Code of Conduct

Default Who else misses Paul G?

This is a post for all the old timers -- you know, the people who have been here forever.

For quite some time now, i have thinking about this off and on. Am i the only one who misses Paul G's sometimes blunt and often very funny posts? Who will ever forget Cap n Crunch!

Paul, it truly would be nice to hear from you more often. Only if you have the time of course. I and many others i'm sure, miss ya.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Who else misses Paul G?

I do too as well as Col and several of the other old timers.
    I was away for a long while and was disappointed that lots of people left. It's understandable but still, they are missed.

Paul....are you out there.... calling Pauls Carlton Gamboa.... :-)

Post Thanks / Like

I miss PaulG. He was one of the people I chatted with regularly on the board and enjoyed his posts. He had me convinced that Piper Nigrum was the greatest scent ever.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Post Thanks / Like

He logs in regularly, I'm glad to say, and I miss his genius posts too. Who can forget that Olivier Creed will millesime-spray you to the face?
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    He logs in regularly, I'm glad to say, and I miss his genius posts too. Who can forget that Olivier Creed will millesime-spray you to the face?
    Oh my god. Hilarious. I had forgotten that...

Am I hallucinating or does he still post occasionally?
    There are a few that I miss. Then there are those that arrive with a flurry of posts for a while, then fade away...

-Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

Post Thanks / Like

I miss Paul G specially in the chat room:-)
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

THere's a chat room????
    Brent

Catherine Deneuve: "You should put scent where you like to be kissed."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoos View Post
    THere's a chat room????
    There was a chat room here before ( about two years ago ) and he was one of the regulars.... I haven't been here in a while so I guess Grant took it off. Anyway, Paul was a lot of fun the the room:-)
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Quote Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
    This is a post for all the old timers -- you know, the people who have been here forever.

For quite some time now, i have thinking about this off and on. Am i the only one who misses Paul G's sometimes blunt and often very funny posts? Who will ever forget Cap n Crunch!

Paul, it truly would be nice to hear from you more often. Only if you have the time of course. I and many others i'm sure, miss ya.
    I agree totally. Paul had the best stories ever-- the Cap'n Crunch/Hanae Mori story will forever remain one of my favorite things ever on Basenotes. Too bad was on the old boards and is probably lost. Also, I always enjoyed hearing what the kids in his class thought of his SOTD (They thought Creed Santal Imperial smelled like a quesadilla-- and when I wear Santal Imperial, I have that thought in the back of my mind). Also, who could forget the Millesime Imperial/Hooters Waitress story. Or the time his buddy opened his fridge looking for a beer and found fragrances in there and was shocked!

Paul, if you're reading this, you're sorely missed.

That goes for CoL, and some other folks as well.
    Last edited by Indie_Guy; 2nd July 2008 at 09:49 AM. Reason: typo

Post Thanks / Like

Paul is currently being held hostage and being beaten by a Cubs fan he mouthed off too. See, the Cubs just might win a world series this year for the first time since well Cher was in diapers (99 years). Shoulda cheered for the Yankees Paul, Boston folk are soft unlike the bad boys from Chi-towns North.

Cheers,
    Al
    Last edited by anak; 2nd July 2008 at 10:07 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I always enjoyed the special distaste he had for "Green Irish Curve".
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anak View Post
    Paul is currently being held hostage and being beaten by a Cubs fan he mouthed off too. See, the Cubs just might win a world series this year for the first time since well Cher was in diapers (99 years). Shoulda cheered for the Yankees Paul, Boston folk are soft unlike the bad boys from Chi-towns North.

Cheers,
    Al
    Amen, good to see a cubs fan. It's sad all these guys are going on the DL. Soriano can't stop getting hurt, Zambrano was having problems with his soulder too.

Post Thanks / Like

Ooooh let me clear the air, I'm not a Cubs fan but Paul is a die hard White Sox fan. I'm a Yankees and Pirates fan. this year I get to watch my team lose or I get to watch my team lose. It's great. But I would love to see the Cubs win it all. They deserve one already and they got former players from my 2 teams playing for them. But DO IT DUDE!!! Talk smack about the White Socks and praise the Cubs in some off topic posts and PAUL WILL RETURN FROM THE DEAD!!! In fact if everyone wants Paul back just talk about the Cubs in EVERY post and he will return

Cheers,
    Al

Nothing about fragrances but this thread never really was huh? Does Soriano speak English yet btw?
    Last edited by anak; 2nd July 2008 at 10:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to see Al still admits he's a Pirates fan (me too). Somebody needs to post the infamous picture of Paul G dressed up for Halloween.

Post Thanks / Like

There was also the time Paul doused the soles of his feet so that the smell of Piper Nigrum would waft upwards all night once he started shaking his money maker at the disco.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by anak View Post

Cheers,
    Al
    Cub fans drive me crazy. This weekend my bar is going to be flooded with them as they come to town to watch the Cubs play my beloved Cardinals. I'm bristling at the notion already. If the Cubs should manage to win a WS, I'm going to lock myself in my house for at least a year. Can't stand the thought. Anyway, I found the events of 2003 particularly delicious.

Post Thanks / Like

It turns out PaulG was actually Steve Bartman and is in hiding until the Cubs win the World Series.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azsmells View Post
    It turns out PaulG was actually Steve Bartman and is in hiding until the Cubs win the World Series.
    I wish he were Jeffrey Maier these days. ;^)

Cheers,
    Al

Paul I'll put a voodoo curse on the White Sox, Bulls, and Bears (the Hawks might actually play better with a curse so I'll leave them alone) if you dont post something by next week. Then I'll have George Pradel make Beatles music illegal to play or own. You have 7 days . . .

Post Thanks / Like

Paul G loved Piper Nigrum and I could never understand why. But I have to thank him for recommending Passage d'Enfer and Geir to me. They're my treasures.

Oh yeah, how could you forget his Will Ferrell avatar? Staring at it for so long drove me nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by teflondog View Post
    Oh yeah, how could you forget his Will Ferrell avatar? Staring at it for so long drove me nuts.
    LOL "More cowbell..."

Post Thanks / Like

Where to begin......my head hangs in shame. Hello again everyone and thanks for the shout out here. I had hit a bit of a rough patch the last year but this is a sign and enough to get me back here more regularly. It's funny that I just heard about this as today I had wore the fragrance that brought me here in the first place, Bvlgari Pour Homme and had forgotten how wonderful it is. Suffice to say I promise to become a more regular presence now and to let everyone else know that the rumors of Green Irish Tweed and Guerlain Vetiver being the reasons that the air quality in Beijing is so horrific are true.

edited note: I've already censored myself for reviving a dead thread
    Last edited by Paul G; 18th August 2008 at 03:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul G View Post
    Where to begin......my head hangs in shame. Hello again everyone and thanks for the shout out here. I had hit a bit of a rough patch the last year but this is a sign and enough to get me back here more regularly. It's funny that I just heard about this as today I had wore the fragrance that brought me here in the first place, Bvlgari Pour Homme and had forgotten how wonderful it is. Suffice to say I promise to become a more regular presence now and to let everyone else know that the rumors of Green Irish Tweed and Guerlain Vetiver being the reasons that the air quality in Beijing is so horrific are true.

edited note: I've already censored myself for reviving a dead thread
    Good to see you back,
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Great to see you around again, Paul!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Post Thanks / Like

Dead thread or not...........excellent to see you back!!!

Its great to hear from you again. Welcome back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVS3WNt7yRU

Just replace "Kotter" with "Paul G" .
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul G View Post
    Suffice to say I promise to become a more regular presence now and to let everyone else know that the rumors of Green Irish Tweed and Guerlain Vetiver being the reasons that the air quality in Beijing is so horrific are true.
    Now it's clear to me why the hungarian olympic team's result are the worst since the ancient greek games.

Thank you, and welcome back

Post Thanks / Like

And here I thought Elvis (and NIxon) had left the building permanently!
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976