Code of Conduct

Question Help/input needed on Malle line!

I'm going to order a couple samples from Perfumed Court in a little bit and would love some input.
    I've only tried Musc Ravageur (loved it and bought a bottle.. one of my favorites), Vetiver Extraordinaire (i think it's nice, but a bit thin and not my thing), and French Lover/Bois d'Orage (i really like it, but haven't justified the cost to how much i like it.. always just 'nice' for me).

I want some thoughts on others in the Malle line, specifically those that are rich and warm, yet masculine. I'm not sure I want to try Tuberose of Carnal Flower as that always strikes me as a very classic feminine scent. I want something rich, complex, warm, earthy and unique.

I'm on a kick of stuff along the lines of Idole de Lubin and Amouage XXV. The Malle rep told me I'd like Noir Epices and Une Rose, but I always love the thoughts of people here too

Also, anyone know of any coupons for shipping or anything there? I couldn't find any on a search.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Banned

Default Re: Help/input needed on Malle line!

I would definitely try Noir Epices, and maybe Brigarade Concentree. I have't tried Une Rose, but I've heard it is a very realistic take on.. rose.

As for coupons, they aren't doing their usual $75,$125, etc coupons this month. It is their "July Fireworks" specials. Until July 7th they have free shipping off $50. SHIPFREE

Rest of the month they will have specials on larger lines, with at least 10% off for two days. So maybe if you order now you can get a nice decant on sale. LOL I sound like their advertiser! (not affil =P)
    Last edited by teger; 2nd July 2008 at 02:00 AM.

Blog Entries

This made me chuckle. I am not sure what it is with Noir Epices, but they seem to recommend it to everyone no matter what your taste is! :-)

At one of the Barney's, I mentioned I like really masculine scents. Noir Epices was the first thing that came out of her mouth. At another, I mentioned my tastes lean more towards unisex on the feminine borderline. Sure enough, it was Noir Epices! Same thing with filling out the form on their website.

[quote=jrd4t;1251930]

I'm on a kick of stuff along the lines of Idole de Lubin and Amouage XXV. The Malle rep told me I'd like Noir Epices and Une Rose, but I always love the thoughts of people here too

[\quote]
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

I second Noir Epices on its own merit. You could also try Angeliques sous la Pluie and L'Eau d'Hiver, I've seen them get some love from the men here.

+1 on Noir Epices...it's wonderful. Carnal Flower is my other favourite. Une Rose is great, but overwhelmingly strong. Angelique Sous La Pluis is beautiful, but very similar to French Lover. Bigarade Concentree smells very much like Cartier's Declaration if you've tried it.

Basenotes Institution

Try Noir Epices, Carnal Flower, Bigarade Concentree and En Passant
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Sur la Plage

I just tried a bunch this past weekend, and Noir Epices is the one that really stood out to me.

The very hot SA was wearing L'Eau d'Hiver - and it did smell really good on him
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Noir Epices and Une Rose should satisfy your rich/warm requirements. However, I recommend testing all of them at your leisure. Malle's Editions de Parfums showcase an extraordinary line of perfume art.
    Last edited by Sloan; 2nd July 2008 at 05:09 AM.

You only need Carnal Flower, Vetiver Extraordinaire. The rest are either just ok or similar to already existing fragrances. I haven't tried the roses (Une Rose and Lipstick Rose).
    -