Code of Conduct

Default Don't pass the Courvosieur

Ahhhh this was almost as painful as trying the Lamborghini scent (my favorite cars, Courvosieur - favorite alcohol). It wasn't bad (the Lambo scent was terrible) but it was not special. I found it to be flat not rich no silage nothing exciting. Hell, Intimately Beckham was more interesting than this. It didn't even create a thick sensual atmosphere. IT'S F'ING HOT AND HUMID IN NYC TOO! Sad.

Cheers,
    Al

Default Re: Don't pass the Courvosieur

I don't agree. I really like it. It is a rich warm fragrance and subtle. It does wear close to the skin, but if worn with the right application lasts well. It's an elegant, opulent scent for someone who doesn't need to announce their presence with a cloud of cologne.

And if it's hot and humid in New York, it's totally the wrong fragrance to be wearing.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by anak View Post
    Ahhhh this was almost as painful as trying the Lamborghini scent (my favorite cars, Courvosieur - favorite alcohol). It wasn't bad (the Lambo scent was terrible) but it was not special. I found it to be flat not rich no silage nothing exciting. Hell, Intimately Beckham was more interesting than this. It didn't even create a thick sensual atmosphere. IT'S F'ING HOT AND HUMID IN NYC TOO! Sad.

Cheers,
    Al
    I'm with you. Thin and harshly chemical. It seems any potential was thrown away by using the cheapest possible ingredients. Belongs in the drug store. No fan of Beckham, but I agree it's better than this.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Well, I like it.

And as I wrote earlier, it may not be extremely original, but it kind of reminds me of the way men frags used to smell in pre Acqua di Gio days. Just a pleasant, traditional masculine scent. With a warm vibe to it.

Ow, and btw, I do think it's more of a winter frag, so no wonder you don't like it in steaming hot New York.
    No guru, not method, no teacher
    Just you and I and nature

I dont like since it lacks complexity and personality not because its cloying or heavy (characteristics that would lean toward hot humid weather). This baby just SUCKS. The quality of the oils is on a Coty level moreso than a Guerlain level. I wish I could like it but if I want to wear Courvosieur I'll just take out my shot glass.

Cheers,
    Al

I disagree too and quite enjoy it. :-P
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

I like it as well .. 4/5

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

I love it also.