Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Why no Apres L'Ondee in EDP or parfum

Does anyone (Mr. Turin?) know why Guerlain stopped making a concentrated form of Apres L'Ondee? The longevity on it is the only drawback. Not only is it all but impossible to find anywhere on the internet, but now it looks like they will never bring back an extrait. I'm sure it would sell out in minutes if they did. Doesn't anyone in the perfume business keep an eye on internet traffic?

Default Re: Why no Apres L'Ondee in EDP or parfum

The extrait only lasts marginally longer, although it smells much richer (and better in general). I doubt Guerlain keeps tabs on Internet traffic either way.

I saw it in europe about 6 months ago, so I'm not sure ?

Blog Entries

I informed the manager of the Toronto Guerlain boutique of the existence of Basenotes in February... we need to spread the word of this site to those with some actual clout with the companies!

Blog Entries

Thanks for your replies. I did find a sample of extrait (which cost too much) at Perfumed Court. And I noticed it wasn't that much better. Still, it would be nice to have the option. It's so pretty, it just needs to be stronger. When I wear it no one can smell it but me.

I asked the Shop France woman (Suzan) on Ebay to get me some but she can't find any. She says she has tried to find it for several other people. She goes to the Guerlain Boutique in Paris. If they don't have it, I don't know who would.

You're not likely to find it new at the boutique. Your best option is to have ebay send you search results everyday and hope it comes up for auction.

In the meantime you could always try the little tricks to make the EDT last longer...moisturize before applying, spraying on forearms, back of neck, etc.

Blog Entries

Thanks I'l try that.

Do try Armani Prive Pierre de Lune. To my nose it is the closest scent to Apres. It shares the same ethereal quality. Unfortunately it last only marginally longer than Apres.

Blog Entries

Thanks! I will. I'm always interested in finding similar scents. I have a feeling (after reading Burr's latest book) AL'O has become too expensive to make properly.