Code of Conduct

Question help! looking for CdG fragrance ID

hi. some 4 or 5 years ago, i've known someone with a comme des garcons perfume in one of those typical flat laying bottles. he had two kinds, from the same serie i think. one was green, but the one i loved so much was RED. the scent was spicy, typical GdC, warm, with cloves and maybe some pepper i think. i have been looking for this perfume, to no avail. after discovering this site, i think it might have been beads magenta, because on the picture it look more red than magenta to me and it's the closest visual appearance i have seen so far. but there is no reviews, no notes, nothing. and i don't know where to get it either, in case this is the one i have been looking for.
    so, any help would be very much appreciated! does the beads magenta fit my description, what other notes are there? are there any other CdG red perfumes in a flat bottle?
    thanks.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: help! looking for CdG fragrance ID

Gido, the bottle you're referring to is NOT a different scent from Comme des Garcons. CdG does limited edition bottles every year and they have one of their scents, rebottled. That bottle you saw was just one of the normal CdG scents, in a red beaded bottle.

Looking back over the limited edition releases, I think that beaded magenta was actually the original Comme des Garcons EdP.

The green bottle you mention, sounds like it is Comme des Garcons Cologne. Which is a 'lighter' interpretation of the CdG scent - some prefer this for Summer.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

thank you so much for the reply!

i did think the green one was more fresh/green, and the red one more warm/spicey.
    would that be right?

i have tried either the original cologne or the edp, not sure here! but i though this was (slightly) different from the juice i am after. or maybe i am mistaking, after all these years? i will return to the store to find out, thanks for the tip.
    Last edited by gido; 25th June 2008 at 08:52 PM.

Basenotes Institution

You're welcome.

It's also possible, that the scent inside the beads Magenta bottle is White by CdG. Have you smelled this? It's a very warm, almost cinnamon-esque interpretation of the CdG EdP, with a touch of pomegranate.

Quote Originally Posted by gido View Post
    i did think the green one was more fresh/green, and the red one more warm/spicey.
    would that be right?
    Yes, that sounds right.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 25th June 2008 at 09:13 PM.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac