Code of Conduct

Thread: Dentist

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dentist

I've never really thought that much about how intimate a thing it is to have somebody cleaning your teeth until today when I was having that done and the hygienist told me I smelled wonderful and asked me what I was wearing. (It was Yerbamate.) It was kind of nice knowing that she was enjoying my scent while she cleaned my teeth. Just thought I'd share this nice little olfactory moment with you guys.

Default Re: Dentist

im currently in dental school so i tend to be pretty careful with what i wear. It is always awesome though when a patient really enjoys your scent because your wrists are pretty much at their nose the whole time. I just received a big comp on terre d hermes the other day and was pretty pumped about it.

Post Thanks / Like

I never wear fragrance when I go and visit my dentist, but he uses Mugler Cologne.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Chuck. That sounds like a pretty good choice. That's a fragrance that I can't imagine would bother many people. I never really thought about it from the perspective of the dentist. It's true that your wrists would be right in people's noses all day. I guess MKK might be a little risky.

Post Thanks / Like

I once wore a sample of Clean Men to the dentist....big mistake.
    I gassed them out something terrible and there was no getting away from it during the route canal.
    The assistant said I smelled lovely but I am sure it was too much in that small room. Lesson learned.

Post Thanks / Like

I would prefer to have my dentist smell of ether so I can just be out for the whole experience. Actually if they could just drop by the night before and give me a Buick-sized Valium that would be nice too.

I'm a wuss about the dentist.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    I've never really thought that much about how intimate a thing it is to have somebody cleaning your teeth until today when I was having that done and the hygienist told me I smelled wonderful and asked me what I was wearing. (It was Yerbamate.) It was kind of nice knowing that she was enjoying my scent while she cleaned my teeth. Just thought I'd share this nice little olfactory moment with you guys.
    Funny thing. I recently had my teeth cleaned and the same thing cme up. the ady asked what was I wearing (MI Imperial, Creed). She hoped my jacket which was hanging abover hers on a hook in the office left residue on hers.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Dentist

Piper Nigrum would fit in great at the dentist

.................................................. ...................I'm gonna memorize your name.. and then i'm gonna throw my head away!!........:bounce:.............

Yerbamate ... I love it !
    My dentist doesn't wear any fragrance but he has huge green eyes and a large smile.
    L'amour fait songer, vivre et croire. Il a, pour réchauffer le coeur, un rayon de plus que la gloire; et ce rayon, c'est le bonheur. (Victor HUGO)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    I've never really thought that much about how intimate a thing it is to have somebody cleaning your teeth...
    I think about it every time I go! "Get out of my mouth, ya big lug! Don't you realize what's been in there?!"
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

I adore my dentist - he's kind of a father figure. Cool, calm and collected. And wise.

For some reason, I think that the office is "scent free" - I've never smelled scent on anyone in there.

So, I take my purse size and spray once my appt. is complete (I'm always the first appt of the day).