paying 4.27 euros for a kilo of centifolia roses this year. One of those huge vats holds 100 kilos of roses. I went to the Fragonard factory in Grasse about 25 years ago, so it brought back happy memories.
    My husband bought me some Miranda, Dahlia and Reve Indien perfumes in those lovely gold bottles.
    I also bought a gel air freshener that lasted for ages. The smell in the whole town is amazing.

The science of the art of smelling was explained very well I thought. When we smell something there are
    a limited amount of receptors in the nasal passages that the scent molecules can latch on to ( we actually miss a lot of them) and the ones that are caught get sent as a message to the brain smell receptors which get imprinted in our smell memory.

Normal earthlings can memorise about 2,000 to 4,000 different odours, whereas a trained "nose" can distinguish up to 10,000!!

Thanks for posting. Nice vid!

Very cool thing to find, Quarry.
    Thank you so much.
    I will save the link and watch ASAP.
    Cheers!

Great stuff, Quarry! Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    Apparently they are paying 4.27 euros for a kilo of centifolia roses this year.
    note that this episode is about ten years old. Francis Kurkdjian was still in his twenties here!
    [font=verdana][url=http://del.icio.us/scentedpages][b]my bookmarks on del.icio.us[/b][/url][/font]
    [font=verdana][url=http://www.nstperfume.com/perfume-books/][b]my book reviews on NST[/b][/url][/font]
    [font=verdana][url=www.scentedpages.com][b]ScentedPages.com[/b][/url][/font]

Very nice. Thank you for posting, Quarry. I understand "un peu" but the visuals were great even without the translation.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marcello View Post
    Great stuff, Quarry! Thanks for sharing!

Note that this episode is about ten years old. Francis Kurkdjian was still in his twenties here!
    You are extra welcome, Marcello. And thanks for helping to date the program's birth. Ah, but is not this sort of thing, what you call, timeless?

And thanks, kewart, for some translation. Like lizzie, je comprends seulement un peu.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Wink Re: ★★★★★TV Show: EVERYTHING ABOUT MAKING PERFUME!!!!

Oh I thought Francis K. was really cute - probably still is!!
    Didn't realise it was a time warp.

Thanks, very nice to see.