Code of Conduct

Default PI Neo - R U KIDDING ME???

"Matrix has you. Inspired by The Martix movie, and by the virtual world of the future (or already present) times, Givenchy introduced their perfume Pi Neo in September 2008. It was designed by perfumers of the house of Givaudan. According to the designer, the new perfume is not a variation of the Pi theme, but an absolutely independent fragrance carrying an idea of reality revision.

The known fragrancy notes are: mandarin, bergamot, myrrh, cedar and patchouli.

Pi is a mathematic constant often used in mathematics and physics. An irrational number. π can be defined in Euclid's pyramid as a relation between volume and diameter of a circle. π is also known as Archimedes' constant and Ludolf's number. The name Pi denotes perimetros, which means 'to measure around' when translated from Greek.

Givenchy combined Pi with futuristic Neo from Matrix and reached Givenchy's constant: 'to smell well everywhere'! Pi Neo is a new fragrance and it was introduced in 2008."

- Al

When's Allure Bilbo Baggins coming out??? What about CK Potter? Or Eternity Saw (a franchise that sadly just won't die).

Default Re: PI Neo - R U KIDDING ME???

The PI Neo won't appear. It has been renamed to the Play

Blog Entries

Gad. Next thing you know, they'll have Kouros Neopets.

Seriously, I am interested in this scent. However, style-wise, the Matrix is a day late and a dollar short. Pi Ne-Yo would be a bit more current. But we'll see what they do with it. Givenchy Gentleman was my first classy scent. Pi was nice, and the light woody PH was even better (to me), but I want to be wowed again like I was with the original Gent.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    [S]tyle-wise, the Matrix is a day late and a dollar short. Pi Ne-Yo would be a bit more current.
    Agreed, on both parts. BNers will be typical BNers and scoff at Ne-Yo but I'm genuinely intrigued in the man and his act. He's a breath of fresh air in the hip-hop scene and I think he'll go far.

And yeah, just a bit late cashing in on the Matrix thing.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    The PI Neo won't appear. It has been renamed to the Play
    I believe Pi Neo is coming - the company would not make an offical announcement to the press and pull the project.

Play is geared to the younger men (19 -25) group. The whole Pi line is geared to a 30 to 45 year old group that was the idea behind that brand.

Always thought of Pi as a higher class fragrance , not anymore

For all the general scoffing at this product, I like the look of the notes in it. I will certainly sample it at least.

I don't give a toss what it's called as long as it smells good!
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Is there any connection between this and the new Givenchy fragrance that will have Justin Timberlake as its advertising face, which was amply discussed here over the week? The pictured bottle in the ads mimics an Mp3 player, with a painted on 'play' button and everything. This is of course a rehash of Givenchy's 'oblique' line (RWD, PLAY, FFWD) from 2000. I guess the Givenchy marketing folks are just really hung up on this concept....

I'm waiting for Pi Yu-Gi-Oh
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Quote Originally Posted by Azsmells View Post
    I'm waiting for Pi Yu-Gi-Oh
    You mean you missed Pi Pokemon??

I'm with HDS 1963, the name might be silly but the notes sound interesting to me and the original Pi works on me so I'll definitely give it a try when it comes out in the fall.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anak View Post
    What about CK Potter?
    I would buy this in a heartbeat!
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie View Post
    I would buy this in a heartbeat!
    What about... Boss Hogg?
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

I don't like to down a scent before I sample...but this is a little crazy....I don't think I'll be interested in this at all.
    Gary

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post
    What about... Boss Hogg?
    LMAO!!!

Not to be confuse with Boss Pure...

"What? Boss-man's got himself a scent now? Lordie, Lordie, Lordie! Gotta buy me some o' that stuff. Speedin' tickets don't disappear all by theirselves, ya know. Daisy Duke - have we got the modeling job for you!"

Seriously, you're right. The juice is king. If it smells good, all sins are forgiven. Crummy packaging and naming just become part of the legend.

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post
    Is there any connection between this and the new Givenchy fragrance that will have Justin Timberlake as its advertising face, which was amply discussed here over the week? The pictured bottle in the ads mimics an Mp3 player, with a painted on 'play' button and everything. This is of course a rehash of Givenchy's 'oblique' line (RWD, PLAY, FFWD) from 2000. I guess the Givenchy marketing folks are just really hung up on this concept....

PLAY is the one with JT. Pi Neo is the Matrix theme 2 scents 2 lame spokespeople. WHERE IS AUDREY??????????????????

Cheers,
    Al

Blog Entries

If they have Rick Ross as part of the "Boss" lineup, that's when I'd think they've crossed the line.

On second thought, I think that'd be funny as hell.
    Last edited by Hollandaze; 30th June 2008 at 10:06 AM.

How about "Pi Kachu"?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moltening View Post
    How about "Pi Kachu"?
    That's my LOL of the night! I'm signing off! G'nite, mates!

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    I don't like to down a scent before I sample...but this is a little crazy....
    I feel the same way, but I gotta admit, on experience, flankers are generally clueless re-renditions.

I used to like Hugo by Hugo Boss. I will not touch the stuff now because nowadays its piney-patchouli smell is too in-your-face brash for me. Hugo XY is supposedly inspired by the original Hugo, I assume it's a flanker, but they decided to focus on the topnotes of the original and strip a lot of the pine and patchouli out. In this case, they done good.

So I'll definitely try it, but with a bit of caution, as always.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!