Code of Conduct

Default Anything similar to flowerbomb?

Hello, ladies!

My brother's girlfriend has recently become enamored with the scent of Flowerbomb, by Viktor and Rolf. The price tag is a bit on the hefty side for her, unfortunately (we are all young and recent college grads). Is there, perhaps, a cheaper alternative that smells similar to it?

Default Re: Anything similar to flowerbomb?

I sampled Flowerbomb one day recently as my scent of the day. It's similar to Angel, although that one is a HUGE fragrance, and Flowerbomb is more tame. Also, it makes me think of Lolita Lempicka (in the purple bottle), although it doesn't have the distinct anise note of Lolita Lempicka. Neither of those is less expensive (not sure). Estee Lauder's Pleasures Delight might be to her liking. I'll report back if I come up with anything else.

Chopard Wish smells extremely similar to Flowerbomb (I actually prefer it) and it's dirt cheap too!

Lilybell's advice is terrific! I think the best bet you have is Lauder's Pleasures Delight...I always refer to it as "Angelbomb"!

Yes do try the Pleasures Delight! Never occured to me about Flowerbomb and Angel... must go compare

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll try to hunt down samples of the ones mentioned.

Scooter, also they can haunt Ebay for it (although be CAREFUL of fraudy perfume idiots) and if you know someone that is flying to Europe there is also the duty free option. My husband brought me my bottle from Jordan on his way back from Iraq-don't know how much he paid but he said it was cheaper than buying it stateside. On the other hand, Flowerbomb Intense was hideously overpriced there and he had that sent to me from Bloomie's as that way was cheaper. Sigh. Just tell them to keep their eyes peeled. I have all the frags suggested in this thread and like them all (well, Angel and I are on the outs right this second) but once the 'Bomb gets it's hooks into you..........you're done for. Happy hunting :-)

I got LaVanila's Vanilla Blossom (the green bottle) and it smells amazingly similar to flowerbomb out of the bottle. Also the fragrance is a healthy fragrance, no ingredients that irritate the skin. You get a 1.7oz (50 ml) for about 56$.
    Last edited by ObscureProtection; 15th August 2008 at 06:45 PM.

I've seen a few comments on other threads that Bath & Body Works Sensual Amber shares some similarities with Flowerbomb. I agree, and I've layered Flowerbomb with Sensual Amber Ultimate Silk Body Lotion (which has a nice subtle glow).

I may be the only person in the world who thinks this, but to me "Carolina" by Carolina Herrera is very similar to Flowerbomb, but lighter.

I just got a sample of L De Lolita Lempicka By Lolita Lempicka (the green bottle) and the lingering scent of Flowerbomb smells like L De Lolita Lempicka out of the bottle. Give it a sniff at your local Sephora. I'm going to try out Lolita Lempicka (the purple bottle) as suggested by lilybelle, thanks =D

Quote Originally Posted by ObscureProtection View Post
    I just got a sample of L De Lolita Lempicka By Lolita Lempicka (the green bottle) and the lingering scent of Flowerbomb smells like L De Lolita Lempicka out of the bottle. Give it a sniff at your local Sephora. I'm going to try out Lolita Lempicka (the purple bottle) as suggested by lilybelle, thanks =D
    My local Sephora is a few hundred miles away. Thats part of the problem

Sorry, I didn't notice that my old thread had been bumped. I will try any of these I can find on my next sample run. I do have a Bath and Body Works store very near me, so I will definitely get down there to try out their Sensual Amber stuff. I have found several sites that offer miniatures of Flowerbomb as well, so a few of those might make a thoughtful and reasonably priced christmas gift.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Big_Scooter; 22nd August 2008 at 06:58 AM. Reason: I forgot to say thanks. My mother taught me better than that :)

HEY! Just got back from a trip to Bath & Body Works...their new scent ~ Black Amethyst ~ is pretty much a replica of Flowerbomb, only the price for a 2.5 oz. spray is $26.50!!!!!

Escada Magnetism is in a similar style. Fruity floral with a spun-sugar quality.

Another place you could look is makeupalley.com ( i think thats the addy(
    It's a big place where you can swap cosmetics and other things, and you could offer to buy it from someone. You search flowerbomb and check the wishlists of the people offering it, pm them and see if you can work out a deal.

It might be a slightly used version of Flowerbomb, but usually you can get a lot of stuff for little there since people want to get rid of it.

Another tip is too look for it at online dealers where you could find a bargain or wait until a seasonal day when they release full bottles with something extra (bodylotion often) that way you'd get more for your buck.

I smelled the new JPG MaDame today on a card. I'd say that is also in the same category. It is like a cross between Gaultier^2 and Kenzo Amour. Super sweet, woody, floral and fruity. It actually was sort of good :P

Flowerbomb was my signature scent for years.......I second the suggestions of Chopard Wish and Sensual Amber from Bath and Body Works.
    WISHLIST: Tokyo Milk Honey & the Moon, Brooklyn Bunny Lettuce
    "Another way to take up more space is to wear perfume. I really love wearing perfume." ANDY WARHOL
    DETROIT RED WINGS: RULING THE HOCKEY UNIVERSE SINCE 1927

In my opinion, Black XS by Paco Rabbane is quite a flowerbomb's rip off. It's not 100% the same. but at least, I found out that they share the same smell at the beginnning. while flowerbomb remain the same till the end, Black XS turn out to be softer.

And Black XS is cheaper....

I find the drydown phase of Coco Mademoiselle as very similar to Flowerbomb. Lots of ethylmaltol!

I have lately taken to wearing Stella (by Stella McCartney) and it is quite like the 'Bomb. Softer, more rosy, less sweet. Not sure about price point though.
    WISHLIST: Tokyo Milk Honey & the Moon, Brooklyn Bunny Lettuce
    "Another way to take up more space is to wear perfume. I really love wearing perfume." ANDY WARHOL
    DETROIT RED WINGS: RULING THE HOCKEY UNIVERSE SINCE 1927

Bath and Body Works Sensual Amber is similar, although lighter than, Flowerbomb.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 5th March 2009 at 01:45 PM.

Hillaire

Flowerbomb for me is a bitterer version of Hanae Mori Butterfly

Could be just me of are there some similarities between hugo boss femme and viktor en rolf flowerbomb?
    unico grande amore.

Talking Re: Anything similar to flowerbomb?

wow I cant believe it i have found a perfume that smells like flower bomb and can you believe they sell it in the pound shop. It dont last as long as the real thing but it smells just like it and does last ong enough. Its called hidden love if you dont have a pound shop that sells it some people are selling it on ebay a little dearer but still a fraction of the price of flower bomb. I was on a mission to find this and believe me i have been smelling for ages i never thought i would find it in pound world .

Not sure about the price , but I think that Prada Tendre is somehow similar to Flowerbomb.
    Last edited by ineespenes; 5th July 2010 at 10:59 PM.