Code of Conduct

Thread: Rive Gauche

Default Rive Gauche

Hey,
    I tried and liked Rive Gauche and found a pretty good deal online at theperfumeshop.com (12 pounds). It arrived today and I opened it up and noticed on the bottom of the bottle - "EDT intense". I know there is an intense version of Rive Gauche, but apart from that little detail on the bottom it appears to just be a regular bottle with just "Rive Gauche Pour Homme" on it.

Is it just the regular one or have they sent me the intense version?

Thanks
    Dave

Default Re: Rive Gauche

If it is a 60ml then it is the intense, as far as I know the regular one only comes in 75ml and 125ml.
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

The intense one has only two thick silver rings, while the normal one has six thinner ones. Also, the normal one does not come in 60ml t my knowledge, so if yours is 60ml and has two silver rings, it really should be the intense version.

It is 60ml, yeah, and it has 2 stripes.
    Is this a better deal?

Quote Originally Posted by zoomazooma View Post
    It is 60ml, yeah, and it has 2 stripes.
    Is this a better deal?
    It is a good deal, I think you can get the 75ml regular one at the same price as well. I prefer the regular one my self, as the intense as far too much patchouli. Where as I would of liked more anise and little less patchouli.
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

Any chance of pulling off the intense version in the summer?

I have some longevity issues with the regular but the Intense was really!! intense when I wore it in December last year (high summer in South Africa). Caution...

Is the original (not Intense, or Light) ever launched in 1.6 oz / 50 ml guise?
    I have only seen the 75 and 125 ml bottles.But the one I intent to bid looks completely legitimate...
    Thank's!
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

You've done well. The Intense is rarer and you got it at a good price. I own both, and the differences are subtle.
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

Rive Gauche is pretty strong, so apply sparingly until you get familiar with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    You've done well. The Intense is rarer and you got it at a good price. I own both, and the differences are subtle.
    Ditto. They're both similar, and the Intense is just that-- a little more intense. The original is a flawless, perfect creation. The Intense, slightly more so.

You can wear Rive Gauche Pour Homme/Intense in the summer, but it's important that you know how this fragrance wears best. I've found that it's best worn UNDER the shirt, sprayed on the chest. NOT the neck, NOT the wrists, or any of that. One, maybe two sprays to the bare chest is enough to get you through to your next shower. This stuff is extremey diffusive and by wearing it under clothes, it remains properly tethered to the wearer. Wearing too much on exposed skin seems to eject the smell aimlessly into a room where it loses its charm. Just my experience.

I got both...I thought the Intense Version (60ml) is in a plastic bottle (refillable). My regular version is in a aluminum bottle (never saw a Intense version in a aluminum bottle???).

I like the regular version more...the opening is more fresher and it last also very long...the whole day.
    I use the Intense version more at night, when I go out.

I must tell You, that YSL RG is one of best complimenting EDT on forum (no suprise, right?) but its not popular here in poland I asked for RG in some perfume shops, the reaction was like "WTF? what is Rive Gauche"/"do you like 'stinkers'?" only one of 4 has it, but lady luck didnt smile on me there was no tester to check it out i'll keep trying to smell it, it costs here 60 bucks yeah, in poland prices are INCREDIBLE! i've bought my pi givenchy for 74$ for 3.4 oz/100ml in online shop, plz dont ask how much it costs in normal shop (hint: 110$ for 1.7 oz/50ml in sephora ;p), thats why no much frag. fans in poland :P
    Last edited by yrk; 15th July 2008 at 11:04 AM.
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzów

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    Ditto. They're both similar, and the Intense is just that-- a little more intense. The original is a flawless, perfect creation. The Intense, slightly more so.

You can wear Rive Gauche Pour Homme/Intense in the summer, but it's important that you know how this fragrance wears best. I've found that it's best worn UNDER the shirt, sprayed on the chest. NOT the neck, NOT the wrists, or any of that. One, maybe two sprays to the bare chest is enough to get you through to your next shower. This stuff is extremely diffusive and by wearing it under clothes, it remains properly tethered to the wearer. Wearing too much on exposed skin seems to eject the smell aimlessly into a room where it loses its charm. Just my experience.
    Very nicely said.
    I'm going to stick to this technique for most of my frags.

My SOTD. I concur that the Intense or the edt are fine versions for summer wear; especially for a warm summer evening.

By the way, does anyone have a source for the Rive Gauche deo spray in North America?
    Thanks

To people with longevity issues with regular Rive Gauche...
    This actually has very good longevity. The sillage may not appear strong because it's one of those frags where my nose is playing tricks with me.

Exclamation Re: Rive Gauche

Sears Canada has the Rive Gauche for 19.99$ on their special buy shelves along with Alfred Sung and Hummer,etc.

Quote Originally Posted by graffham View Post
    Sears Canada has the Rive Gauche for 19.99$ on their special buy shelves along with Alfred Sung and Hummer,etc.
    Its incredible to have such a great scent at that price. I'd buy another bottle, especially at that price, but my 125 ml "can" should last a long time. I wear it twice a week only, although I wish I wore it more. But like any Basenoter, I've developed a decent wardrobe over time.

I really think the "mass" public does not have the proper"nose" to really appreciate this one. I'm not being snobby, but just like with music, the more experince you have and the more searching you do, the better you can appreciate what is great and what is mediocre ( no offense to Hummer, Contradiction....etc)