Code of Conduct

Default Prada Infusion d'Homme

Why doesn't anyone talk about this? Being absolutely in love with Infusion d'Iris, I can't wait to try this one!

"Prada, meanwhile, is working on the masculine counterpart to 2007's Infusion d'Iris For Women. Their new fragrance for men, Infusion d'Homme, will debut in September.

Like Infusion d'Iris, Infusion d'Homme was developed by perfumer Daniela Andrier and "works closely with the body to create a subtle yet distinctive scent". The notes include Tunisian neroli, iris pallida, vetiver, cedarwood, incense and benzoin.

Prada Infusion d'Homme will be available in 50, 100, 200, 500 and 765 ml Eau de Toilette and in matching grooming products."

Default Re: Prada Infusion d'Homme

Quote Originally Posted by nwmit View Post
    Why doesn't anyone talk about this? Being absolutely in love with Infusion d'Iris, I can't wait to try this one!

"Prada, meanwhile, is working on the masculine counterpart to 2007's Infusion d'Iris For Women. Their new fragrance for men, Infusion d'Homme, will debut in September.

Like Infusion d'Iris, Infusion d'Homme was developed by perfumer Daniela Andrier and "works closely with the body to create a subtle yet distinctive scent". The notes include Tunisian neroli, iris pallida, vetiver, cedarwood, incense and benzoin.

Prada Infusion d'Homme will be available in 50, 100, 200, 500 and 765 ml Eau de Toilette and in matching grooming products."

Check out my thread from a month back: http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=210580

I already tested this one. It's not what we'd hoped for frankly. It's nice in a neroli kinda way. If you've sampled Bond No.9's Eau de New York, you'll get a good idea what it smells like but with a smidgeon of Iris thrown in.

To get the fragrance I hoped they'd create, spray on Prada Amber pour Homme and then mist Hiris by Hermes over the top and it'll be heaven.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

When someone says "neroli", I can't stop thinking about TF's Neroli Portofino! I absolutely adore it. Pure cleanness for me. It reminds me of the smell of the entrance of the old buildings in Istanbul just washed with what we call "Arabian Soap". Would never imagine wanting to smell like that

Is Infusion d'Homme anything like Neroli Portofino?

I can't comment on that my friend as I am not familiar with Neroli Portofino!
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

I tested this one today, and even though my wife loves it, I decided against it. Its opening is very fresh and there is a lot of citrus, and something else that makes the scent quite unusual, but pleasantly so. after the top notes faded though, it became very soapy (good) and powdery (not so good).

I'm willing to give it another go or two before I pass complete judgement on it though. I was pleasantly surprised by the longevity of the top notes.

Most iris- heavy fragrances are going to be powdery to some extent. In general Infusion has been one of the better 08 male designer releases.

I can smell the powder in Infusion d'Iris, but not so much in Infusion d'Homme. Same juice, only that the mens version goes progresses in reverse. You smell mostly neroli at the end more so than the beginning.
    Last edited by iMaverick; 26th October 2008 at 11:30 PM.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

I tested it today for the first time. My initial impression is that I prefer Infusion d'Iris. Infusion d'Homme has a strong citrus in the top notes, and while it is pleasant, it doesn't seem congruent with the rest of the fragrance development. Ultimately, though, they are both well made, and any choice will probably will just come down to taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    I tested it today for the first time. My initial impression is that I prefer Infusion d'Iris. Infusion d'Homme has a strong citrus in the top notes, and while it is pleasant, it doesn't seem congruent with the rest of the fragrance development. Ultimately, though, they are both well made, and any choice will probably will just come down to taste.
    I purchased Infusion d'Iris in Charlotte, NC yesterday. Pretty much an impulse purchase (I had 30 minutes to make it to the airport) and in retrospect, I *almost* wish I'd bought Infusion d'Homme. Almost, not because it's better than IdI, but because I think I would wear it more often since it less powdery and more masculine. As Asha said, they're both good. So why did Luca Turin give IdI only two stars? Seemed a bit stingy to me.
    Last edited by Snafoo; 27th October 2008 at 12:36 AM.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

While I like IdI and IdH, the latter I find more casually wearable, I still think they both pale in comparison to their immediate ancestor, the wonderful Prada Amdber PH.

I'm curious: for those who prefer either over Prada Amber, why is that?
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 27th October 2008 at 12:50 AM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

I can't stand amber ph. I love the womens version, for a woman. I love Infusion D'Homme as it is my sotd.

What can't you stand about Amber PH? The decidedly feminine opening? I find they all dry down to a somewhat similar base, but I think amber's base is by far the richest and most satisfying, while still remaining relatively light. It's one of the most satisfying bases I've come across.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Prada amber is absolutely gross my friends!infusion is genious. Its my scent of the season! I'm wearing this exclusively! So clean and luxurious. Can't wait to get the shower gel. I'm a sucker for comforting clean scents this smells a little like lacoste pour femme. Both have baby like qualities.
    Last edited by blacklibran1; 27th October 2008 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snafoo View Post
    I purchased Infusion d'Iris in Charlotte, NC yesterday. Pretty much an impulse purchase (I had 30 minutes to make it to the airport) and in retrospect, I *almost* wish I'd bought Infusion d'Homme. Almost, not because it's better than IdI, but because I think I would wear it more often since it less powdery and more masculine. As Asha said, they're both good. So why did Luca Turin give IdI only two stars? Seemed a bit stingy to me.
    This is the same man who gave Secretions Magnifique 5 stars...what more need I say? I definitely don't agree with him on many of his ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    This is the same man who gave Secretions Magnifique 5 stars...what more need I say? I definitely don't agree with him on many of his ratings.
    re: Turin's ratings, I agree with him within a margin of error of +/- 2 stars...
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

Let's not get into a Turin debate here.

I'm wearing Prada Infusion d'Homme today and so far I don't like it. It's not as powdery as other iris heavy frags I've tried, namely Dior Homme. It remnds me of the saturated soapy aura of Prada Amber pour Homme mixed with iris. It just feels very discordant.

The opening is pretty good and right now I'm only at the heart. Waiting for the drydown.....

I tested it after the last string of posts on it so I didn't get to weigh in. I like it... The reason why is because it plays with texture in a really interesting way. For some reason all iris fragrances have this texture in my "nose" or of powder but that has had a little water dropped on top so as to cause a smooth, thick whiteness. This fragrance also to me, smells more like certain fine soaps than anything I can remember smelling ever: the kind of soap people keep wrapped up and never use and set them on top of the toilet I respect it a lot because it doesn't remind me of anything else besides it's slightly older sister Infusion d'Iris. I enjoyed both but if I were to buy one this would be it. Though the frankincense is among the base notes, I smelled it right there at the beginning. As a side note, I never know whether packaging affects my interpretation of a fragrance or if some genius of packaging out there knows how to tap in the the general populace's mental idea of what the color of scent is, but when I smell Infusion d'Homme I see the off-white cap color exactly.
    Last edited by nthny; 27th October 2008 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nthny View Post
    I tested it after the last string of posts on it so I didn't get to weigh in. I like it... The reason why is because it plays with texture in a really interesting way. For some reason all iris fragrances have this texture in my "nose" or of powder but that has had a little water dropped on top so as to cause a smooth, thick whiteness. This fragrance also to me, smells more like certain fine soaps than anything I can remember smelling ever: the kind of soap people keep wrapped up and never use and set them on top of the toilet I respect it a lot because it doesn't remind me of anything else besides it's slightly older sister Infusion d'Iris. I enjoyed both but if I were to buy one this would be it. Though the frankincense is among the base notes, I smelled it right there at the beginning. As a side note, I never know whether packaging affects my interpretation of a fragrance or if some genius of packaging out there knows how to tap in the the general populace's mental idea of what the color of scent is, but when I smell Infusion d'Homme I see the off-white cap color exactly.

as always, a opulent and smooth review!! Thnx Nthny! pls keep em coming. i love my Dior Homme and i swear by my TDC Bois d'Iris, i wudnt hesitate adding this gem to the fold! once again, Thnx Nthny!!

Am I missing something here? the iris in this is barely perceptible, and the "clean soapy" note nearly overpowers the entire composition. Imagine Gendarme overdosed on the laundry detergent accord with a dash of iris thrown in to conform to current trends..

It does smell like soap though.
    -

A large portion of that clean soapy note is a thick and faintly woody iris note. It's not the same iris that's in GIT, for instance, which is of the sweeter, sugary variety. I get predominant iris notes from the opening through the heart on this one. I think a musk called Nirvanolide may be contributing to the soapy effect too, as it was definitely in the listed notes of Prada Amber, and there is a unique note in all three of these offerings from Prada. As far as I know, Nirvanolide is a newer musk that hasn't gotten much play commercially yet.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    A large portion of that clean soapy note is a thick and faintly woody iris note. It's not the same iris that's in GIT, for instance, which is of the sweeter, sugary variety. I get predominant iris notes from the opening through the heart on this one. I think a musk called Nirvanolide may be contributing to the soapy effect too, as it was definitely in the listed notes of Prada Amber, and there is a unique note in all three of these offerings from Prada. As far as I know, Nirvanolide is a newer musk that hasn't gotten much play commercially yet.
    Lets compare iris notes then. We have the powdery type as in Iris Poudre, Dior Homme, and to a lesser extent, Bois d'Iris. Then theres the more raw, greener variety found in No. 19, Iris Silver Mist, and a few others. What kind of iris is at play in Infusion d'homme? As you said, faintly woody is right - the iris is not very evident to my nose in 'homme.
    -

Well, I think it's a hybrid mix of notes - likely some synthetic iris notes (not sure how those smell) along with some C02 extract, which is woodier and has a sort of creamy texture to it. Bonus for the perfume house: the C02 extract is cheap. Further, I think it is interminably intertwined with the neroli note in the opening, and I have a feeling some people are perhaps slightly anosmic to the iris chemicals used, or perhaps overly sensitive to the neroli (or vice versa), and hence why some describe it as neroli heavy, and others iris heavy. Neroli alone is actually a lot woodier than some people realize - lower quality neroli being even woodier and closer to petitgrain - and I think the neroli/iris combo, along with the iris used, keeps it behaving as it does.

I think it's a fairly similar accord to the iris/petitgrain opening in Les Nez's Unicorn Spell - although in that one the petitgrain IS dominant at first and combined with the iris and moreso the opening green blast of some natural violet, gives the 'green been effect.' After that fades though, the texture of the iris is similar to Infusion D'Iris, although less soapy.

But pure neroli smells like the opening of Fleur Du Male (a woody neroli), or Neroli Sauvage (sort of). There's definitely a large dose of iris at play in Infusion, although it's not an iris note that most people have seen before because, as you've said, most of the iris notes in other frags are powdery, sweet or rawer than this (another raw/rooty iris note can be found promininelty in Iris Bleu Gris).
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 28th October 2008 at 08:24 AM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Um.... Let's just enjoy this masterpiece instead of picking it apart and comparing the different types of neroli or niche fragrances blah blah. For once on this forum let's just leave it at .."Wow! Its a fantastic fragrance! "Way to go prada"! Lol sometimes we get so caught up in the behind the scenes of a fragrance, that we don't stop and smeel the roses per se. I'm so fortunate that finally I have a scent that I genuinely look forward to wearing. Instead of being force fed all this damn stinky niche bullsh*t and so called classic scents that we are suppose to love. To each their own yes, but come on kouros! I've smelled baby diapers more frgrant than that. No trying to start a fight here. Just want to make our fragrant world a happier place. Prada por vida

Well, as a perfumer, I can't but help myself in trying to break down a fragrance into its component parts and seeing what makes it tick. And, subjectively, I find Infusion d'Homme to be nice but not nearly as rich or deep as Prada Amber, and I've been trying to pinpoint what differences there are that make the latter so much more enjoyable than the former for me.
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 28th October 2008 at 08:27 AM. Reason: typing too fast.. haste makes waste
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Well, I think it's a hybrid mix of notes - likely some synthetic iris notes (not sure how those smell) along with some C02 extract, which is woodier and has a sort of creamy texture to it. Bonus for the perfume house: the C02 extract is cheap. Further, I think it is interminably intertwined with the neroli note in the opening, and I have a feeling some people are perhaps slightly anosmic to the iris chemicals used, or perhaps overly sensitive to the neroli (or vice versa), and hence why some describe it as neroli heavy, and others iris heavy. Neroli alone is actually a lot woodier than some people realize - lower quality neroli being even woodier and closer to petitgrain - and I think the neroli/iris combo, along with the iris used, keeps it behaving as it does.
    Yes I think its a newer synthetic iris molecule that is utilized here. The woodiness could also be due to cedar and I think galbanum is also in the formula for a light green effect.
    -

Blog Entries

HDS1963: Thanks for your comment about Prada Amber with a mist of Hermes Hiris. I tried it and it is wonderful.

Why does no one mention this? Because much like the Khmer Rouge, the Chinese Cultural Revolution and the Holocast, it's an atrocoity we'd rather forget. As I mentioned in my review, it's the most noxious cologne I've ever smelled, basically Eau de Cheap Bathroom Mall Soap...you know, the antisceptic stuff that pumps out of public lavatories...ugh...god let's not even mention it's name it may be mistaken for support. Hopefully it's discontinued.

Not a fan of this one at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisdeSod View Post
    Why does no one mention this? Because much like the Khmer Rouge, the Chinese Cultural Revolution and the Holocast, it's an atrocoity we'd rather forget. As I mentioned in my review, it's the most noxious cologne I've ever smelled, basically Eau de Cheap Bathroom Mall Soap...you know, the antisceptic stuff that pumps out of public lavatories...ugh...god let's not even mention it's name it may be mistaken for support. Hopefully it's discontinued.
    I don't recall any scent reviewed on Basenotes compared to the "Holocaust" before!
    I am not Armenian or Jewish, but I think this comment may have crossed a line.

Not a fan of the massive soap smell either.

Quote Originally Posted by blacklibran1 View Post
    Um.... Let's just enjoy this masterpiece instead of picking it apart and comparing the different types of neroli or niche fragrances blah blah. For once on this forum let's just leave it at .."Wow! Its a fantastic fragrance! "Way to go prada"! Lol sometimes we get so caught up in the behind the scenes of a fragrance, that we don't stop and smeel the roses per se. I'm so fortunate that finally I have a scent that I genuinely look forward to wearing. Instead of being force fed all this damn stinky niche bullsh*t and so called classic scents that we are suppose to love. To each their own yes, but come on kouros! I've smelled baby diapers more frgrant than that. No trying to start a fight here. Just want to make our fragrant world a happier place. Prada por vida
    +1,000! Great post, mate!

I love the female version (very underrated) but the male version smells very similar - but slightly weaker and soapier and I've never felt tempted to buy it.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Not a fan of this one at all.
    Wrong country of origin?
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Sur la Plage

I think it is an excellent fragrance - one of the best designer releases from the last decade IMO. Also the ancillary products are fantastic as well (shower gel, after shave balm, etc.).
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

+1. One of my favorites, great shower gel and soap also. It is easy to wear and lasts forever. Pick up a 13.5oz (or 25.5 oz) it's a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I think it is an excellent fragrance - one of the best designer releases from the last decade IMO. Also the ancillary products are fantastic as well (shower gel, after shave balm, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post

Gosh petruccjc, every time you say things like that I end up buying the bottle. Good thing it doesnt happen that often ... And now you dmarino67.

I crave a pleasant soapy. Was at Marshalls and almost bought it yesterday but 54.99 ??? at Marshalls ?? I MUST HAVE IT !!

If you like it I would recommend fragrancenet. With the 15% off coupon you can get the huge bottle for a bargain. All you'll need is an atomizer.

That is some big bottle 25.5oz. I sniffed it yesterday only for a second, its one that I will have to wear. I have a strong feeling that I will take to this one being a soapy fan.

Blind buy 25.5 OZ lol. Im losing it.

I always suggest sampling. I bought the "set" that had the 13.5, soap, shower gel etc. I wear it often.

One of the best designer scents.

A real valuable gem, unlike that fake gold ingot if you see what I mean.
    Last edited by Le critique de parfum; 4th December 2011 at 11:14 PM.

Infusion d'Homme is excellent! A very wearable fragrance, with a unique clean character. I'm on my second bottle. I agree about the shower gel, very nice.
    Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good.

Dependent

In love with this one. The soapy, clean smell is what I love to chase after

Oh good god. I have passed this one up so many times in the stores its not even funny. The citrus opening is what turned me off I suppose, aside from never reading a thing about it here on BN. Need to give this one a wear or two, but I guarantee its right up my alley.

Um.... Let's just enjoy this masterpiece instead of picking it apart and comparing the different types of neroli or niche fragrances blah blah. For once on this forum let's just leave it at .."Wow! Its a fantastic fragrance! "Way to go prada"! Lol sometimes we get so caught up in the behind the scenes of a fragrance, that we don't stop and smeel the roses per se. I'm so fortunate that finally I have a scent that I genuinely look forward to wearing. Instead of being force fed all this damn stinky niche bullsh*t and so called classic scents that we are suppose to love. To each their own yes, but come on kouros! I've smelled baby diapers more frgrant than that. No trying to start a fight here. Just want to make our fragrant world a happier place.
    good call!

Prada por vida
    LoL ..
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garšons man 2

Comparing Infusion d'homme to the holocast? ok maybe a tad hyperbolic, but I was trying to make a point. The praise this vile creation gets is a testament to the power of branding over sense (or scents as the case may be). This fragrance is not unlike those hideously branded Louis Vuiitton bags that in a few years we'll look upon with the same embarassment we now have over Tommy Hilfiger hoddies, Gucci Bling sunglasses or Juicy Couture sweatpants. *Sigh* another example of people shopping for brands rather than asking the question "does this stuff smell good?"

I like idh very much, and find it to smell wonderful. It's actually very unique and innovative for a recent designer fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisdeSod View Post
    Comparing Infusion d'homme to the holocast? ok maybe a tad hyperbolic, but I was trying to make a point. The praise this vile creation gets is a testament to the power of branding over sense (or scents as the case may be). This fragrance is not unlike those hideously branded Louis Vuiitton bags that in a few years we'll look upon with the same embarassment we now have over Tommy Hilfiger hoddies, Gucci Bling sunglasses or Juicy Couture sweatpants. *Sigh* another example of people shopping for brands rather than asking the question "does this stuff smell good?"
    Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good.

How anyone could dislike ID'H is beyond me. There is nothing offensive about this fragrance whatsoever.
    It's a clean, invigorating soapy heaven and most of all, I look forward to wearing it, not to mention the solid longevity and projection.

In terms of the 'power of branding', what branding/marketing has there been for ID'H??
    I stumbled upon this little gem by chance, but I haven't ever seen a single advert on TV, magazine or even online to tempt me to buy this one.
    In fact, every time I visit a fragrance store, ID'H is more often than not out of view, either on the bottom shelf, or hiding in a corner somewhere, unlike PAPH which is plastered everywhere I look and strategically placed at eye level each time I spot it.

In terms of the bottle/packaging branding, it's almost non-existent. A plain box, with an even plainer, simplistic bottle, nothing eye catching at all (my mind drifts to 1 million with gold brick outlandish bottle and mind trance ad campaign).

As blacklibran1 said, let's just enjoy this for what it is - a masterpiece and quite possibly the ultimate office/work scent...

This thread is HILARIOUS based on blacklibran and Marquis's posts! Literal laugh out loud x 2.