Code of Conduct

Default CERRUTI POUR HOMME - Anybody still loving it ?

I recently was lucky enough to receive a miniature of the original 1979 release . (( thanx Anthony ))
    I instantly fell in love with it and have been mesmerized by it for the past month . Its different to anything else I have tried .
    Im curious to know if any of you here are still using * loving this one ?
    Also very important is have any of you found something similiar or just as good or better because this one is very hard to get . (( remember by better I mean a clone thats stronfer ))
    cheers .

PS .. I searched all previous threads on this one & I beleive it deserved a fresh look .

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Post Re: CERRUTI POUR HOMME - Anybody still loving it ?

Absolutely, enjoying it every bit as much now, as I did back in the day.This juice is about as green as one could get, and is blended to absolute perfection.The Florals in this frag. never fail to please. Each, and every time I wear this frag. I feel like a million bucks. When a perfumer creates a fragrance like this, they are absolutely on top of their game. Getting harder, and harder to get. When this does disappear it will truely be a shame.

To answer your question, I have never found anything even close!
    Last edited by Ron199; 27th June 2008 at 01:04 AM. Reason: added comment
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

Default Re: CERRUTI POUR HOMME - Anybody still loving it ?

I bought this in my early twenties (this would have been in the early 80s) when a friend recommended I go and smell it. I loved it instantly and wore it often and remember it as a green floral - very stylish and distinguished, totally unlike the other power fragrances out at the time like Kourous and Antaeus etc. It seemed to belong to a Habit Rouge generation of refined, tailored scents. Am glad this post came up because I have actually been searching through the net for any bottles I could find out there... if anyone has one they want to offload, please PM me! Does anyone know who the nose was behind this fragrance?
    THE BEST OF 2009 to date Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumiere Noire Pour Homme, Cologne Pour Le Soir, Annick Goutal Mandragore Pourpre

REDISCOVERING CLASSICS - AGAIN!:- , Guerlain Derby, L'Artisan Premier Figuier

Question Re: CERRUTI POUR HOMME - Anybody still loving it ?

Are you guys talking about this one?
    No guru, not method, no teacher
    Just you and I and nature

Yep, thats the box and bottle I remember!
    THE BEST OF 2009 to date Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumiere Noire Pour Homme, Cologne Pour Le Soir, Annick Goutal Mandragore Pourpre

REDISCOVERING CLASSICS - AGAIN!:- , Guerlain Derby, L'Artisan Premier Figuier

Ah, then I like it too.

Another discontinued beauty.

I'm a big fan, and I'm down to my last 50ml bottle. Barely wear it. I think it has been a couple years now.

Stuff is peaceful gold. Santeman is right about it having an Habit Rouge quality in the middle of the heavy hitting era (I love the heavy hitters too). I think it belongs with Paco Rabane's Ténéré in style and floral quality. Nothing else really gets close to this one. Sort of belongs to the Halston 1-12 zone too.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

LOVE this stuff. The closest thing I've found to my holy grail. Wish it had better projection and it certainly needs better longevity for my taste.

The citrus & mint in the opening lasts but a few fleeting minutes on my skin. Then the florals in the middle reveal themselves for a little less than an hour. After that, I'm left with something that smells wonderfully coniferous, musky, and something that smells of Catholic church incense. But, alas, it is all gone too soon. I've found nothing else quite like Cerruti pour homme.

Not sure that this is in fact discontinued completely. I read (on another fragrance site) that it is difficult to find outside of Italy, though, and still has an appeal in that country.

I'm fortunate that a small, independent perfume shop in my city still carries it.
    Last edited by Bossa Nova; 27th June 2008 at 04:30 AM.
    Snarky is as snarky does.

The original stuff is grand. The reformulation that recently flooded the market is distinctly inferior. Surprise.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    The original stuff is grand. The reformulation that recently flooded the market is distinctly inferior. Surprise.

Sadly,thats very true. The original remains my all-time favourite (the search for which brought me to Basenotes in the first place ).

I have a few of the "new" ones and a hoard of the older formulation. The original juice is a masterpiece:the florals,the incense,the woods are all created to perfection,I think.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I recently found a full bottle of the original juice, which made it possible for me to give a partial bottle (which I had previously) to a friend who had been searching for this scent without success. I suppose I could have given him the full bottle, but maybe I'm just not that nice a guy!
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Angry Re: CERRUTI POUR HOMME - Anybody still loving it ?

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    Scheiße, I just bought a bottle on eBay. Had no idea this was re-released and reformulated. Damn!

Quote Originally Posted by Domingo View Post
    Scheiße, I just bought a bottle on eBay. Had no idea this was re-released and reformulated. Damn!
    I think it's still very good. It lacks the "oomph" of the older one,in terms of strength,I find.

I wear and enjoy the "new" one,all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Latch35 View Post
    I think it's still very good. It lacks the "oomph" of the older one,in terms of strength,I find.

I wear and enjoy the "new" one,all the same.
    OK, I take your word for it.

Anyway, there's not much else I can do right now than to wait and see for myself how bad they damaged this one.

Its discontinued;almost impossible to find, and if you can find it; its very dusty old stuff out of the past.
    So I bought the new Cerruti PH 2007.Its a complete new release and I think its a quality scent.At least for me.Forget about the old one;this is 2008!

... Yes this is the one .
    I have a mini so I can tell if its original juice or the weaker reformulation .
    I thank all of you who stopped in & said "I still love you Cerruti"
    Can someone with an original & a reformulated bottle tell us all the difference in the bottle or box labels .
    cheers .

SALES

This is stellar juice. It's in my top five, but is further distinguished because there's nothing like it. (Note that I've not smelled R de Capucci - yet).

I recently attended a tony black tie dinner party and this was my call. I have three 50ml backup bottles.

Need I say more?

OK, I got my bottle today. Well, it's not as bad as I feared, but they certainly messed with it. And I think I know what has changed: the oakmoss! They replaced it for treemoss. There may be other slight differences, but this is probably the most important one.

Overall its not bad, but if you can find the older one, you should buy that, IMO.

O and Dimitrios, have you ever heard of another Italian frag called 'Marte Arte' by Battistoni? It's a cross between Fahrenheit and Cerutti, I have a feeling you will like this!
    Last edited by Domingo; 2nd July 2008 at 05:25 PM.

Lats weekend I gave it a fair try to the new one. I couldn't believe: after about 3-4 hours what I mainly felt was a damp fustiness. I applied it on a clean skin. I smelled the paper-strip which I brought with myself - the same unpleasant feeling. Anybody else has similar experience?

I think you may be right, Sandy. I sprayed it on about an hour before I made that previous post, and now it's almost gone already.

Ok Sandy & Domingo ...
    If you have bottles of both the original & reformulated place them side by side and tell us what to look for to tell them apart .
    Domingo , I have Marte Silver and I really haven't explored it yet , more when i do .
    cheers .

SALES

I'm so sorry, but I don't have the original.
    As a non-english speaking native, I looked up in the dictionary the words I used to describe what I felt. Maybe it's not as accurate as it should be, that's why I'm eager to read other people's opinion.
    Last edited by Sandy; 3rd July 2008 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    Ok Sandy & Domingo ...
    If you have bottles of both the original & reformulated place them side by side and tell us what to look for to tell them apart .
    Domingo , I have Marte Silver and I really haven't explored it yet , more when i do .
    cheers .
    Here is an earlier thread that has information on how to tell if it is an original or reformulated version:

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=193662

Quote Originally Posted by Caoleus View Post
    Here is an earlier thread that has information on how to tell if it is an original or reformulated version:

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=193662
    Thanks Caoleus ..
    I read the thread & its seems that the powerful original juice must be made in Italy or France ? ... (( can someone check their bottle ))
    If it reads "made under licence ....... " its reformulated & weak .
    It would be ideal if owners check the fine print to confirm .
    Perhaps also some photographs of the weak stuff so we have a visual record to compare with .
    We can use this thread to add further info & discussion pertaining to Cerruti .
    I only have a 5ml miniature & the juice seems strong , perhaps it is fair to say that all miniatures were made & released when it originally came out ? thus being the good stuff from 1979 .
    cheers .

SALES

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

This is the one I have. Both my current and former bottles were exactly like this one.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

—Seneca

yes Jaime but how about the fine print ?
    Made in Italy
    Made in France
    or " made under licencse ?

SALES

Yep, mine says "made under license" so it's not an original. Unfortunally I don't have an old bottle to compare, but I'm quite sure the original formula lasted much longer. Also the drydown is very different, and this is probably because of the treemoss instead of oakmoss. Don't buy this guys, it's not worth it.

@ Dimitrios, I don't know that Battistoni Silver, mine is called 'Marte Arte' it's opening is a lot like Dior's Fahrenheit, but less harsh.

[edit] That new one is made in the US by Coty!
    Last edited by Domingo; 3rd July 2008 at 09:06 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Sorry it took me so long to check, but my current bottle says "Made in France" on the bottom. Hope that clears something up for somebody! It sure doesn't seem reformulated or weak. The partial bottle I used to have and gifted when I got the new full one went to a friend who is very knowledgeable about perfumes (he's in the business), and he was really excited to get it and wear it, so I have every reason to believe that it's the real thing too, at least by him!
    Last edited by JaimeB; 4th July 2008 at 05:25 AM.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

—Seneca

Thanks Guys ...
    All of you responded like true champions to the cause of smelling nice !
    Its quite clear that the primo juice is the original juice "Made in France"
    The current release circulating reads .."Made inder Licence " and is inferior .
    Lets all keep loving this liquid !! its devine .

SALES

Glad I turned you onto a new favorite Dimitri
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Anthony ,, its liquid gold !! .... and I only say that for a handfull of frags .

SALES