Code of Conduct

Blog Entries

Default Escada Pour Homme.

bought a bottle of Escada Pour Homme.....$12 at TJ Maxx

i gotta say, i was in need of a more 'formal' scent, more distinguished and more 'normal' than the rest of my wardrobe...and Escada PH definitely hits the spot.

It's boozy, citrusy, slightly floral and musky. But it smells very masculine, in an old-school sort of 80s way.

it's funny though, i had worn Encre Noire this morning on the way to work, and 10 hours later, i bought this Escada PH. I sprayed it on my arm where the Encre Noire was....and the Encre Noire overpowered the Escada PH!

it's a good scent though.....not bad for a Twelver! will serve me well with my suits and cigars.

Default Re: Escada Pour Homme.

I've found Escade PH, Heritage and Zino to be cut from the same cloth. Zino is my favorite of the three.

I recently grabbed a bottle of this from TJ Maxx and was suprised how good it. The boozy note in early drydown is executed to perfection. I prefer the boozy note in this to Le Dandys by a mile.
    Last edited by zztopp; 20th June 2008 at 03:25 AM.
    -

Blog Entries

amazing how an older scent that's been around for years now, purchased cheap at a discount store, can smell SO expensive. This morning, i've been showered with compliments about it...

but most of all, it makes you FEEL like you rule the world. it's got this strange arrogance/confidence about it....powerful really.

Escada PH is an old style ambery oriental. Unlike the new style ones, which are mainy party/going out type scents, the old ones were more formal and could indeed be worn stylishly with a suit, or for going to work.

Good choice.
    Renato

I'm glad you enjoy this really wonderful elegant scent as much as I do.

What I love about it is that it smells expensive and refined and then saves a lovely vanillic far drydown for you.

And that bottle is just beautiful - Tom Ford for men uses a similar design but the Escada looks far better I think. I love that Art Deco feel to it.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

I wore Escada Pour Homme to work yesterday. I took a walk on my lunch hour, and passed a soldier in uniform who stopped and said, "Your "aftershave" is great. Where can I buy it?" Well, I was embarassed to tell him I bought it at Marshall's. However, I was honest. He said he was going to buy it that afternoon.

I don't have any of the longevity problems with Escada pour homme that are described by some here on the Basenotes reviews, and I have to be careful with application because it can be a sillage monster on my skin.

LOVE the boozy notes!

Same here. i think the sillage is extreme on me. I have be careful how much I put on. It is just classy. Thats the best word for it. Oh, and everso, as a HUGE cigar smoker myself, you're right. It does match well with a good cigar.
    - Ben -

Top Five:
    Creed Royal Oud; Byredo Black Saffron; Etro Etra; Creed Aventus; Xerjoff Nio

eBay: mississippi_rifleman
    Twitter: Cigar_Ben

Wardrobe

Stogie Review

Sur la Plage

It's great stuff! I consider it one of the best buys you can consistently find at Marshalls/TJ Maxx.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

shit, seems like this shit's good, im going to Buy it tomorrow for real lol

This is getting a lot of love today it seems.

Escada is a formal gourmand of a classic fibre