Code of Conduct
    BN better than ever
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Do identical twins like the same fragrances?

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    I have realised that everyone needs to be passionate about something or other, however weird it may seem to others.

I have learned that our scent is part of the memory that we leave behind us when we go.

Nobody has the same taste as us - some have similar taste , but not identical.
    We all perceive the world in our own unique way.
    I clipped this Kewart profundity from the "What I've Learned Lately" thread to explain why I'm prompted to ask if anyone here is a twin, is a parent of twins, has access to querying twins: Are their tastes identical?

This would make for a fascinating study about those identical twins separated at birth. How much of their memories would influence their fondness for particular notes? I tend to think nature always wields a little greater influence than nurture.
    Monarch butterflies require milkweed to prevent extinction

Default Re: Do identical twins like the same fragrances?

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    I clipped this Kewart profundity from the "What I've Learned Lately" thread to explain why I'm prompted to ask if anyone here is a twin, is a parent of twins, has access to querying twins: Are their tastes identical?

This would make for a fascinating study about those identical twins separated at birth. How much of their memories would influence their fondness for particular notes? I tend to think nature always wields a little greater influence than nurture.
    unless of course one twin had a near death experience involving a certain fragrance and the other one didnt

My brothers are twins, each very different in their own likes & dislikes.
    One brother sees my collection as absolutely ridiculous while the other is very impressed and enjoys having mini-sniffas when he visits. (Guess which one I've always been closer with )
    They don't like to dress or smell alike...but I believe it's because they feel the need to assert their individuality instead of really having different tastes in scent & clothes.

It would be interesting to know if they would be more alike if they had been separated at birth.
    Last edited by tinker424; 3rd July 2008 at 09:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

My old flatmate was an identical twin and their tastes were very different. Twin who didn't live with me wore something very floral (don't know what), flatmate twin if she wore scent at all wore muskier ones. Their food tastes were very different too, but their clothing and everything else was very matchy even with 200miles between them.

My mum has a twin sister. They are different in character, tastes and personnality. One is excessive and buys absolutely everything, the other one takes her time and likes beautiful things (clothes, handbags, shoes, etc.).

Their perfumes are quite opposite as well. My mum likes aldehydes, citrus and chypre perfumes and her sister only wears Dior Addict and Pamplelune.
    L'amour fait songer, vivre et croire. Il a, pour réchauffer le coeur, un rayon de plus que la gloire; et ce rayon, c'est le bonheur. (Victor HUGO)

Post Thanks / Like

From what I understand identical twins are far from identical neurologically speaking. Much of the brain's development occurs after birth and environment affects it's development more than we are led to believe. Many children born with severe damage to one hemisphere of the brain are actually able to recover from this so well that they display almost no outward signs of this injury (they may have some impediment to their speech or walk with a slight limp, for example.) This would lead me to believe that they develop quite unique personalities and I wouldn't be surprised if they had equally individual tastes. However, since they do have the same "blue-print", similar experiences may affect them in similar ways so, particularly in situations where they are raised together, I'd expect them to have a lot of similarities in personality. I do, ultimately, think that they are more shaped by nurture than nature.
    Another belief of mine; that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise.

Margaret Atwood