Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Basenotes Institution

Default Today I Bought - July '08 Edition

2 Man by Comme des Garcons

I know, I know...

Just an hour into the month of July and here I am buying a fragrance!

I blame petruccijc for the Beautyhabit / CdG announcement thread. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 1st July 2008 at 06:17 AM.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Blog Entries

Default Re: Today I Bought - July '08 Edition

The man is a menace. He forced me to buy Hinoki. Same story. We should send him the bill!

Love the design on that one you've got there. Oh, crap. It's still not midnight, Pacific Time...

Boy, I'll agree with you guys. Got some Kyoto and Hinoki coming my way. If only I hadn't gotten on basenotes and seen that thread, some money would've been safe. Alas, I think it's better this way.
    ♦Wishlist♦

Nasomatto - Silver Musk
    Prada - Prada Man/Amber Pour Homme
    Tom Ford - Oud Wood

A L'Artisan Cap (old or new style)

Clothing + Goodies for sale!

Tom Ford - Bois Rouge

is there anything like perfumeaholics anonymous?

Sur la Plage

Yeah, I'm sure there was a lot of arm twisting that had to be done to make you place those orders - wasn't there mikeperez32, Redneck Perumisto, and Agent Zero

Well if it makes you feel any better, I am my own worst enemy. I am in Chicago for work and was sitting in my hotel room getting ready for bed, when I decided to browse Beautyhabit one last time. I saw the Comme des Garcons 888 bottle on the home page and thought "I don't remember that there before". Then when I started drilling down into it and realized "Oh s**t, they have CdG now!". I looked at the clock and saw it was before midnight and thought "I wonder if the 25% off code still works". So I put something in my cart and put in the code and "voila", it worked! So then my first thought was "I need to post this immediately on Basenotes", which I did.

Then I sat in front of my computer for along time debating on whether I should actually buy something myself. Fortunately (or unfortunately based on however you look at it) I was in Barneys over the weekend and was able to retry Monocle Scent One: Hinoki. The first time I tried it, I thought "Meh, I don't see what the big deal is all about. I just don't get it". Well after I retried it, I got it - the drydown is just absolutely amazing! Even though I had several fragrances on my arms/hands, I was drawn to the place where I had applied the Hinoki and kept sniffing/smelling that area.

So needless to say, I purchased:

I think I need to ask the hotel to block the internet connectivity in my room
    Last edited by petruccijc; 1st July 2008 at 01:54 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I got myself another discontinued frag yesterday .

By dimitrios69

Its in the same league as Giorgio gold !!
    Both of these are new to me and having used Giorgio on 3 occasions so far , I noticed similiarities immediately on my first wearing of Moods ,, ofcourse to my nose they are different enough & the subtle differences are noticeable & I really love that aspect .
    Moods also happens to have sillage & longevity on par or actually better the Giorgio .
    I know this one is very seldom spoken about as are others by Krizia .
    Its a big sleeper that has been discontinued , I can confidently recomend it to anyone that likes rich sophisticated scents with power !! its still around and can be found cheaply .
    Over the past year I have read all threads on Giorgio but nobody ever said this was so similiar but different enough to be a "must have !!

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

I just ordered an 8ml decant of Montale's Sliver Aoud from TPC.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Diptyque Jardin Clos and Philosykos.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    2 Man by Comme des Garcons

I know, I know...

Just an hour into the month of July and here I am buying a fragrance!

I blame petruccijc for the Beautyhabit / CdG announcement thread. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    I had fended off any urge to use the Beautyhabit coupon until I saw the CdG announcement (in fact, I had found them earlier while searching for a fragrance, but they didn't have prices yet!)

So I got the Anbar and the Citrico!
    "Faites des bêtises, mais faites les avec enthousiasme !" Colette

replacement bottle of Terre d'Hermes 100mL
    eyeing off a Tom Ford private blend, TV or TL...
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

Wink Re: Today I Bought - July '08 Edition

Only July First, and I have made my first "blind buy" of 2008:

Aramis Classic Edition.

Tried it tonight, and although I already have the regular Aramis, I am certainly not disappointed to have this. It is very much a mellower, more golden brown version of the standard stuff. Really excellent, but more informed impressions to follow presently.

Blog Entries

I found a surprise at the 99 Cents Only Store near my house. They had the Ferrari shower gels and aftershave balms there. So I got....

Ferrari Black aftershave balm and shower gel
    Ferrari Red aftershave balm (I should have gotten the shower gel too)

F. Black smells good even as an aftershave. I didn't shave when I headed out the door, so I just did it a moment ago. I've never smelled the cologne before, but I've read positive reviews here. So I figured, what the hey, this is stupid cheap. I might go back later to stock up on a few more. =X

Banned

Inspired by the Micallef thread I ordered samples of: Note Vanillee, White Sea, Red Sea, Patchouli, Gaiac, Aoud, Avant Garde.

Also grabbed samples of:
    Escentric 02
    Red Vetyver
    Vanilla Extasy
    Energy C: Lime
    CdG 3

:wave:

Just ordered Vintage Tabarome.

Oh, I should add that I am looking for a gold plated (?) Creed atomizer funnel. I would trade a 99% full bottle of the 1 ounce Hamman Bouquet perfume for the funnel. I would also have interest in a trade of my Tabarome MI (new, 99.9 % full as I await the Tabarome Vintage order which is on its way. I would be interested in Silver MT, Imperial, BdP or GIT for the trade.

Thanks and I am happy to be a new member of this group.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by NEoTY26 View Post
    Inspired by the Micallef thread I ordered samples of: Note Vanillee, White Sea, Red Sea, Patchouli, Gaiac, Aoud, Avant Garde.
    He he he, me too, I got the whole line. Plus L'Oiseau de Nuit from Parfumerie Generale. It has 'liqueur of davana' as a note, can't say no to that.
    No guru, not method, no teacher
    Just you and I and nature

Basenotes Institution

A healthy decant of Iris Silver Mist by Serge Lutens - just amazing stuff...I'm floating in a heavenly cloud of iris.

"You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

I haven't bought anything yet ... yes! Oh wait ... its only the 2nd. : (

but I have my eye on a bottle of Chanel Pour Monsieur edt ... anyone in Europe want to CP me a bottle? Ebay is getting ca-razy!
    Oh please, if everyone around here is going to start telling the truth, I'm going to bed. - The House of Yes

Quote Originally Posted by bront82 View Post

but I have my eye on a bottle of Chanel Pour Monsieur edt ... anyone in Europe want to CP me a bottle? Ebay is getting ca-razy!
    I don't think it will turn out to be much cheaper for you. http://www.parfumerie.nl/parfum-here...ur/cat_10.html

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Frances View Post
    Only July First, and I have made my first "blind buy" of 2008:

Aramis Classic Edition.

Tried it tonight, and although I already have the regular Aramis, I am certainly not disappointed to have this. It is very much a mellower, more golden brown version of the standard stuff. Really excellent, but more informed impressions to follow presently.
    I'm sure glad someone finally bought this stuff - please report back on the boards your comments of it.

Quote Originally Posted by bront82 View Post
    LOL - yeah B, I give you only a few days in July before you crack!!

-- Eckhart Tolle

Eau Fraiche Versace and Z Zegna(from Basenoter) and today...Joop! Nightflight

Blog Entries

Hanae Mori HM Eau de Parfum - another impulse buy. I had tested the EdT from a sample, and loved it. The SA, knowing I tended toward EdPs, pointed it out. The HM EdT is already sickeningly sweet, but the EdP is just mind-boggling! Simply had to have it.

The Different Company - Osmanthus

All aftershaves:
    Aqua Velva Blue
    Pinaud Clubman
    Clubman Vanilla
    Speick

Waiting list:
    Ogallala Bay Rum with Lime and Peppercorns
    St John's Bay Rum Island Spice
    Musgo Real

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    . . .
    So needless to say, I purchased:

I think I need to ask the hotel to block the internet connectivity in my room
    I ordered two (along with SL 5oG) but received an "OOS" email notification on the hinoki - did you likewise?
    Scents are fleeting . . . memories are not. . . .

Last week I picked up Penhaligon's Opus 1870. This week Creed Tabarome. Next week, I'll test out Creed Santal and Bois du Portugal and hopefully round out my rotation.

I haven't picked up this much in such a short period of time since I picked up Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet, Endymion, and Quercus a couple years ago when I went to Vegas to watch Pride 32: the Real Deal.
    Last edited by ionelementz112; 4th July 2008 at 12:56 AM.
    ~ the thoughts and opinions of a 26 year old male whose interests include hip-hop culture, mixed martial arts, and gentlemanly endeavors.

Worth Pour Homme Haute Concentration
    1.7 oz splash for $13.00 at a local frag store

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by zeram1 View Post
    I ordered two (along with SL 5oG) but received an "OOS" email notification on the hinoki - did you likewise?
    No. I actually received a notification that my order has been shipped.

I wonder if they only had a limited stock and there was a "run" on it since people were able to order it with either a 25% or 20% off code?

Did they say they would honor your order when they get it back in stock?
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Lots of sales are still on at the moment.
    Today I bought a 50ml bottle of Gucci Rush.
    Yesterday I bought a 100ml bottle of Silver Shadow and 75ml bottle of Intimately Beckham Night (still smells like Obsession Night to me).
    Renato

Mediterráneo by A. Banderas (50 ml)
    Tomorrow for Him by Avon (75 ml)

I had been having for a pretty long time the huge prejudices about Banderas’ scents, and drugstore/budget scents, in general… then I tried them. I discovered that I do not really like so many of them but that couple of them deserves my attention. Par exemple, I discovered that Mediterráneo goes along very well with my body chemistry. This is my second bottle of that scent.
    I was extremely curious to see what Grant has in his wardrobe. When I had seen Tomorrow for Him in his collection, I was… hmmmm… astonished. Then I read the reviews about it and when I had seen that some BN members which opinions I appreciate quite a lot (CologneJunkie, for example) have a positive attitude about it I decided to try it… and I like it.
    I guess that a Tomorrow’s perfumer adores Lolita Lempicka au Masculin and that a man who designed a bottle for Tomorrow is a huge admirer of Dior Homme’s bottle.
    Last edited by peevish_yolk; 14th July 2008 at 02:43 PM.
    “As if everyone, all over the world, had his daily visually artistic task; the task of being an image for others.” Peter Handke

I bought Azzaro for man today. I am not proud of myself.

The lady asked me if I wanted to give it as a present. I just said "No", but in an awkward way.
    She looked at me straight in the eyes, I just felt like a teenager buying condoms.

I bought it because of you guys. The memories linked to this fragrance are too strong ...
    Last edited by Night; 3rd July 2008 at 07:55 PM.
    L'amour fait songer, vivre et croire. Il a, pour réchauffer le coeur, un rayon de plus que la gloire; et ce rayon, c'est le bonheur. (Victor HUGO)

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    I bought Azzaro for man today. I am not proud of myself.

The lady asked me if I wanted to give it as a present. I just said "No", but in an awkward way.
    She looked at me straight in the eyes, I just felt like a teenager buying condoms.

I bought it because of you guys. The memories linked to this fragrance are too strong ...
    lmao, good comparison. I imagine if I ever decide to get Black Orchid or Infusion d'Iris, I'd be faced with a similarly awkward situation.
    ♦Wishlist♦

Nasomatto - Silver Musk
    Prada - Prada Man/Amber Pour Homme
    Tom Ford - Oud Wood

A L'Artisan Cap (old or new style)

Clothing + Goodies for sale!

Basenotes Plus

I ordered a bottle of Mugler Cologne today.
    I love cologne.

Today I received Boucheron Jaipur Homme EdP in the refillable bottle!!! Another wish fulfilled

So far Caldey Island Lavender Water (although that was late June) and Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte to deal with some serious summer heat .
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Today I managed to find and purchase 2 more sealed 50ml bottles of LPNo9 for Him!

And I also ordered Mukhallat Emirates, which give the Montales Ive tried an HUGE run for their money

Blog Entries

Diptyque Tam Dao.
    Brent

Catherine Deneuve: "You should put scent where you like to be kissed."

C&S Citrus Paradisi today. I'm becoming a C&S junkie. Cuba, Neroli, Frankincense&Myrrh and of course No. 88 are all just soooo good.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Fresh back from Vegas, I had to visit (more than once) the newly opened Barney's at the Palazzo. Came home with:

Serge Lutens - 5 O'Clock Au Gingembre. Instantly fell in love with this and worked surprisingly well in the 115 degree heat.

I Profumi di Firenze - Brezza di Mare. I was a big fan of Creative Universe Mare but that pales compared to this. Much more complex ... wonderful scent.

Frederic Malle - L'eau D'Hiver. This one came completely out of left field. I was there to purchase Bigarade Concentree but within 5 minutes it turned really sour on my skin. Then I sampled Outrageous and thought it was better than it's been trashed around here, but not bottle worthy. Then the SA told me she sells L'eau D'Hiver to a lot of guys so I thought I would give it a shot. Can't really compare this to anything else but I think it's great. This is about as close to feminine as I would ever wear but I feel it's completely unisex.

All in all, a solid three for three.

Damn you, Pettruccijc, here I thought I was safe having "only" bought PdN's Odalisque and Red Flower's Cardamom Amber oil (gorgeous!) on the beautyhabit 25%, and now there's a 20% discount through July with CdG in the mix?!?! Argh!!!

Gentlemen in general, what's the consensus on the original CdG and the 888?

Finally, I posted this on the women's July purchases thread, but since I'm "biscentual" I needed to share on both sides... Combo anniversary present/tax "incentive" blowout -- For the last few days I have been living with my new Neil Morris bespoke fragrance! :bounce:

It was a bit of a surprise to me (sneaky husband, sneaky Neil Morris!) I love it, but I'm not 100 percent sure about it yet, probably because I've never done anything remotely like a custom fragrance before.

Working name is "Bois de Catherine" and to me it evokes walking through a very old, primal woods in early summer and unexpectedly coming across a small camp fire that was probably inhabited just moments before by a lone gypsy woman.

The breakdown of Bois de Catherine:

Top notes: Aldehydes, lettuce leaf, basil blossom, black pepper
    Middle notes: Rose, honeysuckle, plum blossom, hyacinth, lilac, hydrangea
    Base notes: Leather, coffee, myrtlewood, light amber, opium, smoke, cinnamon, teak, vanilla, oak, patchouli, civet.

Surprisingly, this works for me in warm weather as well as (I'm anticipating) in cooler times... Starts off intense and spicy, goes through a lovely woody/floral stage and then lightens to sweet vanillic-woody incense with basil/sand. I am one happy camper. And I betcha a bunch of you guys would smell GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD in it.
    Last edited by ComDiva; 4th July 2008 at 02:47 AM.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by ComDiva View Post
    Damn you, Pettruccijc, here I thought I was safe having "only" bought PdN's Odalisque and Red Flower's Cardamom Amber oil (gorgeous!) on the beautyhabit 25%, and now there's a 20% discount through July with CdG in the mix?!?! Argh!!!

Gentlemen in general, what's the consensus on the original CdG and the 888?

Finally, I posted this on the women's July purchases thread, but since I'm "biscentual" I needed to share on both sides... Combo anniversary present/tax "incentive" blowout -- For the last few days I have been living with my new Neil Morris bespoke fragrance! :bounce:

It was a bit of a surprise to me (sneaky husband, sneaky Neil Morris!) I love it, but I'm not 100 percent sure about it yet, probably because I've never done anything remotely like a custom fragrance before.

Working name is "Bois de Catherine" and to me it evokes walking through a very old, primal woods in early summer and unexpectedly coming across a small camp fire that was probably inhabited just moments before by a lone gypsy woman.

The breakdown of Bois de Catherine:

Top notes: Aldehydes, lettuce leaf, basil blossom, black pepper
    Middle notes: Rose, honeysuckle, plum blossom, hyacinth, lilac, hydrangea
    Base notes: Leather, coffee, myrtlewood, light amber, opium, smoke, cinnamon, teak, vanilla, oak, patchouli, civet.

Surprisingly, this works for me in warm weather as well as (I'm anticipating) in cooler times... Starts off intense and spicy, goes through a lovely woody/floral stage and then lightens to sweet vanillic-woody incense with basil/sand. I am one happy camper. And I betcha a bunch of you guys would smell GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD in it.
    Wow Catherine - you've been captured in a scent? How neat! Sounds quite...mythic. In a good way. Congratulations.

And since you asked - 8 88 is very different from CdG EdP. I think you might like 8 88...but honestly, I don't think it's a safe blind buy.

-- Eckhart Tolle

hey guys today I bought Baldessarini Ambre, and I'm liking it so far. I don't remember who it was on bnotes who was telling me that it smells like boss botteled, I think its more of a hybird of escada and boss. Anyway it smells nice and it was on sale, so I got some.

Guerlain - Habit Rouge and YSL - M7

[QUOTE=mikeperez23;1252589]I'm sure glad someone finally bought this stuff - please report back on the boards your comments of it.

Mike:

FYI, I posted my first impressions of Aramis Classic, which has just slipped to page 2 on this Board.

Banned

Bought a few bottles today

Eau de Toilette by Puro Lino, CDG2 MAN by Comme des Garçons, Series 8: Lime by Comme des Garçons, Avant Garde by M. Micallef

Last edited by teger; 12th July 2008 at 03:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ionelementz112 View Post
    Last week I picked up Penhaligon's Opus 1870. This week Creed Tabarome. Next week, I'll test out Creed Santal and Bois du Portugal and hopefully round out my rotation.

I haven't picked up this much in such a short period of time since I picked up Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet, Endymion, and Quercus a couple years ago when I went to Vegas to watch Pride 32: the Real Deal.
    Just placed my order for Santal.
    ~ the thoughts and opinions of a 26 year old male whose interests include hip-hop culture, mixed martial arts, and gentlemanly endeavors.

Kiehl´s Musk, both edt and oil. Still on a budget after six years in school so something cheap is better than nothing... And I really like these!

(And yes I passed the exam and now I´m an architect! )

Bottle of Paul Smith London and Black XS and 13 samples from TPC

Cool Re: Today I Bought - July '08 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post

And I also ordered Mukhallat Emirates, which give the Montales Ive tried an HUGE run for their money

Hallelujah! At least someone here has seen the light!

I just bought me a 19 ml. bottle of vintage Chanel Antaeus! Keeping my fingers crossed it's still good.

Bois 1920 Sandalo e Thé
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    Today I managed to find and purchase 2 more sealed 50ml bottles of LPNo9 for Him!

There's so many Mukhallats out there - who makes this one? Al Hamarain? I'd like to try it.
    My Wardrobe

These are technically end-of-June purchases but I'm counting them as July's:

Guerlain Angelique Noire
    And three Frederic Malle!: Bois d'Orage, Vetiver Extraordinaire, L'Eau d'Hiver

I'll try to purchase nothing else until Autumn. Good luck, right?

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    C&S Citrus Paradisi today. I'm becoming a C&S junkie. Cuba, Neroli, Frankincense&Myrrh and of course No. 88 are all just soooo good.
    Welcome to the club

Love this bathroom house ..
    -

Raided Marshalls/TJ Maxx again:

Obsession Night for men
    Azarro Pure Cedrat
    Christian Lacroix Tumulte pour homme
    -

Herrera for Men Sensual Vetiver
    Herrera for Men Refreshing Ginger
    Ermenegildo Zegna- Essenza di Zegna Acqua D'Estate (summer version of Essenza di Zegna)
    & also a back up bottle of Versace Black Jeans (I don't ever want to run out of it).

I'm testing the Herreras-- I need more time before I can review them.

The Zegna summer fragrance is pretty nice. I always meant to get a bottle of Essenza di Zegna, but never got around to it-- this summer version is similar but lighter and with mint and cucumber. Not groundbreaking, but very refreshing and wearable on hot days. There's something in it besides the mint that also reminds me of Kouros Cologne Sport Eau D'Ete. The bottle's kind of boring and simple, but I can live with it.

Morning Star

I bought Acqua di Sale by Profumum yesterday,
    ... and Noir Épices by Frédéric Malle today.

I'll be buying another fig fragrance soon, if I can find one I like more than Blu Mediterraneo Fico di Amalfi.
    Last edited by Astaroth; 7th July 2008 at 09:24 AM.

Saturday I bought 1.7 oz bottle of Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta. Don't know what took me so long to get this one. Right up my alley.

I wore it Saturday evening to an outdoor concert (LeAnn Rimes, Sammy Hagar, Keith Urban, Kenny Chesney) and it was very nice indeed. Good Longevity and I got plenty of rose, pepper, and white musk. Yummy!
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 7th July 2008 at 04:15 PM.

Sunday, July 6 I bought

3.4 of Bvlgari Aqva.

Loving it
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    Saturday I bought 1.7 oz bottle of Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta. Don't know what took me so long to get this one. Right up my alley.

I wore it Saturday evening to an outdoor concert (LeAnn Rimes, Sammy Hagar, Keith Urban, Kenny Chesney) and it was very nice indeed. Good Longevity and I got plenty of rose, pepper, and white musk. Yummy!
    Nashville, right? Heck, I wanted to go. We went to Greenhills Mall and then to Cool Springs Friday. Where did you find the AdP?

From a Sales thread, a bottle of Costume National Scent Intense. Blind. I have worn the 21 by CN, and it was a bit sweet.