Code of Conduct
Just Starting Out Sponsor

Default Chocolate scents

I´m planning to buy one of those as a gift to my wife... She has not gourmand scents in her collection and days ago she told me she would like a chocolate-type scent as her first gourmand scent...

Which of the two you like most? Which one has greater longevity?

Thanks!
    Last edited by glovesg; 27th June 2008 at 03:10 PM.

Default Re: Adding some chocolate to my collection.... CHOCOLOVERS or AMOUR DE CACAO?

My vote is with Amour de Cacao!

Its a fab chocolate - more like white-choc-chip chocolate 'Subway' cookies! Awesome persistance too (5 or 6 hours on me). This has made me hungry..... *looks for food*

Red face Re: Adding some chocolate to my wife´s collection.... CHOCOLOVERS or AMOUR DE CACAO?

I haven't tried the former but I found Amour de Cacao to be lovely and warm without overwhelming.

Default Re: Adding some chocolate to my wife´s collection.... CHOCOLOVERS or AMOUR DE CACAO?

I don't know either one of them. I just wanted to say that I am envious of your wife's having a husband who takes an active interest in her fragrance wardrobe. My husband has no interest in perfume at all. He does tell people that I have a perfume hobby, like when I was learning about wine and trying all kinds of new ones. I think he thinks I'll get over it one day.

Default Re: Adding some chocolate to my wife´s collection.... CHOCOLOVERS or AMOUR DE CACAO?

Oh man! You gotta get her Serendipitous! All others fall by the wayside. (Course - I've never experienced the two you mentioned! :heads for TPC: )
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

I have tried most every chocolate scent there is, I'm gonna go with YR Neonatura Cocoon, my personal favorite with cocoa, vanilla and patchouli or Lagniappe Oaks Jazelle - belgian chocolate, orange and spice. For really chocolately, dragonflyblue chocolate truffles sampler. Serendipitous would be next,but it's more like hot cocoa with marshmallows.

Amour de cacao smells like cocoa puffs and chocolovers like fake chocolate and cotton candy and doesn't last. If you are set on these two have her try them first. In theory chocolate sounds great, but it's really hard to find one that really works. I miss the Fresh chocolate scents - Lucia, Manon, forgot the name of the other one - they were actually really good, but sadly Fresh has gotten rid of most it's scents over time.
    Currently wearing: Farnesiana by Caron

Quote Originally Posted by Sirena View Post
    I haven't tried the former but I found Amour de Cacao to be lovely and warm without overwhelming.
    Ditto that

Between the two, I definitely recommend Amour de Cacao, although I do get a little bit of the cocoa puffs note.

Jacona's suggestion of Yves Rocher Neonatura Cocoon would be my top pick. I discovered it this past winter and couldn't get enough... chocolaty, grown-up, and very long-lasting, without smelling like a Hershey's bar. Yves Rocher offers very generous "Try-Me" sizes from their website.

The other one I recommend is Dawn Spencer Hurwitz' Piment et Chocolat, which is a chocolate gourmand with a bit of pepper:

Top notes: Black Pepper, Paprika, Pimento Berry, Red Chili
    Middle notes: Cinnamon Bark, Clove Bud, Nutmeg
    Base notes: Cocoa Beans, Dark Chocolate

After being disappointed by so many cocoa-puff perfumes, I was bowled over by this one. Dawn Spencer Hurwitz also offers individual samples or sampler packs on her website.

Montale Chocolate Greedy..........Edible!!

Emma

Smile Re: Adding some chocolate to my wife´s collection.... CHOCOLOVERS or AMOUR DE CACAO?

A second BIG thumbs up vote for SERENDIPITOUS which is the signature scent, I believe, of the famous ice cream parlour Serendipity 3 in NY. It's a GREAT scent and not too pricy, and really chocolatey. It's my favorite chocolate, in fact and it's at luckeyscent. I find Neonatura Cocoon is a terrific fragrance, at an awesome price, but doesn't have the cocoa-centric thing going on. I also love Eau de Cacao by Coppeneur (a maker of pricey chocolates--I've never tried their edibles), which I got as a sample at luckyscent. Unfortunately they no longer carry, but you might be able to find by Googling. It's very very good.

I would say Amour de Cocao for sure!! This is one of my all time favorite scents, its hard not to like this one. Very sweet and yummy, when you smell this one on her you might be tempted to take a bite! You can't go wrong with this one, and it can be found online at discount prices, try scentiments.com, she'll love it!

Basenotes Member

I have Chocolovers and adore it, when I first spray is a little to much hazelnut nutella smell, but after a few minutes became softer, and the best part is when I smell my clothes next day, it's so sensuous and beautiful.
    Chocolovers has been discontinued and I can find still in the net for a very good price, I would get this one first, for this reason and then get the niche ones. Good luck.

Basenotes Institution

He probably found something for his wife right then, over 3 1/2 years ago.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    One would hope.....
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I'm also looking for a chocolate smelling perfume. Some ask me y would I wanna smell that way? I answer...cause I do. I have on my wish list chocolovers and amour de cacao also. I'm gonna eventually try both.
    "A journey of a thousand miles must
    begin with a single step."

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Ha Ha Ha ,You are absolutely right, I never paid attention to the date. Well it's never too late to add this beauty to her collection.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee79 View Post
    I'm also looking for a chocolate smelling perfume. Some ask me y would I wanna smell that way? I answer...cause I do. I have on my wish list chocolovers and amour de cacao also. I'm gonna eventually try both.
    Lee79

Chocolovers is not a very expensive perfume in the net, you shoul buy this as soon as possible because will dissapear as is been discontinued but Amour de cacao is still in production, this one is in my list too, as I love chocolate perfumes.

Talking Re: Adding some chocolate to my wife´s collection.... CHOCOLOVERS or AMOUR DE CACAO?

Quote Originally Posted by rafaela View Post
    Lee79

Chocolovers is not a very expensive perfume in the net, you shoul buy this as soon as possible because will dissapear as is been discontinued but Amour de cacao is still in production, this one is in my list too, as I love chocolate perfumes.
    Rafaela, I have been looking everywhere for aquolina chocolovers and I already can't find it anywhere, and the places I have found it want 130 dollars for it?!! I was thinking...I want it, but not that much!! LOL!
    "A journey of a thousand miles must
    begin with a single step."

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee79 View Post
    Rafaela, I have been looking everywhere for aquolina chocolovers and I already can't find it anywhere, and the places I have found it want 130 dollars for it?!! I was thinking...I want it, but not that much!! LOL!
    LEE

I found it in a site called "Perfumestore.co.nz" as I'm in New Zealand, and was extremelly good price and I just look and they still have it, but I'm scared to order again because it took almost 3 month for me to get my order, but as is not that expensive I think I'll try again to reestock as I love Chocolovers.

Basenotes Junkie

Default Re: Chocolate scents

Can someone explain the difference between cocoa and chocolate and what smells better?

Quote Originally Posted by Vince23heat View Post
    Can someone explain the difference between cocoa and chocolate and what smells better?
    Well..basically it's the same thing..only that cocoa would be the "raw material" chocolate is made of..
    So I guess, in perfumery, if a frag says it has notes of cocoa, it would smell more..well..raw..and less sweet,more earthy and woody. And "chocolate" notes..well..you know..sweeter and more edible...if that makes any sense!
    What smells better?Depends on what you're looking for..

Les Senteurs Gourmandes Vanille Chocolat is another good one for future chocolate lover purchasers.