Code of Conduct

Default HAD TO SHARE: photos of my plunder!

Ok, so they're not stolen, but I DO feel like a criminal for having only paid such a tiny amount for my goodies!!

I managed to find a store here in Europe that was selling one last remaining LPNo:9 scented candle at the bargain price of just €20... (the scent, as most here know, has been discontinued for almost 2 years) so, of course I snatched it up!

BUT, when the box arrived, imagine my surprise when opening it - I found enclosed with it, a 50ml tester, and TWENTY full-size samples! All this for €20!!

This now fleshes out my stash! Ive just recently got a 200ml bath oil and sealed 50ml edt thanks to ebay to add to my dwindling supplies. I feel like all my birthdays have come at once!

Blog Entries

Default Re: HAD TO SHARE: photos of my plunder!

Is it really discontinued? I got a sample of it from Penhaligon's directly here in the US not too long ago. Oh well. Unlike you, I wont miss it much! :-)
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Sure is. As of Oct 2006. Its true that one man's trash is another man's treasure!
    And, I might add, that long time BNers here know exactly what this means to me!
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 28th June 2008 at 02:17 PM.

Oooooh that's quite a plunder

Congratulations buddy

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Good score! I have a 50ml bottle that I use sparingly. Probably 80% full so it will last me quite some time.

WOW ! ! !

The folks on Badger and Blade should see THAT !

Basenotes Institution

Everytime I am in a store that stocks Penhaligon's products, I look for LPNO9, because I'm always hoping I can get a bottle for Dimitri. You really do love that stuff don't you? I've never even smelled it myself.

Congrats! I guess good things do come to those who wait.
    "Human interaction can be hell. Or it can be a great spiritual practice."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Blog Entries

Dimitri,
    I do remember seeing it at a store in Houston a while back. I'd be more than happy to get it for you in case they still have it the next time I go.

Blog Entries

Mike,
    I think it is quite nice, but Penhaligon's should have stopped churning anything out after Hammam Bouquet, Duro and Blemheim Bouquet! :-)

LP No.9 smelled too fresh and generic to my nose to keep my interest. I might have to revisit my sample because of Dimitri's infatuation.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Everytime I am in a store that stocks Penhaligon's products, I look for LPNO9, because I'm always hoping I can get a bottle for Dimitri. You really do love that stuff don't you? I've never even smelled it myself.

WHOAH! Congratulations Dmitri... Yes, we do know what a score this was for you! I have to say publically that your love for fragrance in this very special way is delightful. I picture you getting home and saying, "I have to take pictures to put on basenotes and show the guys!!!" And then lining them all up and arranging them for the photo shoot. I LOVE it... I remember when in NYC, at Aedes I saw a sample bottle of it and instantly thought, "I wonder if Dmitri knows??" hahaha...What a great little community we have here.
    Last edited by nthny; 29th June 2008 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mudassir View Post
    Mike,
    I think it is quite nice, but Penhaligon's should have stopped churning anything out after Hammam Bouquet, Duro and Blemheim Bouquet! :-)

LP No.9 smelled too fresh and generic to my nose to keep my interest. I might have to revisit my sample because of Dimitri's infatuation.
    Opus 18-whatever year I can't remember-is pretty good, too. Clove and rose notes. LP#9 starts out with a blast of various citrus notes, but it turns somewhat dark and warmer with clove, cinnamon, vetiver, amber, nutmeg and black pepper. I thought it was almost gothic the first time I sniffed it, dark and mysterious.

What a GORGEOUS photo!! WOW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    Ok, so they're not stolen, but I DO feel like a criminal for having only paid such a tiny amount for my goodies!!

I managed to find a store here in Europe that was selling one last remaining LPNo:9 scented candle at the bargain price of just €20... (the scent, as most here know, has been discontinued for almost 2 years) so, of course I snatched it up!

BUT, when the box arrived, imagine my surprise when opening it - I found enclosed with it, a 50ml tester, and TWENTY full-size samples! All this for €20!!

This now fleshes out my stash! Ive just recently got a 200ml bath oil and sealed 50ml edt thanks to ebay to add to my dwindling supplies. I feel like all my birthdays have come at once!

Blog Entries

Dimitri, this is what I love about basenoters! I showed your stash to my son and his friend, over here this evening playing video games, and we were all laughling like madmen at the heavy haul in your nets. Only the young and the young at heart can appreciate such a thing. Incidentally, I am using these teenagers as my focus group for cologne samples, while secretly teaching them to appreciate fine fragrances.

I note that the Lp in a square looks like it belongs in the periodic table of elements. As a scientist, I am now forced to pursue this scent as well. You have not only brightened my day - you have given me my first discontinued target fragrance. But I will try not to compete for the limited supply, since it obviously means so much to you!!! My target will be one sample to test, and one for posterity.

Dimitri, have you considered turning them into pieces for a board game? Congrats!

Dimitri,

You lucked into 20 sample vials?! How are you liking the oil?
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

Is that you who bought all the remaining LP No9 on the market?!!
    LoL!
    I hope you to enjoy them.
    Last edited by msi_21; 29th June 2008 at 04:31 AM.

You see, this is also precisely why I love this place so much... we can all take pleasure in seeing a fellow member flip their lid over a favorite find! Some of my favorite posts are pics of people's collections and secret stashes (who can forget Griff's phenomenal pics of drawers full of Nombre Noir)!!!?

heres the link:
    http://community.basenotes.net/showp...&postcount=312

Quote Originally Posted by mudassir View Post
    Dimitri,
    I'd be more than happy to get it for you in case they still have it the next time I go.
    Thanks mudassir, - if, next time youre in Houston you can keep an eye open for me, I would appreciate it very much!

Quote Originally Posted by nthny View Post
    I picture you getting home and saying, "I have to take pictures to put on basenotes and show the guys!!!" And then lining them all up and arranging them for the photo shoot. I LOVE it... I remember when in NYC, at Aedes I saw a sample bottle of it and instantly thought, "I wonder if Dmitri knows??" hahaha...What a great little community we have here.
    Guilty. I did think "oh I HAVE to share this with my chums" because I know that you know that when it comes to this scent, I am a bit of a 'spaz'. What I will NOT admit to, is that one of these pics is now my screensaver! Haha!

Quote Originally Posted by argogos View Post
    Dimitri,

You lucked into 20 sample vials?! How are you liking the oil?
    My fellow LP aficionado! Yes, can you believe it? I nearly fell off my chair! I've never seen a LP sample vial, let alone owned one And the tester, that was just GOLD.
    The oil I finally managed to open a couple of nights ago (pesky glass stoppers!)... at first I thought "it smells more dissimilar to the edt than it smells similar", but after 20 minutes I was being followed around the house by the most exotic LP cloud I think I've ever experienced. You're dead right, the oil is something special!
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 29th June 2008 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Added link

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post

Thanks Mike, very nice of you to think of me
    I think if you have an appreciation of Opium PH, then LPNo9 would also float your boat.
    One day, when my LP reserves have dried out, I will be content with Opium as a replacement, though, I might argue "its never going to be quite the same thing".

Edited to add: By the way, I also tend to do what you do... if Im at a flea market or antique store and see some fantastic vintage Guerlain, I immediately worry that perhaps Ulrik (Mr Guerlain) has not got it..... "should I, or shouldn't I?"...
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 29th June 2008 at 06:55 AM.

After recently discovering the Penhaligons range, never had the opportunity to sample Lp though it sounds a little like Opus 1870 which I adore. Another example of a great scent biting the dust? Guess I'll never know.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

This looks to be the score of 2008.....Congrats.
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post

This now fleshes out my stash!
    All I can say is syghkharitiria!

Shivers me timbers, Dimitri! You scored some nice booty .

A cool guy like you deserves it
    Last edited by knightowl; 30th June 2008 at 05:04 AM.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Enjoy!

Cheers,
    Al

Just received this wonderful hand-written note and catalogue from Penhaligon's in Paris.
    They also shipped their very last LPNo:9 samples, as a little surprise!

I'm glad that you found some LPNo:9 in the end, congratulations!

Opa !!

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Oh Dimitri! I'm very happy for you. I too keep an "eye" out for this one for you...just in case. If I know a basenoter really loves a particular scent, I like to tuck that in a little notebook I carry around with me, so If I find a stash I can let them know.
    It's part of being a community, as far as I'm concerned.
    We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men. ~Herman Melville

That is one of the most amazing haul photos I've seen on a perfume site.

Congratulations on your good find; we can totally understand the thrill of this good fortune!

Attack of the clones!
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thι Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!