Code of Conduct

Default Byredo Green = Gypsy Water - ???

So I got two scents from the new line ByRedo, Green and Gypsy Water, and to my surprise they smell absolutely identical.

Due to the notes indicated at the website, both bottles (although labeled with Green and Gypsy Water) seem to contain Green. I smell lily, orange blossom, jasmine, but no hint of juniper berries or pine.
    Does anybody here have experience with these scents? Are they so similar you could easily mistake them, or did there simply happen some kind of wrong labelling at Byredo? Btw, the color of both is the same, too (a pale green).

I'm planning to contact the company, but before, I wanted to obtain an opinion from you competent experts here who may have already tried them.

Btw, the scent is utterly beautiful!

Thanks in advance
    Gerald

Default Re: Byredo Green = Gypsy Water - ???

Hi Gerald, I sampled this line also and I'm quite sure you got a mislabeled bottle for Gypsy Water, for this one is not pale green but a bit yellowish.

I liked Gypsy Water better, btw, but my favorite of the three I tried is Chembur. Might buy this one later this year as I find it more suitable for the fall.

[EDIT] Found a picture so you can see it for yourself.

It seems that Chembur is the yellowish one I mentioned earlier, Gypsy Water is even lighter.
    Last edited by Domingo; 28th June 2008 at 11:35 AM.
    No guru, not method, no teacher
    Just you and I and nature

Thanks Domingo, that helps!!
    Kindly
    Gerald

OK, I've sent the bottle back to Colette and this was their answer:

"We've checked with both fragrances Gypsy Water and Green. To us there is a tiny difference between both and we've compared your Gypsy Water to the rest of the stock and it's exactly the same fragrance."

Though I wasn't able to detect even a tiny difference, I'll take the bottle back; as I like Green very much, I have a bottle in stock now ;-)

I had to kick this thread, because just a minute ago remembered talking with you about this one.

Gerald, I don't know if you're still around, but they are either lying to you, or else they got the wrong bottles from the manufacture themselves!

I have samples of all of these, and Gypsy Water and Green are NOT the same at all! They don't look the same and they sure not smell the same!
    No guru, not method, no teacher
    Just you and I and nature

Basenotes Institution

I smelled both about four months ago, and I remember them smelling different.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Morning Star

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I smelled both about four months ago, and I remember them smelling different.
    Agreed. I tried the entire line at Barneys recently. Green and Gypsy Water smell completely different. And Gypsy Water is one of the lightest colored fragrances in this line, if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Domingo View Post
    I had to kick this thread, because just a minute ago remembered talking with you about this one.

Gerald, I don't know if you're still around, but they are either lying to you, or else they got the wrong bottles from the manufacture themselves!

I have samples of all of these, and Gypsy Water and Green are NOT the same at all! They don't look the same and they sure not smell the same!
    I got the mail address of a someone directly at Byredo and will contact her, maybe she can clear that issue and prevent other Colette online customers from similar inconveniences.