Code of Conduct

Default GONE, its all gone.every single bottle.

i recently moved and my cologne collection is no where to be found. i spend over 2 weeks looking tru ECERY bag and came to realize its gone forever. what happened to them? i'd love to know either it was stolen which is doubt or it was mistaken for garbage and thrown away or maybe it was left behind during loading stuff into the van and someone stole it off the sidewalk it was in a h&m bag and i wish i could go back and personally carry the bag in my hand which i should of gone from the start.. either way almost if not over $700 of the 17 bottles i had brought from last November to last month are all gone. this is so depressing!

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: GONE, its all gone.every single bottle.

That's awful. I've had nightmares about this happening to me. Many months ago my house was broken into and the burglars didn't get far (with my alarm), but they managed to sneak in and grab a jewelry box in my closet. When I got home and saw that there had been a burglary, the first thing I did was go to my fragrance wardrobe and make sure it was okay (it was fine).

Hey xclusive - just remember: what goes around comes around. Karma is a bi*ch. Cheer up and do something good for yourself. Like fragrance shopping!
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

OMG!!! I hope that it's just misplaced and that it turns up soon.

That almost happened to me 4 years ago when I moved I shipped my fragrance and the box took 3 weeks to arrive. I was afraid I lost everything. I hope your stuff turns up.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

I'm sorry to read this. I do hope it's just been misplaced and it turns up.
    I wonder if there is any insurance that would cover this? Did you have any homeowners or renters policy? If so, it's worth an inquiry. Did you file a report with the NYPD?

I hope that this is all a mistake.....I feel bad for You....Hope that Your find Your fragrances.....Gary

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Oh Geeze!!!

xclusive I am so sorry. Hopefully you can begin again soon to rebuild your collection.

Rats....
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

I'm so, so sorry. How devastating. I hope they turn up. Sometimes the movers are careless and just throw one box inside another if it will fit, to save room. You should call the movers and report the incident.

D@mn man, that's a tough-@ss break...
    Hopefully, it all turns up.

That without exaggeration is a tragedy of epic proportion!! Reminded me of when I lost my cat a few weeks ago...I found it and I hope you find your fragrance bag too! with the goodies in it ofcourse!

It took some effort to find it on our part and I realize had we not gone out prowling after it we might never have found him..

Banned

well to look on the bright side, at least you can replace them and it's only money, really. it's not like you lost a pet, or clothes that you spent a fortune on...

still WHAT A DRAG my sympathies, and my partial bottle of l'anarchiste, if you want it, can be yours if you pay the postage (things are very tight in brookline right now!)

Sorry, man. I was really sad on your behalf. If we were neighbors, I'd give you some of my frags so you could start over again. There. Did that help?
    Last edited by Bossa Nova; 1st July 2008 at 06:14 AM.
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Sorry to hear that mate. On the brighter side of things, you now have a chance to build a better wardrobe right from scratch.. steering clear of your earlier fragrance mistakes.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Damn. Sorry to hear that! Hope they turn up somehow...

Personally, I've lost 3 bottles (probably stolen) when I was much younger. I almost cried back then!

Thinking back -- I would've given or sold those 3 away today anyway.

On the other hand, my biggest loss was probably when I totaled and flipped my car -- flying off the road at 160kmph-esque and doing a flip in the air. (landing upside down and getting stuck under a car is no fun) I did lose my car, but was happy I'm still alive. How's that related to colognes? I had a bottle and a few vials in my car that day -- and they both cracked.

Anyway, on the bright side, you can rebuild your wardrobe from scratch again -- with new frags and no "mistake buys." A chance to build that "perfect" wardrobe. At least you got rid of A*Men! ... And you can replace that Romance with the much better (IMO) Romance Silver. Etc etc... Or start sampling niche. (I'd recommend trying out woody-spicy-incense like LDDM or Let Me Play the Lion to replace that GPH)

Nevertheless, good luck. And please, wear seat belts no matter how close or far your destination is.
    Last edited by moltening; 1st July 2008 at 07:48 AM.

Twenty years ago, when I moved from New Zealand to Australia as a teenager, I carried my hefty quartz crystal collection in my hand luggage at my feet.

2 years ago, as an adult, when I moved across the planet from Australia to Denmark, I carried my $13,000 vinyl record collection in a case on my lap (yes, for 21 hours).

This is really crap news buddy, and I hate that it has happened to you... but if it means something special to you, KEEP THE BAG IN SIGHT. ALWAYS.

That's really terrible! I really do feel for you and hope that they show up.

I live with the fear of losing my collection every day at the moment as I am going through a vicious and nasty divorce (not on my part I hasten to add). We are still in the same property (I won't move until the finances are settled) and I believe she is capable of anything, including smashing up my 60+ bottle collection. I photograph everything before I leave the house so I will know whether she has been through my stuff or not.

Anyway, good luck and I hope you get them all back.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Oh no! That's terrible! I hope it shows up for you soon!

Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post
    I live with the fear of losing my collection every day at the moment as I am going through a vicious and nasty divorce (not on my part I hasten to add). We are still in the same property (I won't move until the finances are settled) and I believe she is capable of anything, including smashing up my 60+ bottle collection. I photograph everything before I leave the house so I will know whether she has been through my stuff or not.
    Whoa man that's scary stuff!

Could it be that your friends are playing game? If not, I'm sorry about this. It's totally awful when so many bottles are stolen.

By the way, my 2 beautiful scooters (Vespa) were stolen about 10 years ago. I went numb and speechless.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Yikes!
    After you get over the understandable sense of grief, it'll be interesting to see which ones you decide to repurchase.
    Renato

What a depressing thread...

So sorry about your loss. Time to have fun building your collection again!

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

Sorry to hear that man.
    Looking for a sample of Gucci Envy Me.

thanks i really do appreciate the support but at this time its more than likely their never be seen again.
    i know their just bottles of liquid but i loved these things and spend all my spare money on them, im broke right now (less than 20 bucks to my name..) but i will contiune buying when i can again. (what should my new first bottle be? last one was versace eau frachie) im only 17 so i dunno much about home owners insurance and all that lol. no i didnt file a report because chances are that would only be a waste of time. the movers was family, my uncle owns a truck and we packed the stuff in there, so it getting stolen by my cousins is really unlikely lol. i just dont know what happened to them =/

moltening
    haha yes amen is/was the worse smelling shit ever gave me a headache everytime. i wouldnt even use that as bathroom air freshener (no offense at all to those who like it i just REALLY dont) i havent updated the closet since they went down in like jan i dont have some of what u see there anymore lol damn yo that sucks... glad ur ok what type of car was it?

KiatBkk
    nahh they all know ill have to get the ak47 out if one of them did this (joking ;P)

Renato
    haha yea it would, i'd probaly get back most of my old ones (lookup my name in the post a pic of ur scent thread for some of what i had)

HDS1963
    woahh... your wife sounds phycatic (cant spell :P) why not move them into a room and lock the door? (thought she can always break it..) hope every goes ok

mikeperez23
    cyaa yes indeed i hope(if) the bitch who took it gets cancer by next week (:
    anyways once again thanks for the replies and im still hoping though theres a slim chance they'll show up somehow
    Last edited by xclusive; 2nd July 2008 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xclusive View Post

moltening
    haha yes amen is/was the worse smelling shit ever gave me a headache everytime. i wouldnt even use that as bathroom air freshener (no offense at all to those who like it i just REALLY dont) i havent updated the closet since they went down in like jan i dont have some of what u see there anymore lol damn yo that sucks... glad ur ok what type of car was it?
    A*Men is way too flamboyant and overwhelming to be used as an air freshener.

As for the car -- It was my first... Was a '03 Celica VVTL-i. Japanese imported and specced at 190bhp. Oh well. At least it is definitely a "strong" car.

As a side note, there's only 200 here in Thailand because of the hefty taxes here -- so now there's 199 left.
    Last edited by moltening; 2nd July 2008 at 05:59 AM.

damn how are you gonna crash *that* :O was it covered by insurance?

and my first new bottle is 212 men 3.4oz a friend brought it today for me (:

It was on insurance.. so too bad for them..

... and congratulations on a new start!

Once more -- this time with feeling.