Code of Conduct

Default *** FREE samples from Parfums Raffy -- Hurry only 100 available!!!

Aaron from the lovely Parfums Raffy recently dropped me this note:

We wanted to give your readers the opportunity to try samples of Dragon and Mogul fragrances for absolutely no cost to your readers (No shipping charges either). All they have to do is go to this page and follow the directions:

Free samples of Mogul + Dragon Cologne from Parfums Raffy

The only catch is that this offer is only available to the first 100 people who respond to this offer. It would be appreciated if they can give us honest feedback in the fragrance directory or on the forums about Mogul and Dragon.

Thanks!
    Aaron Wood
    Parfums Raffy, Inc
    ALL SAMPLES GONE!!!!
    Last edited by Grant; 26th June 2008 at 11:24 AM.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: *** FREE samples from Parfums Raffy -- Hurry only 100 available!!!

Thanks Grant & Aaron. Neat!
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Post Thanks / Like

I emailed my request. Thanks, Parfums Raffy, and thanks Grant!

Later: Damn you, Mike! You beat me to the first punch!
    Last edited by Snafoo; 25th June 2008 at 02:13 AM.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto. Thank you, Grant, for the tip. And thank you Parfums Raffy for your generous offer!
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I actually have samples of these frags. Untried as of yet. I'll look forward to giving them a wear and reporting back.

I talked with Parfums Raffy when I ordered Creed samples (they included Mogul and Dragon). They were very helpful and friendly. And a perfumer requesting feedback is...well...it's shocking! And nice.
    Brent

Catherine Deneuve: "You should put scent where you like to be kissed."

A Site For Sore Eyes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Email sent. Thanks Aaron and Grant!
    Deep in the dark your kiss will thrill me
    Like days of old. Lighting the spark of love that fills me
    with dreams untold..--Twilight Time

Post Thanks / Like

Email sent. Hope they ship to Aus! Thanks Grant, excited about trying these two.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Grant and Parfums Raffy!
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Sent off a note. Thanks gents.

Oh boy! More to review and try

Sounds good!

Thanks Grant and Parfumsraffy!
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Post Thanks / Like

Yay, I hope I got into the first 100!

Thanks perfume Raffy!

Great offer. Thanks Basenotes & Parfumsraffy!

Let's hope that more of these offers are coming!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the hook!

Post Thanks / Like

Gracias!

Merci Grant and Raffy

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks, Grant and Aaron! Looking forward to Dragon already.

Post Thanks / Like

That's great, thanks a bunch!
    Looking to swap/buy/receive for free () the following samples/decants:
    Indult Tihota & Rêve en Cuir
    Chant d'Aromes extrait
    Vetiver pour Elle (5ml decant)

Selling/swapping:
    Versace The Dreamer 50ml (1.7oz) BNIB
    ---

"The Sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"
    http://polderposh.blogspot.com/

Basenotes Plus

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! I hope I'm not too late...
    I love cologne.

Thanks!
    A

Newbie discovering the wonderful world of perfume

Looking for; http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=210771
    and
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=214089

Sent.

Checked out the pyramids in the directory here, they seem pretty interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Hope I'm not too late. Great offer, and it underscores the significance of the BN community.
    Very classic notes, I'll be interested to see what they made of them. Would think ingredient quality will be pivotal here.
    Last edited by the_good_life; 25th June 2008 at 09:23 AM.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Im probably way behind with this offer as I have only just sent the request.
    Hopefully they ship internationally! These two scents look very nice indeed!

Got in under the 100 mark. Thanks Grant.

Post Thanks / Like

How can you tell you were in before the 100?

Post Thanks / Like

I assume they'll take the page down once they've hit 100, but we can't say with any certainty.

At any rate, email sent - looking forward to trying (and possibly buying)!

Edit: Looking at the pyramid, it seems as though I'd be more interested in Mogul, since I don't like overly woody scent, but hey, you never know. NR for Him surprised me and hopefully I'll love them both.

I love to have frags that no one else does.
    Last edited by baudilus; 25th June 2008 at 11:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lian View Post
    How can you tell you were in before the 100?
    They sent me an email confirming that they were sending the samples. They probably aren't a work yet today, so it may take a few hours.

Horray I'll be getting the samples!

Dragon looks the most interesting. I love smoky woods. I hope the woods aren't as potent as Gucci pH... but maybe I do hope so!

Being EdP's that's a huge plus. Can't wait!

Basenotes Plus

Post Thanks / Like

I sent my request 8:00 AM CET, and I just got a confirmation e-mail that I'm in
    Last edited by nenugal; 25th June 2008 at 01:55 PM.
    I love cologne.

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, just got my confirmation as well - send the email, it couldn't hurt.

If they reach 100, these could two of the most reviewed frags on the site!
    Last edited by baudilus; 25th June 2008 at 02:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Yay, getting some too. I suppose there will be a special thread for discussion? Might this not even be worth a scent synchronization day?
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

getting some too - good idea for SSD.
    A

Newbie discovering the wonderful world of perfume

Looking for; http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=210771
    and
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=214089

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks Grant and Parfums Raffy

Post Thanks / Like

Sent my email as well. Thanks!
    - Ben -

Top Five:
    Creed Royal Oud; Byredo Black Saffron; Etro Etra; Creed Aventus; Xerjoff Nio

eBay: mississippi_rifleman
    Twitter: Cigar_Ben

Wardrobe

Stogie Review

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a million. Even better that they generously ship international free of charge! Excited to try it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Moltening, let's see who's gonna get the package first, lol.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

I am excited for my samples as well! I can't wait to try Dragon. I wish the women's offerings were included, because they look awesome too, particularly American Gypsy. But, that would be just plain greedy.

Post Thanks / Like

Grant, thanks for the heads-up. I hope to have made to 1st 100 as well.

Banned

Post Thanks / Like

As yet, no email... I may possibly have been too late *sigh* :-/

Is there a way to contact frag companies so that more will do this in the future? If so, would it be possible to promise them a new thread (even if nobody responds to it) in return for the samples? This seems to be a real "win-win" possibility for us "frag junkies" as well as the companies (unless, perhaps, they crank out a really awful product - LOL).
    Last edited by Bigsly; 25th June 2008 at 06:52 PM. Reason: error correction

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mlt.perfume View Post
    getting some too - good idea for SSD.
    I agree, and was thinking the same thing!

No conf. email received, and i put my request in before those that did receive one .

I was in on time! Thanks for the heads up, Grant!
    No guru, not method, no teacher
    Just you and I and nature

Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Email confirmed by the time i awoke this morning Thanks to BN and PR
    I look forward to sampling these!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl View Post
    No conf. email received, and i put my request in before those that did receive one .

Check your "bulk or spam" mail... That's there I found my reply...

Just received my samples today (they ship from the San Fernando Valley, I'm in LA) will let you know more later, but i already can tell you that they are both really well done, with a preference for Dragon so far...

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl View Post
    Same here. I emailed way earlier, probably one of the first few. I haven't received a response either. I also checked my spam, bulk, etc...folders. Nothing there. We'll see

Promotion Is Over

Post Thanks / Like

I just got my samples and put one on each wrist... So far I like them both with a slight preference to Dragon...

Post Thanks / Like

Got mine today and upon first sniff, preferred Mogul. But proof is in the wearing so I will wear one on each wrist and report back

Edit: Mogul is very nice. Got that freshness about it, but it is not soapy, nor is it that air freshener type of scent. I can't put my finger on the topnote, and have not checked the pyramid. This one would be a great office wear, summer scent. Now Dragon, I did get the smokiness right off the bat. I get more of a leather than a wood, but it may be my chemistry. Mogul projects more, but I find the Dragon more interesting to the nose. If I was buying them, after one hour's wearing, I would buy Dragon.
    Last edited by finsfan; 28th June 2008 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    Same here. I emailed way earlier, probably one of the first few. I haven't received a response either. I also checked my spam, bulk, etc...folders. Nothing there. We'll see
    They got back to me after emailing them again, they had allready mailed my samples.

Post Thanks / Like

I looked on the parfums raffy website today, and it looks like the free sample promotion is public too(each sample is 1 cent each plus shipping). So anyone who missed out, you can still try them out for relatively cheap.

Awww man I guess I missed the whole sample givaway. I've been to the Parfum Raffy store in Sherman Oaks several times, and I would highly recommend it to anyone. They have some heavy hitters there...Including Amouage, Creed, Montale, L'Artisan and others.

I got my samples in lighning fast time, and have already tested them once. I like them both, but am testing again so I can really give them each a fair sniff. Perhaps I even like them a little better because they were free! Kind of busts up the old "therapy is more effective if you pay for it" theory. Is that analogy too far of a reach?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just got mine today, and tested on paper. I like one and my wife likes the other. Lucky me. Yeah, Lizzie - I don't know if the free thing is good or bad for the reviewing. And I think that your testing twice is really a good idea. I'm going to hold off on posting paper impressions for sure, now.

I have to admit that this is a good marketing strategy - put the samples in the hands of people most likely to buy niche.