Code of Conduct

Thread: Jil Sander Sun

Smile Jil Sander Sun

Do you ladies love or hate this scent. what are your opinions?

Default Re: Jil Sander Sun

i loved it in the eighties/nineties, now i merely like it. have to admit, i bought a small bottle on impulse after my cousin mentioned sun over breakfast. i rarely wear it.

I like this scent, it is so sweet but still spicy and little powdery. It slightly reminds me of She ( the gold one) from Armani. I have a small bottle of Sun, i don not wear it often, only sometimes on weekends or for some casual occasions but it always makes me feel fresh and sunny:-) It also gets positive reactions from men.

They're promoting this so heavily in Germany right now I thought it was a new release! It's a heavy, sweet oriental, not what you'd expect from the name. I know Luca Turin trashed it, but I kind of like it. But for that same sweet vibe I prefer Cacharel's Gloria, discontinued, but still around.

I did some comparative testing of this against Estee Lauder's Bronze Goddess a few weeks back, when I was feeling tempted to buy a summer 'sun' fragrance. (I didn't in the end.) This has a very nice drydown and lasts very well as a close-in skin scent. I was surprised by how oriental it is and liked it a lot. Just not enough to buy it. (But then, I'm deliberately trimming my wardrobe and trying to avoid buying anything that I'm not desperate for - I am holding a bottle of Creed's Virgin Island Water out as my personal 'carrot' and my overdraft is the very painful 'stick'!)
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729