Code of Conduct

Default SotW June 14th-20th, 2008

As my mother always told me better late than never so away we go with Week 16 of SotW. Here are the raw numbers:
    1,038 total posts up one from last week and the third week in a row over 1,000 posts.
    629 different scents down from last week's record of 660 and the fourth week in a row over 600.
    414 scents worn once for an individuality index of 39.9% down from 472 and 45.5% in week 15. Also four weeks in a row for over 400 singletons.
    Before breaking down the week 16 numbers we're now at the point where we have had the ladies included for eight weeks and their presence really has made a big difference in the overall numbers. To illustrate I'm going to compare the average raw numbers from weeks 1-8 which was just the guys and weeks 9-16 which was the entire community.
    Total posts- Week 1-8= 752.5 Week 9-16= 948.6 which is a 26% increase
    Different Scents- Week 1-8= 438.1 Week 9-16= 579.5 which is a 32.3% increase
    Single Scents- Week 1-8= 295.9 Week 9-16= 400.2 which is a 35.2% increase
    Individuality Index- Week 1-8= 39.3% Week 9-16= 42.2% which is a 7.3% increase
    This just shows how much more interesting it is to track the community as a whole and I've really enjoyed doing this since I've been tracking everybody.

On to Week 16, we had a one-star trash fest on Wednesday to celebrate the Basenotes Gemini Twins, Twolf and Magnifiscent. To what should be no one's surprise the queen of one-star trash fest day was Guerlain Champs-Elysees. The current single week champ flexed her muscles again and put herself back into the top 10. Due to the large number of Creeds getting one-star there was quite a bit of support for those scents on Wednesday. That led to the best week for Creed as a house in a month and placing four scents in the top 10.
    At the top of the countdown we had a three-way battle for the number one spot between Dior Homme, Comme des Garcons Monocle Scent One: Hinoki, and Terre D'Hermes. One little wear decided the champ for the week as all three showed consistent support throughout the week. Hinoki and Terre D'Hermes got a number of female wears this week which made things interesting.
    The remaining four scents in the top 10 are led by two newcomers. Shiseido Feminite du Bois was there on the ladies' support, Serge Lutens Musc Kublai Khan was there based on a huge Tuesday wear of the scent. The returnees were Guerlain Habit Rouge which has benefitted from a livley forum discussion and Parfums de Nicolai New York which was there almost entirely on the men's support.
    Here now the top 10 for June 14th-20th, 2008
    1.) Terre D'Hermes 13 wears (1.3%)
    2.) Comme des Garcons Monocle Scent One: Hinoki 12 wears (1.2%)
    2.) Dior Homme 12 wears (1.2%)
    4.) Creed Original Vetiver 9 wears (0.9%)
    5.) Creed Millesime Imperiale 7 wears (0.7%)
    6.) Creed Green Irish Tweed 6 wears (0.6%)
    6.) Creed Silver Mountain Water 6 wears (0.6%)
    6.) Guerlain Champs-Elysees 6 wears (0.6%)
    6.) Guerlain Habit Rouge 6 wears (0.6%)
    6.) Parfums de Nicolai New York 6 wears (0.6%)
    6.) Serge Lutens Musc Kublai Khan 6 wears (0.6%)
    6.) Shiseido Feminite du Bois 6 wears (0.6%)

Bubbling below the top 10 this week were three of the one-star trash fest scents of Chanel Antaeus, Hermes Hiris, and Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum. Creed Vintage Tabarome had a little mini-one day wear on Thursday. The ladies have put Clinique Aromatics Elixir and Tavorna's work scent of Revlon Fire and Ice in the just missed group. Ormonde Jayne Man and Chanel Antaeus just miss based on the guy's support or lack of it in this case. The remaining two scents in the just missed group are L'Artisan Dzing and Mure et Musc.
    Now that we look to be through the dark days of slow servers and site downtime the rest of the year should be completely interesting to watch. I'll be back at my regularly scheduled time on the weekend with Week 17 numbers.
    Until then you keep wearing 'em and I'll keep counting 'em.
    Have a well-fragranced week.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Default Re: SotW June 14th-20th, 2008

I did already tell you how much I enjoy your weekly resumé SMM, but I will gladly do it again.
    I love it!
    It is interesting that I seldom seem to wear a scent which lands in the weekly top ten (apart from when girl power revolutions are organised, of course!).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Default Re: SotW June 14th-20th, 2008

I love reading these weekly recaps too. As a female wearer of (someone else's) Terre D'Hermes, I feel proud to have contributed to its No. 1 spot last week. Now I just have to get my own bottle!