Code of Conduct

Blog Entries

Default Scenting your car?

I figure this is the best place to put this thread. Do you all use any car air fresheners? I use the various car products from Yankee Candle in the Midsummer's Night scent. I'm currently using the "pump n go" thing. It's ok...I just wish it was stronger. I like the car jar gels a lot, they're plenty strong, but they don't seem to last very long. And the regular car jars are just ugly, lol.

And you all?
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Default Re: Scenting your car?

I use Can-O-Scents (Jasmine) from the auto parts store, I slip it under the driver's seat.
    Last edited by silverbullet; 2nd July 2008 at 09:28 PM.

I like the Midsummer's Night jar that hangs from the rearview mirror. Is that the kind that you think are ugly? I do complain that the scent is overwhelmingly strong for a few days, and doesn't last entirely too long. I just love the scent of it specifically in my car though!

I recently bought a "scent locket" off Ebay and thought it would be nice to hang from the rear view mirror. You're supposed to put a little cotton ball soaked with fragrance in it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by whosyourcaddy05 View Post
    I like the Midsummer's Night jar that hangs from the rearview mirror. Is that the kind that you think are ugly? I do complain that the scent is overwhelmingly strong for a few days, and doesn't last entirely too long. I just love the scent of it specifically in my car though!
    Here's the car gel that I use: http://www.yankeecandle.com/cgi-bin/...sp?oid=5155563

Here's the car jar that I love the scent of, but I think is ugly: http://www.yankeecandle.com/cgi-bin/...sp?oid=4886399

That being said though, I do have some leftover Midsummer's Night car jars that I hang in my bathroom .

Santa Maria Novella - Nostalgia would be the perfect scent for a race car. It smells like a vintage race car.
    I thought about the perfect car scent a while ago and I think Bulgari Black would also be a very good choice. Maybe some leather? Etro's Gomma?
    Now these all are designer fragrances (OK, one niche) and are not intended to be used as room spray or in cars, but if the price is no concern, this is a really good alternative. Another option would be Line Dried Cotton from Yankee candle. Unoffensive, clean cotton freshness also works in cars.

Nevermind, my vote goes to Bulgari Black. 75ml Testers can be found cheap on eBay and a bottle will last a long, long time. The scent is awesome in a car!
    Last edited by dr.creed; 4th July 2008 at 06:31 AM.
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

I make plaster forms and spray them with amber or a home made fragrance (oakmoss, citrus, lavender, etc.). They are not too strong, just pleasant.
    L'amour fait songer, vivre et croire. Il a, pour réchauffer le coeur, un rayon de plus que la gloire; et ce rayon, c'est le bonheur. (Victor HUGO)

My husband scents his Mustang GT with Allure Homme. Wonderful! My Explorer tends to smell of just 'perfume' due to me being in and out. Although people will get in and go "It smells good in here". I agree on the car jars being ugly as sin. Maybe I'll just take a page from my husbands book and go find a bottle of something I like at TJ Maxx and use that instead........

I use good old fashion Trees. My favorite is vanillaroma and coconut. I haven't been able to find my favorite vanilla spray for cars lately. I would spray my seats and carpet with it. It smells soooooo good. I like the way everything in my car smells like my trees. I carry my CD case into work with me and it smells just like my car. I love that.

I remember when I lived in Greensboro, NC there was this carwash that had this spray freshner for your car. OMG that pina colada was the truth. It lasted forever. I loved that stuff, especially mixed with my trees.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Divatologist View Post
    I like the way everything in my car smells like my trees. I carry my CD case into work with me and it smells just like my car. I love that.
    OMG I totally hear you! I love the way my gym bag (which stays in my car) smells like Midsummer's Night. Since my gym bag is just a flimsy canvas bag, the scent soaks through & gets on my towel, too. So awesome.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

I accidentally spilled the contents of a Bois du Portugal 1ml sample on the mats and front passenger leather seat of my vehicle. This was around Christmas last year. The interior smelled divine for well over 2 weeks before the fragrance lost it's power.

Other than that, when I have it washed at the local car wash I don't allow them to put any scent inside. What nasty, artificial smelling stuff they use!. I don't spray, splash or hang open any scent of any kind inside. I want it to be a neutral smelling as possible--I don't smoke or allow anyone to smoke inside either.

However...I am considering stragic 'spills' of about 1ml each of some of my favorite frags, now that you have reminded me!
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie View Post
    I figure this is the best place to put this thread. Do you all use any car air fresheners? I use the various car products from Yankee Candle in the Midsummer's Night scent. I'm currently using the "pump n go" thing. It's ok...I just wish it was stronger. I like the car jar gels a lot, they're plenty strong, but they don't seem to last very long. And the regular car jars are just ugly, lol.

And you all?
    I used to use the Midsummers Night Candles all the time. Smells like Drakkar in a way but better.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

My god, I had to reread the title of this thread twice. First time, I thought it said:

Scenting your cat?
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

I have a pochette from L'Artisan Parfumeur that sits on my dash tucked in front of the compass. When it gets hot (tends to be often in FL), it makes the car smell ambery and sweet. I can also grab it and squish it around in front of a vent and it'll fill the car with the light smell. Very nice
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Spray the scent you like on thick cardboard, best to use oak paper. Leave the paper in your car and it should scent it for a good 3-5 days.

I don't smoke, nor do I know anyone who does so I put Santa Maria Novella Pot Potpourri in the ashtray

Smile Re: Scenting your car?

I learned how to make an air freshener for my car---I think it was from a wiki article. Anyway, you basically mash up the most unscented paper you can find (unless you like the smell of paper of course..) in water. You want to make a pulp out of it. Once it's macerated add the fragrance of your choice and pour into a cookie cutter shape (like a tree!) and set on a piece of wax paper. If I recall it works best if you oil the cookie cutter to avoid sticking. You can add food coloring or other dye that has little if any scent. Let dry, poke a hole in the top with a tooth pick or other sharp item, and voila...a car freshener!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie_j View Post
    I learned how to make an air freshener for my car---I think it was from a wiki article. Anyway, you basically mash up the most unscented paper you can find (unless you like the smell of paper of course..) in water. You want to make a pulp out of it. Once it's macerated add the fragrance of your choice and pour into a cookie cutter shape (like a tree!) and set on a piece of wax paper. If I recall it works best if you oil the cookie cutter to avoid sticking. You can add food coloring or other dye that has little if any scent. Let dry, poke a hole in the top with a tooth pick or other sharp item, and voila...a car freshener!!!

I am going to try this. Maybe with paper towel.

I use fabric dryer sheets they smell "so fresh and so clean".
    "While the king is at his table, my perfume fills the air with its fragrance." SoS 1:12

Smile Re: Scenting your car?

Quote Originally Posted by nosemolester View Post
    I am going to try this. Maybe with paper towel.

I use fabric dryer sheets they smell "so fresh and so clean".
    I'm going to use dryer sheets too..how easy! And I'm nuts for Mrs. Meyers Geranium scented ones. I don't buy them all the time..just once in a while because they are pricey. But so worth it in the dryer and in my closet! Now my car!

I got those large "not-for-sale" bottles of Abercrombie FIERCE on eBay and have been using them to scent my car.

I am using Bottega Veneta Intrecciati Leather Pouch by L'Artisan in dark brown that matches with the color of my car.

Talking Re: Scenting your car?

I also have a little garden gnome cardboard figure in my car (I have an art car..so it works), and I spray 'him' with fragrances that I like but that don't work on my skin. He's kind of my 'reject' recipient.
    BTW...This is actually the exact polar opposite of Tariq's very sophisticated and stylish method of scenting HIS car! In universal terms, his scent style is matter and mine is antimatter. If our cars got too close to each other they'd probably self-destruct in an expanding fireball!

I have a diffuser with fabric wick that you drop essential oils or perfumes on to, then put it in the cigarette lighter. Smells great and it comes with spares so you can have different fragrances on different wicks. Also, the good thing is that you can turn it on or off if it gets too strong...
    I've only seen them for sale here -

http://www.essentialoilsdirect.co.uk...10&item_id=494
    Last edited by kanasta; 18th April 2009 at 02:17 PM.

I used to have the little Lorenzo Villoresi sachets of potpourri/Piper Nigrum in my car. You can see the sachets in the lower left of this picture (I'm not sure who carries them anymore-I got mine from Lafcony):

The Bark Bites Back.

Quote Originally Posted by beachroses View Post
    I recently bought a "scent locket" off Ebay and thought it would be nice to hang from the rear view mirror. You're supposed to put a little cotton ball soaked with fragrance in it.
    And the ghetto way is to use a metal tea ball.

Oh dear. My car smells like dog. Literally.
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

Rotfllllllllllllllll!!!!! I read the title of this thread and I saw Scenting your cat? and I thought, Well that's kind of a crazy little idea. Come heeeeere, my lil Sal Pal! Mama wants to spray you with some Hypnotic Poison!
    Ahh, I just read farther up and I see Stereotomy saw the same thing...

Anyway.

There are some really good ideas on here! I made some mulberry sachets that did absolutely nothing and I really can't abide that vanilla jelly stuff. The locket sounds adorable.

I don't scent my car but there are some good ideas here. I particularly like the idea of a potpourri sachet. One time I was driving around the high desert in Oregon with a friend and collected a small bunch of wild sage which I tied to the rearview mirror. The heat of the parked car brought out the scent, and it was amazing! The entire interior of the car carried the scent of the land. Some years later I tried it with some herbs grown in my own garden, but it never had the same potency.

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    I don't scent my car but there are some good ideas here. I particularly like the idea of a potpourri sachet. One time I was driving around the high desert in Oregon with a friend and collected a small bunch of wild sage which I tied to the rearview mirror. The heat of the parked car brought out the scent, and it was amazing! The entire interior of the car carried the scent of the land. Some years later I tried it with some herbs grown in my own garden, but it never had the same potency.
    This is a great idea! I think I'll try some fresh sprigs of lavender!

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    bouquet car-ni?

Blog Entries

This is really simple. Put one, at most two spritzes of whatever you like on a plain paper towel in the morning. Put it in the coin tray, the unused ashtray, the map pocket, ... Something else tomorrow.

I love to use Montale Black Aoud. It is so strong so a small decant lasts a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    This is a great idea! I think I'll try some fresh sprigs of lavender!
    I tried it with home grown lavender, but it just wilted and died and wasn't strong enough to scent the car. Something about that wild sage...it was potent. Someone once brought me a lavender sachet back from France, however, that pretty much scented my entire first floor. Maybe it has to be French lavender.

Quote Originally Posted by alacious View Post
    bouquet car-ni?
    Good one!

I spray a tissue with Kouros, then my car remains scented for at least a week. MMMMMmmmmm good!
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

My "Mom Van" smells like me all the time, whatever I may be wearing. Whenever I go out to leave I give myself a fresh squirt of perfume before I hit the door. Therefore the van always smells like fresh perfume. People always says when they open the door that it smells great in there. So I guess I don't need to do anything special to make it smell better.

Hillaire

I hose down my car with Trussardi Trussardi in the white croc bottle, after I wash it. It's my car's signature scent. It's perfect for that purpose, too.

Try This:
    Its a basically like a plug-in wall air freshner, but without electricity, of course.
    And if you stick it to your air conditioner vent, AMAZING!
    Here's a link:
    http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/prod...entPage=search

I just posted a recipe for a homemade fragrance spray that costs a $1. I use it in my car and my dorm room. Works pretty great!

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=231149
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

I hate it when the wick runs out before the candle, especially some of those pricey ones, so for a while I hoarded the leftovers . When we moved I just couldn't throw out the box of leftovers it smelled so good, so I melted them down and filled left over glass containers about 1/2 way. The smaller glass containers fit into the cupholder in the backseat of my car and the summer heat is enough to infuse the car with the scent.

I use essential oils on the floor mats ,just a few drops are all you need ! Rosemary,basil or grapefruit are all great very invigorating and last for ages.But try and avoid ones like lavender,orange etc which can be a bit relaxing ; not a good idea to be nodding off at the wheel ...............!
    Many years ago I used to have a" new car smell "spray ,which was a kind of plastic,leathery scent and loved it !! Ironic as the car was a rusty old wreck !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by beachroses View Post
    My mother always sprayed a cotton ball and stuffed it between the slats of one of the vents. Turn on the A/C et voila!

Also, everytime I get a sample card sprayed at the department store, I tuck it somewhere in my car and I can continue "sampling" a new fragrance for a couple of days.
    Last edited by cbstarker; 24th July 2009 at 03:47 AM.
    Currently looking for Ava Luxe Midnight Violet

Visit my offsite sales thread for other items for sale - just updated!
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=265#265

Every once and awhile I spritz whatever I have a decant of in my purse into my vents (while they are OFF of course LOL) and then I reach back and spritz the floor mats. I like it when my car smells like my bedroom
    beauty guru & perfume whisperer
    dalybeauty.ca
    twitter @daly_beauty

I spray this Hawaiian cologne my friend sent me from Hawaii on the backs of my head rests and under the rubber floor mats. It gives my car a "tropical fresh" scent. I use the same cologne for a room freshener. I love the stuff, just not on my skin.

Blog Entries

Question Re: Scenting your car?

I was thinking about using old fashioned sachets in the car in those gold fine screened top tie bags. Has anyone tried this. If so, what do you use for fragrance?

I use a mixture of a few room sprays, mainly abercrombie FIERCE

I love scenting my car but i can never find a method to make it last long and strong enough! Some good ideas shared in this post that i will try out

Creamy Nutmeg From Bath And Body Works, The $5 Can Sprayer. Very Strong. I Spray When I Get Out Cause You Will Choke If You Spray Ot While Sitting In Your Car!

For give me for my otiose habits, though I actually prefer the smell of a new car...When I buy my first car *Note: I'm only 16, legal age is 18 Here* It'll have that untarnished leather scent...A pleasantry to my nose...Seriously, I can remember imploring my nostrils onto the leather seats just imbibing their scents....Amazing stuff!!!...Love my leather...though If I end Up getting an old car...*Mercedes 1970's HatchBack* then Tom Ford's Tuscan Will do the trick!!

- Balava
    Last edited by Balavassassin; 14th February 2010 at 02:03 PM.
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

I know we are talking about car fragrance here but I'd like to shower my car with none other than my favorite perfume... Cocoa Mademoiselle by Chanel..

haha.. expensive as it may seem but I'd like to smell it's fragrance everywhere I go.. But since, it's unrealistic.. I'd go for the cheaper car fragrances