Code of Conduct

Default fragrances similar to Chopard's Casmir?

Hello forum, this is my first post after many hours spent perusing various threads and fragrance reviews on basenotes. I recently started using Chopard's Casmir, which I love. Could you point me in the direction of similar spicy-sweet oriental fragrances with a vanilla note? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: fragrances similar to Chopard's Casmir?

Organza Indecence come to mind, as well as Emeraude (an old Coty fave, available for pennies, practically, at your local drugstore). I might also recommend searching frags that contain vanilla and sandalwood ~ I'm fairly certain that's what you're picking up on in the Casmir. BTW, welcome to Basenotes!

Thanks so much for the reply and warm welcome! Yes, I agree--that vanilla/sandalwood combination seems to be what is supplying the kick. I will check out the Organza Indecence, thank you!

hi i'm new as well and noticed your post as i also love Casmir

*waves hi to Miss Behavior & Basenotes forum*

have you tried the Serge Lutens line of perfume? lately i adore the Bois de Vanille from that line, very yummy and sensual in a similar sense to the Chopard, imo, a woody vanilla

BN better than ever
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hey, hey, Miss Behaviour :wave: Welcome!

I just did a text search at MakeUpAlley.com, and, in addition to the Casmir reviews, it turned up some comments within reviews for other fragrances where people wrote things like "this reminds me of Casmir" or, "this is how I wished Casmir worked on me." You can rifle through them from this link.

I found Ava Luxe No. 23 (sandalwood, hawthorn blossoms, acacia, rose, Himalayan geranium, lavender, musk) to be similar in some ways to Casmir.

Do you detect a coconut note in Casmir?
    Monarch butterflies require milkweed to prevent extinction

Post Thanks / Like

I was also thinking of Narciso Rodriguez for Her ~ you might like that one too! And YES YES YES to Lutens' Un Bois Vanille! Nice call 3xasif!

*waves* thanks all, I have noted down some of your suggestions and will have fun testing my way through them. Quarry--I do not actually detect the coconut in the fragrance, to me it seems to be masked by the scent of mango (at least in the initial burst). I have thought about playing up the coconut by layering Casmir with a little coconut perfume oil from The Body Shop, which might end up being a bit of a misfire but could be worth a try.

I'm not sure how it compares to Casmir, but Montales Sweet Oriental Dream is another one you may want to try. It's gorgeous, and the sweetness diminishes somewhat in the dry down, leaving a smoky, sexy, vanilla spice. It's one of my top 10.
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

I would also like to add a big WELCOME to the forum. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

Many thanks for the kind welcome!

Post Thanks / Like

Dragonflyblue Angel is very similar, almost an exact duplicate to my nose. SL Douce Amere has something is common with Casmir as well. I think you may enjoy other Chopard fragrances, Mira-bai is a personal favorite, as well as Burberry ones, Burberry original another favorite.

Smile Re: fragrances similar to Chopard's Casmir?

I agree with the previous post about the original Burberry (round bottle, light brown juice). In fact, the same perfume nose created both fragrances. Burberry has peachy/apricot topnotes, followed by amber, vanilla, musk, and cedar. It's very nice, but not as spicy as Casmir. Have fun on Basenotes!

Satellite Ipanema, putatively a tropical, beachy fragrance, has a strong resemblance to Casmir when first applied. Never mind that it smells later of fruity, sugared breakfast cereals, something I for one never associated with a tide pool.

My absolute FAV is Chopard's Casmir. I find the following fragrances are similar to it: Angel by Thierry, Pink Sugar SENSUAL (NOT the regular Pink Sugar) by Aquolina, Cashmere by Donna Karan, L'Eau D'Issey by Issey Miyake, and as others have recommended- Burberry by Burberry. Enjoy your olfactory adventures! I think you will be pleased with these suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like

Geneva, welcome to our forum. Hope you can find it enjoyable and stay.

Chopard Casmir, however, is NOT similar to L'Eau d'Issey (lightyears between Casmir and this fresh acquatic with pickled cucumbers) or TM Angel (strong patchouli-chocolate base) or DK Cashmere Mist (sweet enveloping powder), as it contains fruity tropical vanilla with woody coconut vibe. Among thousands of vanilla-based scents on the market, Casmir stands on its proud own and is a MUST HAVE in any collection. It is fortunately still widely available and affordable (unlike Chopard Mira Bai, which is lighter and fruitier but done in the same vein and using quality materials), so buy it without any reservations.

I know it is an old thread, I just could not keep silent.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Geneva

Chopard Casmir is a combo of warm vanilla +tonka bean+benzoin base notes with a sweet fruity-peachy opening!
    The category is oriental vanilla's !The perfumes that reminds me of this ,are:"L" de Lolita Lempicka,Organza Indecence as mentioned and other sweets vanilla's based as Kenzo Amour Le Parfum (Bronze bottle,not in basenotes database,actually) and "poeme" by Lancome
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Post Thanks / Like

I should agree Sophi.

I really love Chopard Casmir but after wearing Chopard Casmir festival Pink, I prefer this latter. the bad thing is that this flanker was such a limited edition!!!

As Sophi says, for me is vanilla + peach.
    Also it reminds me 'L' de Lolita, and also REVLON fire & Ice a 'drugstore treasure'. If you can find it, get it. So inexpensive and very similar to Casmir.

Also not find any looklike Angel TM or L'eau IM!!!(????)

I have been trolling the internet for a couple of years trying to find places to buy Casmir by Chopard. I've gotten it on Amazon, but here's my question: is it still being produced or am I buying really old bottles? I love love love this scent, can't find anything like it and I'm hoping that it really is still being made and what I'm buying is my old favorite, not some nasty rip-off or dusty bottles. Thoughts? (And thanks for this thread!!!!)

Post Thanks / Like

from GTSB's wife...
    Hello All,
    I know, or I believe to know, the smell of Casmir for having bought it a few years ago. And yesterday, while trying Bottega Veneta, I thought it really resembled something I knew, and it was in fact Casmir. I checked who was the nose behind both and it turns out that it is Michel Almairac for both! Even if each composition is rather different, I've really expericiend an olfactive déja vu when I smelled Bottega!
    Casmir: Top notes: peach, apricot, raspberry,
    middle : carnation, orange mandarin, cinammon
    base: vanilla, benzoin, opoponax, tonka bean.
    Bottega Veneta: italian bergamot, Brazilian pink pepper, Indian Sambac jasmine, oak moss, patchouli and Indian patchouli.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gtsb View Post
    from GTSB's wife...
    Hello All,
    I know, or I believe to know, the smell of Casmir for having bought it a few years ago. And yesterday, while trying Bottega Veneta, I thought it really resembled something I knew, and it was in fact Casmir. I checked who was the nose behind both and it turns out that it is Michel Almairac for both! Even if each composition is rather different, I've really expericiend an olfactive déja vu when I smelled Bottega!
    Casmir: Top notes: peach, apricot, raspberry,
    middle : carnation, orange mandarin, cinammon
    base: vanilla, benzoin, opoponax, tonka bean.
    Bottega Veneta: italian bergamot, Brazilian pink pepper, Indian Sambac jasmine, oak moss, patchouli and Indian patchouli.
    Almairac is the nose behind many Chopard's perfumes included Cabaret ( strong patchouli/rose)...
    Chopard Casmir is very strong in peach,tonka bean,vanilla benzoin and in fact is one of the strongest vanilla based perfumes i know...
    I have not tested Bottega Venetta yet...but is it strong in vanilla or the sweetness of CASMIR?
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Post Thanks / Like

Hanae Mori Butterfly (the edp) is a close match

What tiffingirl said. Hanae Mori Butterfly (edp). Not as much sillage, which to me, is a good thing. Casmir, on me, is delicious, but leaves a wake.